• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jeopardy!

Twentington

Outta here!
I'm putting Sale of the Century on hiatus for now. With that said, here's a different 3-player game.

RULES:

3 contestants face a board of 30 dollar values among 6 categories. Each category has 5 clues ranging from $200 to $1000, in $200 increments. The champion (or first player) selects a clue on the board. Once the clue is revealed, any of the contestants may ring in (on the forum) to answer; your response MUST BE IN THE FORM OF A QUESTION (such as Who is Abraham Lincoln). Get it right, you get the money and get to choose the next clue, get it wrong, you lose the money. If nobody rings in within about 24 hours, the person who got the last clue selects again. Rinse and repeat 'til the end of the round, except for...

THE DAILY DOUBLE

(cue SFX)

The contestant who finds the one clue with the Daily Double can wager any or all of their money (but at least $5). If they have less than the top value in the round, they can wager up to that much. Correct answers add the wagered money, incorrect answers take away the wagered money. Whether or not the response is right, they then select again.

DOUBLE JEOPARDY:

Pretty much the same thing, except the dollars are doubled ($400-$2000) and there's TWO Daily Doubles on the board. At the end of the round, players with at least a dollar to their score advance to...

FINAL JEOPARDY:

One more category is revealed, and the contestants write down wagers between $0 and their current score (which they'll send to me by PM). Once the wagers are in, the final clue is revealed, and the contestants then have 48 hours to PM their response (still phrased in the form of a question). After that, we reveal the responses and the wagers; as in a Daily Double, contestants who provide correct questions are awarded the amount they wagered; contestants who provide incorrect questions (or fail to phrase the response in the form of a question) have their wager subtracted. The player with the most money wins and plays the next game, while second and third place get $2,000 and $1,000 respectively. If we end up with a tie, the tied players win their earnings and return the next game.

Disclaimer: Most clues will come from the Jeopardy Archive.

And another reminder: PLEASE DO NOT CHEAT. If I discover you are cheating, you will be banned from all current and future games I host, unless you can prove you can play the game without cheating.

Well, I think I've covered the basics; I need three players to get started.

Last edited:

Bananarama

The light is coming
I'd like to play.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Can I play next time? I don't normally go for this kind of thing, but I'm partial to jeopardy. (*Cough cough*Doesn't mean I'll no anything, like how to spell "know", for example*cough cough*)

Twentington

Outta here!
Alright guys, here we go!

----------------

[AUDIENCE CHATTER]

images.jpg

Johnny Gilbert: THIS... IS... JEOPARDY!

[CUE THEME]

Now entering the studio are today's contestants. A frequent game show contestant, Ansem the wise. Another frequent game show contestant, Destroyer39. And our designated champion, a student residing in America, originally from Egypt, Dragontail.

And now, here is the host of Jeopardy!, Doctor Who!

(applause)

Thank you, Johnny, thank you everybody. (theme fades out) This is the game of trivia you know and love, where we give you the answers, and you have to come up with the questions. We've got three bright and enthusiastic players today, I'm hoping they're ready. Contestants, pick up your signaling buttons, and we'll get to work in the Jeopardy! round.

(the dollar values pop up on the board)

And there's one Daily Double hidden among these categories...

ANAGRAMMED AUSTRALIAN CITIES

STUPID ANSWERS

"J.P"

Keep the quotation marks in mind.

MEDICAL TALK

WORDS WITH FRIENDS

And finally...

MINDBLOWERS

Alright, Dragontail, you're at the champion's podium, so go ahead and make the first selection.

(I'll provide a board update after each clue, but you know the values, so no need to provide one in this post)

Last edited:

Twentington

Outta here!
Right. Select again.

ANAGRAMMED AUSTRALIAN CITIES: $400 $600 $800 $1,000
STUPID ANSWERS: $200 $400 $600 $800 $1,000
"J.P": $200 $400 $600 $800 $1,000
MEDICAL TALK: $200 $400 $600 $800 $1,000
WORDS WITH FRIENDS: $200 $400 $600 $800 $1,000
MINDBLOWERS: $200 $400 $600 $800 $1,000

Dragontail: $200
Destroyer: $0
Ansem: $0

Twentington

Outta here!
Correct. Board's yours, Destroyer.

ANAGRAMMED AUSTRALIAN CITIES: $400 $600 $800
MINDBLOWERS: $200 $400 $600 $800 $1,000

Dragontail: $200
Destroyer: $1,000

Twentington

Outta here!
IN 2002 THE HORMEL CORPORATION PRODUCED ITS 6 BILLIONTH CAN OF THIS FOODSTUFF

(not 10char, but it won't let me put the above in uppercase if I don't put this)

Twentington

Outta here!
Correct. Back to you, Dragontail.

(I had a feeling this would happen at least once.)

ANAGRAMMED AUSTRALIAN CITIES: $400 $600 $800
MINDBLOWERS: $200 $400 $600 $800

Dragontail: $1,200
Destroyer: $1,000