• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jappio's (Supposedly Awesome) Splices and Captace Region

Jappio

Lord of Lightning
This is my showcase thread. C+C and all that is welcomed. I try to keep this updated, but sadly that only happens every now and again. For the most part the really old stuff is labeled. Most recent stuff though you'll find actually being posted later in the thread.

I take requests on splices, can't promise I'll do anything. Everything else though I probably won't do, as I haven't the time nor care to do just any old spriting for just anyone.

Also I'd like to take a moment to say something. My splices contain the sprites from multiple Pokemon games. Credit of the original sprites used in the making to Nintendo and Gamefreak. I would also like to thank Spriter's Resource, the place where they were ripped and distributed.

Scratch Spriting
Ganondorf from The Legend of Zelda.
Ganondorf.png
Lazengann from Gurren Lagann.
Lazengann-1.png
A friend's RP character. Name is Vargas. Attempt in a style used in a game called Meltyblood.
Vargas.png
Old sprites I was making for a fighting game. I've stopped since I want to get better and do them over in the future. Character name is Raizou, one of my RP characters.
NewRaizou.gif
A more recent project. Turning all the sprites in Super Mario World to Pokemon related things. Videos of other sprites also here.
DisplaySheet-2.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhfHz0o1j40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P-ais1KJcM
A Relicant Evo I made for someone I did a bit of an art trade with. Raelen Solo is the name of it's creator, I merely sprited it for him.
RelicanthEvo.png
A Torkoal Evo. I held a raffle and the winner got a request from me. This is the result. Concept idea goes to Turtle King.
TorkoalEvo.png

Splices
SpliceSheet42.png
SpliceSheet43.png
SpliceSheet44.png
SpliceSheet45.png
splicesheet46.png
SpliceSheet47.png
splicesheet1.png
Splicesheet2.png
SpliceSheet3.png
Splicesheet4.png
SpliceSheet5.png
SpliceSheet6.png
SpliceSheet7.png
SpliceSheet8.png
SpliceSheet9.png
splicesheet10.png
SpliceSheet11.png
SpliceSheet12.png
SpliceSheet13.png
SpliceSheet14.png
SpliceSheet15.png
SpliceSheet16.png
SpliceSheet17.png
SpliceSheet18.png
SpliceSheet19.png
splicesheet20.png
splicesheet22.png
SpliceSheet23.png
SpliceSheet24.png
splicesheet25.png
SpliceSheet26.png
SpliceSheet29.png
SpliceSheet30.png
splicesheet31.png
SpliceSheet34.png
SpliceSheet35.png
RaislashSheet.png
SpliceSheet37.png
SpliceSheet38.png
SpliceSheet39.png
SpliceSheet40.png
40thAniversary.png
SpliceSheet41.png

Captace Region
My own Pokemon region filled with new Pokemon and terrain. Everything here except Porygon 0 is a scratched sprite by me(Pory 0 is a sprite edit, but will later be made into a scratch sprite). I will not be posting their Dex entries here to save room. If you wish to know more, you can either find the original posts they were on, or you can PM me.

Any question, feel free to ask. I also gladly accept any critique.

RegionMaps.png

*Captace Region* is obviously a mountainess region. There is also a large river running through it. I have provided three maps. Two that are in the normal pokemon style. One is to a smaller more familiar size, the other has longer routes, both are pretty much the same. The third map shows features like forests and mountains better. The third also has the towns numbered, here is a description of each and some plot descriptions.

1. *Home Town* To the south is *Serenity Meadow*
2. *Town 2* Usual town where a parcel or whatever must be delivered. I might not do the delivery, but hey, it is classic so I might (I try not to be too stereo typical with everything, but some things I think are more so tradition).
3. *Town 3* First gym, a normal gym, you receive the Regular Badge upon victory.
4. *Peak Town* Home of the fifth gym, a wind gym, get Cyclone Badge. Various reasons as to why you can't do this gym yet. Also a planned town for a *Team Rocket* attack.
5. *Requiem Town* Home of the 2nd gym, a psychic gym, get Mind's Eye Badge. League route blocked by guy who needs to check for badges.
6. *Town 6* A nothing planned Town. The bike route to the south of it is only accessible by bike, so you must travel through the swamp.
7. *Swamp Town* 3rd Gym, poison gym, get Toxic Badge. Town sits on top of board walks, like the one town in R/S, but instead of over water, they are over a toxic swamp.
8. *Town 8* Bike is received here. Probably also a department store. Suppose to be the place to go when you come to this region.
9. *Town 9* 4th Gym, dragon gym, get *Draco Badge*. Originally a bridge/boat gets you across the river. Events though prevent you to get back, you obtain fly though and go back to to Town 4.
10. *Town 10* No real purpose as of now. Something prevents heading west (Future HM required or something).
11. *Town 11* 6th Gym Fire/Ice gym. Two leaders, double battle. Get the Burning Cold badge.
12. *Town 12* Another not really sure what I'm going to do with it town.
13. Crater Canyon. 7th Gym, Dark gym, get the Void Badge. Possibly legendary event goes down here or is explained.
14. *Town 14* Hard to reach secret town. 8th gym, Lightning gym, Bolt Badge. Sea connection, probably for S.S. activities. Also the town is surrounded in constant storms.
15. *Town 15* Not even sure if it will be town. Place where E4 is.

Planned things:
-Things like the breeding center and gambling hall could go anywhere Probably gambling hall goes in town 8, and breeder in town 6.
-Town 10 or 12 might get a "Pseudo Gym" Something like the fighting dojo in Blue/Red, special prize for winning.
-Extra Caves and Routes might exist and be added or not shown.
-A bridge exists between Town 5 and Town 6
-Routes will be given numbers. They are yet to be depicted, but more likely than not they will go 500, 501, 502, etc... It should be pretty much every piece of land between towns is one route.

3rdgenFakemonSheet1-2.png

3rdGenFakemonSheet2-1.png

3rdgenFakemonSheet3.png

Captace_Region_Pokedex_by_Jappio01.png

Large Badges
CaptaceBadges.png

Regular Badge: A normal gym.
Mind's Eye Badge: A psychic gym.
Toxic Badge: A poison gym.
Draco Badge: A dragon gym.
Cyclone Badge: A wind gym.
Burning Cold Badge: A fire/ice double battle gym.
Void Badge: A dark gym.
Smiting Badge: A lightning gym.

Miniature Badges
CaptaceBadgesSmall.png

Other
Revamp1.png
SplicingTutorial.png
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEuFBM_OuPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSQsgMWhdWk

Last edited:

Jappio

Lord of Lightning
I thought I did... I think what happened is when I uploaded them, they were turn to that, darn. I'll have to see what I can do about that. Well ok, I went back and made sure they were .png

Last edited:
I'm courios about your roserade/slaking fusion, why is there flowers there? If the are meant to be the hand's you'll have to connect them in some kind of way. Some of them look a little copy-pastish, and your fire mismagius shouldn't have any outline. Your raichu/armaldo needs a little outline fixing too, for example's there is some pixels missing under it's head on those white things. You have to recolour the outline (and the lines inside) on your sandslash/togekiss(?) fusion though i looks very odd with a white pokemon and ligth brown outlines, this is a problem you have with most of your fusions, you forget to recolour the outline. Your pikachu/beaver needs some head and eye improvements, try to scratch a little on it's cheek, it looks very out of propotions.

Good luck with improvements and keep practise!

Jappio

Lord of Lightning
Sorry Zessibelle, I haven't been able to fix the problems with my first splices, they just aren't major enough.

Ok, I've made some new splices. The first three are a combination of the Abra and Spheal family. I did them for a contest, I hope I'm going to win. The next few are just random combinations I came up with. Cloyturn and Skarninja both were a pain to color and make, for whatever reason. I like the results (my fav is the Megadactle). The last one on here is TROGDOR THE BURNiNATOR. I made him comepletely from Pokemon Parts (The most editing I had to do was for the body, but mostly was just the cutting up of Rayquaza).

Well hope you all like them, I'd love comments.

Splice_Sheet_2_by_Jappio01.png

You have recoloured the outlines (yay!), and that's improved since the last time. The double wings on Aerodactyl seems a little odd on our side, althoug the other side seems fine. The last one is just idk what to say... The arm isn't recoloured and he only got one (is that meant to be so or not?) The spikes on it's tail seems like they're falling down, like they're about to fall off... i'm also courios of the two black thingy's hanging from there...

//Zessibelle (again)

Jappio

Lord of Lightning
Well it would seem you don't know who TROGDOR THE BURNiNATOR is. Trogdor is from the internet cartoon site Homestarrunner.com. Its suppose to be a dragon type thing. The arm is recolored. I got the arm from Machamp, and the fist from Machoke. The color of the fist arm is suppose to be human colored, while the rest of him is mostly green. The alighnments of the spikes I suppose aren't the best. Trogor only has a single beefy arm. The two black things I got from a Dodrio. I colored them in black. They are suppose to be his legs, but there really wasn't anything good to use as his legs. His original legs were just simple "V" shaped lines. Here is a picture of what he actually looks like:

trogdor.gif

Turquoise

Kanto Trainer
From the first post, Sandslah is JUST a recolour. (That's right, i spell recoloUr with a "u." I'm Canadian. *growl*)

Jappio

Lord of Lightning
Actually it isn't, there are shapes on his chest from Togekiss. Although I do agree splice wise it's not the best. Yet I still love it, it's so cute.

Chobits

Chi, Chi, Chi!!!
What's so different
between fusions and splices?

arcanine lover

Whee........ *thonk*
^
There isn't any difference. They're the same thing.

No, i dodn't know who this 'Trogdor' was, now i do. But he still looks odd for me...

Chobits; Fusions is two pokemon, splices is many more (check SaturnGrl thread for this).

fuzyfuz

Child safety much?
I love the Trogdor. Burninating the countryside... What gave you The idea to do that?

Jappio

Lord of Lightning
Oh, so I guess than I mostly do fusions, not splices. I forget what made me want to do this. Something probably made me think about Trogdor as I was making some others, and then I figured I could do it.

Edit:

I now have more. I find it sort of easy to chug these out. Its nice and simple and gives me something to do when nothing else seems appealing. Hope to hear all your comments and stuff. Some of these I don't quite like, but I won't hide them or anything.

SpliceSheet3.png

Last edited:

Jappio

Lord of Lightning
Well I made more slices. This time though I decided to try some new triple splices. I like the results, but I don't think they are my best. I suppose though I can call them my best triplets.

Splice_Sheet_4_by_Jappio01.png

Jappio

Lord of Lightning
Sorry for triple post, just no one commented and I want to show off my newest ones. Here is the fifth sheet. Upon request I was asked to make a Manbearpig. There are two because I really couldn't decide which I liked better, so I kept both. The others are just normal double splices. Nothing in particular to say. I like pretty much all of them here.

Splice_Sheet_5_by_Jappio01.png

Jappio

Lord of Lightning
Well as of right now I will be taking requests and suggestions. Now I'm new to the whole submitting art to the internet. Now from my understanding, a request is when you ask me to do something, I do it, and then I post it and you are allowed to use it as long as you give credit to me. A suggestion is when you give me an idea of something to do, and I post it, but you don't use it. Now if my assumption on these two things is right, than lets move on with things. If my assumptions are wrong, than please let me know.

Now if anyone is wanting to place a request or suggestion. You may PM me, or ask here. I will be asking for requests and suggestions from other people on other sites, so the speed of getting your specific splice might be slowed because of that. Also for requests all I ask is credit and what it is being used for.

That Garchomp/Miltank looks so wrong...