• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jerks in Pokemon

Who is the biggest jerk in Pokemon

• Gary

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Damian

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Koji

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harley

• Paul

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Trip

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KJC

Who is the biggest jerk in Pokemon (not counting anyone from the evil teams)?

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Jigglypuff.

>Uses Sing
>Gets mad because you fall asleep

-chazz-

Pokemon master
That guy from johto who was in the fishing comp with Misty

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Jigglypuff.

>Uses Sing
>Gets mad because you fall asleep

You know what, I second this. Yes, poor Jigglypuff just wanted to sing to people, but you know, considering Pokémon who can use Sing can sing without making other Pokémon fall asleep, Jigglypuff either doesn't know how to control its singing, is unaware its singing causes people to fall asleep, or just doesn't care. After all, it was Ash and friends who helped it get better so it can sing, so why can't it express its gratitude with something else? Or at the very least have just stopped becoming a gag that ran itself thin that would even carry on into the Pikachu shorts? (Seriously, that Marill and Minccino were purposefully Singing Meowth and the others to sleep just to beat them up for quick throw-away jokes.)

And then there's that Snubbull that followed Meowth (and worried her owner so much she basically hunted her down for miles) just to grab onto his tail. For what reason, exactly? I don't remember if that was ever explained why she liked to bite his tail, but that goal for a while was to hunt down Meowth and bite his tail.

As for human jerks, it's Damian for being an abusive Pokémon trainer, seasons before Paul came into the picture.

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Damien literally left Charmander out to die. Other than maybe the criminal team leaders I don't think it gets much worse than that.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The Invincible Pokemon Brothers. They've no problem instigating a fight, blatantly violate rules, take advantage of others' concerns for their Pokemon, and are willing to go so far as attack helpless Pokemon, and even the trainers who step in to defend those Pokemon. That triple Poison Sting barrage against Gyarados and Misty (smirking and complaining all the while) was one of the most malicious acts I've seen from this series.

I really wished those three got one more episode in the main series, just so Ash can rightfully put them in their place.

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
Trip is just boring. I would give him the most boring character title, or he would at least be in the top five. Though there were times he put down Ash saying that he lives in the boonies and saying stuff like he wasn't really a threat, but that's his opinion really.

Gary only really seemed like a jerk to Ash. He picked on him here and there and was a prick. But now we've seen that he's got some character development, so he's not so bad now from what we've seen from him in Johto & Sinnoh.

Koji just really wanted that Cindaquil. Even though he's kinda a sore loser, I don't think we really know him to say he's the biggest jerk.

Paul just cared about being stronger, & Ash & co. just bothered him for his training style. While he was cruel to Chimchar, it was what he wanted (till he dumped it on Ash cause it lost). Even when he released his pokemon for losing, at least they are free to do what they want now. He might've changed once Ash beat him, but we haven't seen him to know.

Harley harassed a girl because of a cookie he doesn't even know stole it, and can't ever get over that fact no matter how nice she is to him. He's also very self-centered.

Damian like everyone else said, didn't even give a **** that he almost killed his Charmander, then once he saw that Charmander was worth while, he tried to take it back from Ash.

Conclusion for biggest jerk (for poll): Damian > Harley > Paul > Koji > Gary = Trip

Burgundy was another I was thinking of. Don't think she beats Damian, but seriously 90% of the time she's shown she's YELLING cause she's always pissed off at Cilan, even when he didn't do or say anything mean to her. She also tried to get Ash to get rid of his pokemon, because she personally didn't like them (she wasn't really being that nice to them, saying mean things about them and all, so to no surprise they attack her), or it could've because of Cilan really (since she saw Ash with him). She also forced Ash into a room to do her evaluation.

Last edited:

chalkus

I think Damian is the worst. Charmander almost died because of him.

Honorable mentions go to the magikarp salesman, Max and Misty.

KJC

Damien literally left Charmander out to die. Other than maybe the criminal team leaders I don't think it gets much worse than that.

Damian was callously indifferent to Pokemon, but he didn't deliberately try to kill Charmander--he just abandoned it and didn't care what happened to it. He wasn't shown being a jerk to humans, in fact he seemed to have a lot of friends.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Damian was callously indifferent to Pokemon, but he didn't deliberately try to kill Charmander--he just abandoned it and didn't care what happened to it. He wasn't shown being a jerk to humans, in fact he seemed to have a lot of friends.

Perhaps jerk friends too.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

He got very defensive toward Brock when he was approached about it, though.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Usually the rivals who act like jerks tend to be the more popular rivals in the series, hence Gary, Paul and Harley's popularity, as well as to a lesser extent Drew.

Same goes for the female rivals who act mean, like Ursula or Georgia.

It's really all the "nice" rivals that tend to be forgotten or glossed over

majormanafemale

Damien he nearly killed charmander. Followed by Harley we all saw how he was to May.Gary and Paul I never saw as jerks. They just had different veiws on pokémon life then Ash. Garry eventually becoming friend. Paul had decency to tell his pokémon the truth and let him go near people. Damien even joked and jested wbout leaving poor charmander on rock commanding him to stay when was pouring down rain. I really can't sayfor others on list. I know weird for someone to defend Paul and Gary but I always will.

minerswhocraft

Misty Come Back!
So funny that Damien from like, episode 11 or something, is getting all the hate, haha. But yeah, he sure was a jerk!

But I would agree that the invincible brothers are the biggest jerks. They gang up on Misty and actually continue to attack her with poisonous attacks when she gets in the way to defend a trapped Pokemon. You don't get much lower than that. Those guys were the worst!

I felt that Gary was the biggest jerk in the series what with all his lo Ashy boy iz a loozer mentality.*(I haven't seen every episode in the series so there might be someone or a few someones I haven't seen yet)
Followed by Damien for leaving his Charmander out in the rain.
With Trip bringing up the rear and how condescending he was to Ash whenever they met up and battled.*

*- not that I hated these two because of this.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Paul and Harley. Paul was pretty much the big anti-hero rival of the series and Harley was almost as bad as a villain.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I think Damian is the worst. Charmander almost died because of him.

Honorable mentions go to the magikarp salesman, Max and Misty.
What? How were Max and Misty "jerks" please define jerk.

Usually the rivals who act like jerks tend to be the more popular rivals in the series, hence Gary, Paul and Harley's popularity, as well as to a lesser extent Drew.

Same goes for the female rivals who act mean, like Ursula or Georgia.

It's really all the "nice" rivals that tend to be forgotten or glossed over

Now that is what I agreed with.

However, biggest jerk has got to be Paul and Damien. Except, I love Paul.

chalkus

What? How were Max and Misty "jerks" please define jerk.

Max was a pretentious, know it all blowhard who constantly acted like he knew more about Pokemon than Ash even though he had no hands on experience with anything he pretended to know about.

Misty often put her hands on Ash and Brock, yelled at them, chastised them, was overly critical of Ash, forced them to give her their Pokemon at her leisure and was by far the least understanding of all the female leads. So yeah, she was a jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.