• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Japanese players - they KNOW how to play better than us.

Tabris

Beginning Trainer
Most Japaneese players can think faster than us.
Maybe its because they went to school on Saturdays making them 24 hours smarter than us.
Hahaha, oh wow.

SilverDragon7683

Will Eat For Food
Okay, my turn.

So far I think I have only battled one, maybe two(can't remember) Japanese players, and I lost. However, I lost because I didn't really care. I got "tricked" with Flash Fire/Volt Absorb switching. For example, the battle started out with My Charizard VS their Scizor. Now, no one in their right mind would have kept a Scizor out vs a Charizard so as I figured, they switched to a Flash Fire Arcanine. However I didn't care and used Flamethrower anyway. Then Charizard fainted I sent out Jolteon. Arcanine had one hit left in it, but I decided to think ahead. Instead of useing a powerful thunderbolt to take off 2Hp, I used Hidden Power:fighting instead, and sure enough the opponent switched to a Traceing Proygon2 which walked into a super effective hit.

So in my oppinion, It's not that Japanese are better, but they just take everything more seriously.

[most]Americans want it done fast instead of done right.

I don't care how the Japanese are, I don't play Wifi yet..
Btw, I would more like to have a life then being pro in a children's game...

Wynaut?

If it's any consolation, I've kicked some Japanese *** at FF Fables: Chocobo Tales, and I'm just this random English guy from North West London. :)

Ho-oh Master

I have beat Japanese people in Pokemon and MPH.

Mono789

Master of Charizard
At least sometimes they are. Some of them have the most random teams...

Drift

u k i f u n e
I need to disagree with the first post.
I tend to defeat Japanese players on PBR, and if you ask me, they're average. If not, worse than us...
This is just IMO; based on my own personal experiences.

DaMike52

Banned
I dont care if their good. Id take being white over being good at pokemon anyday.

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
This thread is full of stereotype, people trying to look cool on the internet and, mostly, fail.

DaMike52

Banned
This thread is full of stereotype, people trying to look cool on the internet and, mostly, fail.

You just failed.

I always beat the Japanese players on Tetris DS. They were better, but they had a lot of wins so they were good because they were experienced and not because of who they where.

PikaPower!

I got a Japanese Dragonair for one of my 20-something Cranidos'

Little of topic,the top five Starcraft players are all SOuth Korean. Maybe it's because it's a National Sport there.

Wasiul Hoque

Master Trainer
Nahh its not about where they come from or what nationality but it's about skill but yeah ofcourse when it comes to pokemon you see a lot of japanese people since computer technology and games and all that is there thing, anyway pokemon was created originally in japan, by a japanese person, for japanese people (but after when they saw it selled so much they put it to other countries and now its pretty much a global success).
When it comes to battling, well I haven't really done a lot of battling but there's only about a handful of people that beat me in pokemon out of about the 50+ people I've battled against.. I still have to battle other people though, that are getting ready, and I'm feeling scared..

If it's any consolation, I've kicked some Japanese *** at FF Fables: Chocobo Tales, and I'm just this random English guy from North West London.
Same with me,but I haven't kicked any *** and I live in Australia.