• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Japanese Language Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikui

Strange one~
I know a place where you can find good japanese music.
Search around on youtube.com. You don't have to download there,it's streamed.

Jinchuuriki Hunter

Johto Champion Ninja
Normally, "wo" (NOT "o", however it is PRONOUNCE "o") is used in conjunction with [subject], or optionally with [topic] and [verb]. Saying "Watashi (watasi) ga manga wo yomi" means "I am reading the manga" I have a little page which has some Japanese I type up, HOWEVER, I made a really silly mistake somewhere. See if you can spot the mistake.
Meh, I guess that's why it's placed in the "w" section of the kana table.
Let's see if I got this straight, "wo" is used between a topic and a verb to explain that the verb is being done onto the topic?

By the way, I can't spot the mistake. I can barely read it well. You told us your name, home country and...something else. I think it said "...game..."

Hitokoto no Sunji
"Sora" means sky. We should make that our mascot or something...

Sonozaki Maya

realized seraph
Do you own any Japanese video games, if so how many?

Disruptor [PS1]
IQ [PS1]
Street Fighter Alpha 3 [PS1]

Pokemon Red [GB]
Pokemon Yellow [GBC]
Pokemon Silver [GBC]
Pokemon Crystal [GBC]
Pokemon Sapphire [GBA]
Puyo Wars [GBC]
Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon Blue [DS]
Tengai Makyou 2: Manjimaru [DS]
SSBM in Japanese [GCN]

Rasetsu -alternative- [PS2]
Tales of the Abyss [PS2]
Ar Tonelico [PS2]
Final Fantasy X International [PS2]

Hmmm... that's all I can remember right now...

Jinchuuriki Hunter: That's alright, it's pretty difficult if you're a grammar beginner... I'll give you a hint - I tried saying that I liked playing games, and fumbled up my sentence, so I broke it up.

--Hitokoto no Sunji--
"Dakishimeru" means "to embrace".

Jinchuuriki Hunter

Johto Champion Ninja
That's alright, it's pretty difficult if you're a grammar beginner... I'll give you a hint - I tried saying that I liked playing games, and fumbled up my sentence, so I broke it up.
I knew there was something wrong with the "game" sentence...

Right, I'm gonna learn about another particle. How 'bout..."de"?
When and how do we use "de"?

Hitokoto no Sunji
"Shokobutsu" means plants.
Might as well add another one,
"Doubutsu" means animals.

Search around on youtube.com. You don't have to download there,it's streamed.
I'm actually going to try to make an AMV as of last night. I hope I collect enough videos to make a nice three part Ikue Ohtani vid(I already have plenty of music)...my plan is to set it to two Ohtani songs(Zatch's version of my claimed song, and one of Hana-chan's songs) and 'Hey, Pikachu'(since Pikachu can't really talk).

Sonozaki Maya

realized seraph
LegendaryArcanine: Nope. It's a grammar-related mistake. AMV stands for Anime Music Video, iirc.

Pika Hikari KT: Synch's seiyuu [Tales of the Abyss] is Ikue Ohtani. :3

--Hitokoto no Sunji--
"Eien" means "forever" or "eternal".

On topic. When I got Sonic Advance the language was set to Japanese. But then I knew absolutley nothing about the language.

Thank you very much for the comment LegendaryArcanine. I love banner making, maybe I'll make another later.

Ever listened to Japanese music? Did you understand the lyrics?
I listen to it more than english on most days. I enjoy the fast pace on the boppy songs and the ballads of Japanese jongs are just beautiful. I only have a basic knowledge of the language so I usually don't know what is being said, however I often pick up words here and there.

Sadly no, I would struggle. Besides, I need more time for games =/

Also out of interest (this has been bugging me for a while) how do you join verbs? By that, I mean if you wanted to say: "On Wenesday, I listen to music and read a book." To say one, I would say: "Suiy?bi ni ongaku o kikimasu." And then I would just add on "Hon o yomimasu." But I want to know how to make it all one sentence by adding something between thos two sentences. I hope that made sence, I just have been trying to find this out but it's not in any of my books.

~ Hitokoto no Sunji ~
"Totemo" meaning "very."

Vixie

I'd like to join, please. I know a little Japanese and I'm trying to learn more ^___^

I always listen to Japanese music!
If some random person looked at my MP3, they would probably think it belonged to someone from Japan or something o_O.And I usually only understand Japanese music if I read the English lyrics ._.;

Hehe, that really sounds a lot like me! I had like, 5 GB worth of songs on my mp3 player, and only like... 10 songs that were in English. XD Then I reformatted it... so I'm in the process of putting them back on. My favorite Jpop singers are Rurutia (really good, but sadly not heard of very often), Hamasaki Ayumi, and Hikaru Utada. ^^

As for watching shows in Japanese, I watch a lot of anime in Japanese with subtitles. Since I'm still a beginner, I only understand a few phrases and whatnot.

I don't have any Japanese games, unfortunately, but my boyfriend has a Japanese version of Pokemon Gold. When I get better at understanding, I'll give it a try. Being able to read the writing < understanding what the writing means. XD

Sonozaki Maya

realized seraph
Also out of interest (this has been bugging me for a while) how do you join verbs? By that, I mean if you wanted to say: "On Wenesday, I listen to music and read a book." To say one, I would say: "Suiy?bi ni ongaku o kikimasu." And then I would just add on "Hon o yomimasu." But I want to know how to make it all one sentence by adding something between thos two sentences. I hope that made sence, I just have been trying to find this out but it's not in any of my books.

It's possible to use conjunctions, I guess...

"Suiyoubi ni ongaku o kikimasu soshite suiyoubi ni hon o yomimasu"

That's a bit long, but still, it works. I think. D: I'm not THAT sure...

--hitokoto no sunji--
"kokoro" means "heart".

Haruka

Banned
Your welcome, LengendaryArcanine!^_^
Moshi Moshi, D55! I was waiting for you to join!^_^​
Do you own any japanese video games? If, How much?
I own Pokemon Mysterious Dengeon Blue and i Pre-Ordered Pearl.​
Hitokoto No Sunji!
"Aijin" means lover.​

SilverVappy

Digitality...
I prefer them most of the time over English music and they cover pretty much every MB on my MP3 player, but I only recently started to understand some words in them... ^_^;
Hitokoto No Sunji!
"Hajimari" means beginning.

Sonozaki Maya

realized seraph
SilverVappy: Heh, same here... any English songs which I do have are done by Japanese music artists lol. ;D (I have over 350+ MB filled on my 512 MB MP3 player).

I have a question to ask...
When did you start to actually learn Japanese or teach yourself (as a hobby or whatever)?
Personally, I started to delve into the Japanese language late in 2004... Which is 2 years ago... XD

--hitokoto no sunji--
"Hoshi" means "star".

SilverVappy

Digitality...
When did you start to actually learn Japanese or teach yourself (as a hobby or whatever)?
I weren't exactly keeping track of it, but it was somewhere late in 2005...
Just needed a nice hobby. :)

--hitokoto no sunji--
"Ryuusei" means "Falling star".

Last edited:

striker

I AM THAT IS
Sory if this is against the rules but
Can anyone tell me how to say nature in japanese

Haruka

Banned
When did you start to actually learn japanese or teach yourself (As a hobby or whatever)?
Seven months ago, Right on New Years day.​
~Hitokoto No Sunji!~
"Toshi" means year.​

♥Princess Ketchum♥

#1 Ash Satoshi Lover
I Have played a couple of games in japanese and i just love it so much and does anyone know there ABC In jap

I have a very baddly translated hack of Gold and Silver which keeps the Pokemons Japanese names but the rest seems to be translated by a five year old Chinese person with downs

Shadow Ichigo

Left On A Journey

Like about between 20-40. I have alot of japanese games at home. But I perfer RPG japanese games better and plus there more funner then other games XD.

When did you start to actually learn japanese or teach yourself (As a hobby or whatever)?

Its been a long time. My grandmother started teaching me how to speak japanese back in elementary school. I'm still taking lesson and I'm going to learn more in collage then I'm going to try do a exchange program.

Status
Not open for further replies.