1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Japanese Mewtwo Strikes Back Teaser Trailer. The movie intended as the finale to the Pokemon anime.

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by shoz999, Oct 9, 2018.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Name's Looker, Detective Looker.

Since my joke turned out to be more misleading than funny. Here is the edited version.

So some of you may know that the anime was supposed to end with the original Indigo League season. There was originally no intention to continue the anime longer and the sequels, Gold and Silver, were intended to be the last final games before Nintendo realize how crazy popular Pokemon is. Here this is believed to be cut content intended for Mewtwo Strikes Back to be the grand finale to the Indigo League season. Honestly if you think about it, the anime crew did put a lot of work and care into the story of this one before 4KiDs kind of butchered it. The video link depicts the original Japanese teaser featuring an older Misty next to what fans assume is her child. Fans assume that she is also the child of a grownup Ash. Well here's the link below I'll let the video tell you yourselves and you can draw your own conclusions. An interesting look of what could've been don't you say?

Link - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mewtwo+strikes+back+teaser

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  2. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Rei Claus

This was just a teaser trailer; none of it was meant to be used in the movie iirc

SinnohEevee, Kutie Pie and satopi like this.
  3. Power Up

Power Up Gone for two weeks

Don't worry, I'm an AmourShipper and I don't really care about something that happened 19 years ago and didn't even make it to the actual movie.

Plus it's not even confirmed that the girl was Ash and Serena's daughter. As far as I know, Misty got into a lesbian relationship with the blue hair girl and they adopted a daughter.

Was this supposed to get a rise out of us or something?

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  4. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Nice to know what could have been. I wonder if they would have continued with their daughter?

5. keepitsimple

keepitsimple Sylvester's Joltik was robbed

I'm not even a shipper and idgaf

Dragalge likes this.
  6. AznKei

AznKei Pump It Up Prime 2 Girl

Considering this is on YouTube & that there's a popular Poketuber who's also an Amourshipper with some of his rabid Amourshipping audience there, he probably thought it would make a reaction here too.

But yeah, I don't care about Ash, so idgaf as well.

keepitsimple likes this.
  7. shoz999

Nope. Just a joke for people to laugh together. Guess it wasn't that funny. I just thought this little interesting piece of history deserves discussion since it's often discussed that Mewtwo Strikes Back was supposed to be the anime finale based on this teaser alone.

A teaser yes. Does it discount it as cut content, not necessarily! I feel like it goes hand in hand with how the anime team originally intended to end the anime series with the Indigo League instead of continuing it.

A) That's not what the thread is neccesarily about and B) if you dgaf, what are you even doing here then?

LilligantLewis likes this.
  8. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

It wont happen but it wuld be cool if they used this exact ending for the Mewtwo remake. Best of all it wouldn't affect the main anime continuity

9. shoz999

True but honestly think about if it did happened so long ago? If they realized how insanely popular Pokemon was after they ended the anime, would they make a sequel featuring Gold!? Would they make a trend of sequels including the male protagonists as the next generation of main characters? Think how much would change based on ending the anime finale so early.

10. keepitsimple

keepitsimple Sylvester's Joltik was robbed

Yes at least it was lmao, it was originally about getting a reaction from amourshippers before you edited, which is why I made my first post but nice try. [​IMG]

You are having that already

Dragalge likes this.
  11. shoz999

Pretty sure your first post was something about having a fit over shipping or something. Well if you say it was specifically the reaction, then I guess that makes a lot of sense. Also nice try for what? You need make it clearer or people who read your comment are going to get confused. Same thing for the second post. Not making any sense. You should make it clearer otherwise it's going to seem like a poor excuse.

12. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

According to takeshi shudo-
    http://www.style.fm/as/05_column/shudo184.shtml

Probably the only time you would see, expect or hear ash getting old.As for the girl she was there to hear the story of boy named ash, basically she was playing the role of a viewer, her being a shipchild is just a desperation of some shippers trying to prove there ships since all other girls didn't even existed and misty herself was a 17-18 old teenager and i doubt she would have a child at age 10.
    But i would love to see the idea of ash getting old.

13. shoz999

... hehehehahaha. That is VERY interesting. Correction! THAT IS WAY MORE INTERESTING than that marriage theory everyone had. I thought it was a little odd myself but have any of you noticed that older Misty looks a lot like her design in Generation 2!? Oh man. The thought of many of the Kanto characters from the anime moving on into their Gen 2 roles excites me! Would Ash be at Mt. Silver? Would Cinnabar be covered in volcanic ash? Would we get to see the other Gym Leaders other than Brock and Misty? It's just a hunch but if they realized how popular Pokemon was after making the movie as a finale, it makes me think that they could've considered an alternative option if they've gone this route, do an entirely new protagonist in a world where Ash, Misty and Brock has gotten older. Nothing concrete but the idea that this COULD'VE HAPPENED excites me.

14. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

It's really sad we don't get more translations of the Shudo's blog entries. They clarify so many things and debunk all the crazy theories of the fandom.

SinnohEevee and keepitsimple like this.
  15. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

Lol this whole thread is just you wishing the anime were like the manga.

16. shoz999

Your are probably absolutely right lol however not everything that goes by a new protagonist by generation has to go by Pokemon Adventures. I think it'd be interesting to see what the anime's crew take on Gold would be and who his new companions could possible be. Also I refuse to call him Jimmy or Ethan! Out of personal bias, those names do not fit with any take on Gold, not even anime Gold.

17. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

He's Jimmy.

18. shoz999

Out of personal fan bias for my love of the Gen 2 games, the greatest sequels until Half-Life 3 transcends time and space, against this canon-fact, NEVER!

19. Apslup

Apslup Saiyan/Namekian Warrior

I find cut content like this pretty fascinating, so I knew about this already. It would have been pretty disappointing if the Anime ended with coming 16th in Indigo League, huh? But this alternate movie seems pretty cool (sounds better than the actual Mewtwo Strikes Back film we got imo but that's debatable).

If anyone wants a more in-depth analysis on this trailer, follow this link:

http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/movies/pm_mewtwo/mewtwo_strikes_back_the_first_trailer.html

I'm guessing you mean Pokemon Ranger Boy 12, who is such a rabid Amourshipper that he constantly bitches about Serena not returning to the Anime and even made a theory saying that the Pokemon Performance episode we got a while ago (SM82) was hinting that Serena was coming back, which was wishful thinking at best. But I know most of his fans are pretty young, so I'm willing to give them a pass since we all do stupid stuff online when we are young (I know I did :p)

20. AznKei

AznKei Pump It Up Prime 2 Girl

I like Serena and I used to expect more during XY because it was the 1st series I watched fully. Unfortunately, I was disappointed how she was handled and I didn't want to give another chance to believe the producers/writers, so I made a fan project instead. I also dislike Ash but it's more about how they priotize him almost everytime than his character/personality.