• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jellicent - Cursed Body or Water Absorb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Nope. It won't work when Jellicent's behind a sub.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Water absorb restores HP and is great to have if your teamate knows Surf while Cursed Body is completly Random... Edge! Water Absorb!

Indigoodra

Generally, I've seen Cursed Body more often, but they're both pretty much equally useful. :/ on paper...

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
water absorb is way better. besides, banette works way better with cursed body.

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
i tend to always use water absorb cuz feigning water absorb only goes so far, and sometimes u really do need to get health back from water absorb

I really like both. Except when I am against them.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I prefer Cursed Body because it allows the opponent to lose a move that would have posed a danger to the jellicent.

Most experienced battlers would also expect water absorb once they see jellicent on the team.

This was what I was thinking. A lot of people would expect a Water move on Jellicent, so they might be weary about using one with the thought of a Jellicent coming in and absorbing it. Then out of nowhere BAM! Cursed Body all up in this.

So yeah, Cursed Body.

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
Doubles you should go with Jellicent because you can pull of Drizzletoed+Surf and Recover some of your HP, freeing up another move slot from Recover. Also, it'd help with Jellicent's strongest move, Water Spout. With a Power of 150 with max health and STAB it's a deadly force.

Just keep in mind there are a some direct hits that are special moves (i.e. Grass Knot) and some physical moves aren't direct hits (i.e. EQ). So Cursed Body does have some use outside of absorbing physical attacks. But, although 30% is pretty good, it's still unreliable.

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
Nah, Banette doesn't have the great typing and defenses that let Jellicent pull off such a strategy effectively.
What's so superior about its typing? I has four more resistances but two more weaknesses.

Lord of Fire

The Great Conqueror
Nobody's going to use a water type move on Jellicent, unless it's your partner, but water absorb is a good ability, so in my opinion, use the ability best for your team

I'd have to say Water Absorb. This really makes the battle hard and challanging for the opponent if they have a Water-Typing Pokemon. Water Absorb also heals your Pokemon if it gets hit with a Water-Typre move.

Cursed Body is just bleh. It seals off your opponents move, then lets you do whatev. That's just...boring. I mean, cummon! I want a challange, not an easy battle. Get it? Water Absorb all da wayyy.

Status
Not open for further replies.