• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jellicent, Chandelure, or Golurk?

Best? Jellicent, Chandelure, or Golurk?

• Total voters
I like Chandelure's design and typing the best, but, Golurk's Heavy Slam is awesome considering it's the heaviest non-legendary in Unova.

I vote GOLURK!

I would just like to say, I made this poll after testing out all three. I kept Chandelure the longest, especially because it has the highest Sp. Atk of any non-legendary. I like Golurk because it PWNED Morimoto's Zebstrika while it was still level 46! I hate Jellicent!

I would like to say Chandelure is a close second for me.

Last edited:
I dispise Chandelure so.. hmm.. Jellicent or Golurk? I'm surprised well half suprised at Golurk learning Fly but it's a robot so it hovers. It also can learn moves I wish my other Pokemon had.

I like how there's gender differences when it comes to Jellicent. They are adorable and bulky and usefull.

Can't decide.... ahh I'll go with Jellicent because it's female form is too cutee. Sorry Golurk :[ but your cute too. XD

PlatinumAssassin

Dragon Master
I was about to ask what the similarity between the three were, but then I remembered that Golurk is Ghost. :p

But yeah, Chandelure is beast. Its Sp. Atk is insane, and its movepool is pretty epic too. Also, we have a Pokepolls section.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I voted for Chandelure.

True, but chandelure has some pretty good fire type moves. Inferno with the zoom lens can be killer.

Don't forget that it's even more dangerous with its DW ability.

Female Jellicent All The Way. But I like Chandelure too.
They are basically counterparts..

I hate Golurk though. Its design is really badd and so is its typing. Bleh.

Flydreigon

OM NOM NOM...
I vote chandelure because its amazing special attack and interesting type combo, and plus its shiny is better than the other two imo. Also its a type of decoration!!! Evil chandelier pokemon ftw.

I hate female Jellicent, it reminds me of Umbridge from Harry Potter who is probably my most hated character from those books. The male one looks like the pringle man which is awesome!

I picked Chandelure, it's one of my absolute favourites of all fifth gen, I love it!

I love ground types so I pick Golurk...

Blue Monarch

Lonely Heart
Shouldn't this be in the polls section? Anyways, I have to say, I've used all three and all three had their own merits, so I have a hard time voting for the best. However, I will tell you Chandelure with Shadow Tag is absolutely broken and has no place in the game.

The haunted chandelier concept is PERFECT and I absolutely love it! Jellicent makes up a significant defensive core in the metagame and has the concept of royal jellyfish! I'm a huge fan of royalty and monarchy in general, and I love Water and Ghost types, so I'm a HUGE fan of Jellicent, be it male or female. As for Golurk... I have no idea how that thing is a Ghost. At all. But he's quite the powerhouse and his strange typing is quite cool. I've used him to some success and countered some prominent fighters with it, and his Focus Punch / Shadow Punch combo does a ton of damage.

In the end, I can't say who is the absolute best. If you think this way though, I've EVd a Jellicent to survive a Chandelure's Shadow Ball and OHKO back with a Scald or Shadow Ball with Stealth Rocks on the field. I used both Chandelure and Jellicent in-game. Chandelure was nearly impossible to train as it got shredded by nearly anything I was fighting (as Litwick it was too slow, as Lampent it was still fragile and Flame Burst wasn't cutting it), but Jellicent was "okay", just fragile on the physical side.

Blue Monarch

Lonely Heart
What's it's dw ability?

I've mentioned it above; Shadow Tag. It's too broken and has no place in this game.

The Claw!

*points up*

The claw's our master!

The claw chooses who will go or who will stay!

Oh wait, wrong line. Anyways, that's what Chandelure does... she chooses who will go or who will stay. Basically, she controls the tempo of the match :/

EDIT: Ninja'd

Dattebayo

Banned
Stuck between Ghastly Luminere and Optimus Prime, but I pick Chandelure for being a beast (if only it was taught Focus Blast over the unreliable HP Fighting). I can see Gorlurk getting more love in the third version via tutor moves.