• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jirachi & Deoxys

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
Jirachi and Deoxys were the two new Mythical Pokemon of the Gen 3 games and could only be gotten by events. Jirachi was exclusive to the Colosseum bonus disk in the USA and Deoxys had the Aurora Ticket and Space Center events in the USA.

Were you lucky enough to attend those events or other international events to get these rare Pokemon in your Gen 3 games?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I got Jirachi from the bonus disc, although I was never able to get Deoxys in my Gen III games since I missed out on the event distributions. I thought that Deoxys was one of the trickier Mythicals to get back then since not many people were able to get the Aurora Ticket, and even less were able to attend the Houston Space Center event.

TwilightBlade

I got Jirachi from Pokemon Channel which was super easy but I never got Deoxys until Generation 4. I don't think they had any Deoxys events in my area for RSE or FRLG so I was out of luck.

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
I got Jirachi from Pokemon Channel which was super easy but I never got Deoxys until Generation 4. I don't think they had any Deoxys events in my area for RSE or FRLG so I was out of luck.

I had heard that Jirachi was distributed via Pokemon Channel in the European and Australian games, and I actually wanted to get one somehow since I like collecting rare event Pokemon, but then I realized that there isn't much of a difference between the Wishmaker Jirachi from the American bonus disc, and the Channel Jirachi from the PAL version.

I also received a Jirachi from the PAL version of Pokémon Channel. Never managed to get my hands on a Deoxys though.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
I also received a Jirachi from the PAL version of Pokémon Channel. Never managed to get my hands on a Deoxys though.

Did you miss out on Deoxys because there were no Deoxys events near you? I don't know much about what Deoxys events were available in Europe or Australia if any were available there to begin with.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedBlastoise said:
Did you miss out on Deoxys because there were no Deoxys events near you? I don't know much about what Deoxys events were available in Europe or Australia if any were available there to begin with.

As far as I know, Australia didn't get the Aurora Ticket event, although several European countries did. Only one European country had an event that distributed Deoxys directly into the GBA cartridges though, and that was the Netherlands.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KyogreThunder said:
Sadly, I never got to obtain these two Mythicals in Generation III games. I liked the fact you could catch Deoxys in OR/AS, and I'd like to see this trend to continue.

That was probably my favorite addition to the R/S remakes since being able to capture a Mythical was a change from the norm. And while on the subject of Deoxys, I'm embarrassed to admit that I once believed the rumors about the rocket in R/S/E taking you to space to capture Deoxys. I feel silly for actually buying those rumors now of course.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
That was probably my favorite addition to the R/S remakes since being able to capture a Mythical was a change from the norm. And while on the subject of Deoxys, I'm embarrassed to admit that I once believed the rumors about the rocket in R/S/E taking you to space to capture Deoxys. I feel silly for actually buying those rumors now of course.

So then Australian players were doomed to having no access to Deoxys then? Thank goodness that people can trade for mythical Pokemon nowadays so they never have to miss out on them.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedBlastoise said:
So then Australian players were doomed to having no access to Deoxys then?

As far as I know. But even though Deoxys wasn't available in Oceania, I still think that Celebi was by far the most difficult Mythical to acquire in Gen III because it was only distributed in Japan, Taiwan, and the United States. But one good thing about Deoxys was that the one that could be found on Birth Island via the Aurora Ticket could be Shiny.

Yes that is exactly right. Back in the day it was difficult to get any of the distributed Pokémon if you lived out in the sticks. So glad for the internet enabled games we have nowadays!

jaden767

Amphetamine
Jirachi was easy to get because a lot of people got the bonus disc that transferred Jirachi to Ruby and Sapphire. But Deoxys was a tough one because it had limited events and all of them required you to attend a special event in real life in a big city. :( I only got Jirachi.

Leonhart

Imagineer
jaden767 said:
Jirachi was easy to get because a lot of people got the bonus disc that transferred Jirachi to Ruby and Sapphire. But Deoxys was a tough one because it had limited events and all of them required you to attend a special event in real life in a big city. :( I only got Jirachi.

I agree that it's a shame how the Deoxys event required players to visit specific places just to download Deoxys or the Aurora Ticket. The only bright side to the Deoxys events is that at least the Aurora Ticket distribution allowed players to capture Deoxys themselves, so they could soft reset for good IVs or to possibly encounter a Shiny one at Birth Island. Jirachi could also be Shiny from what I heard, but it's extremely hard to get a Shiny one from the bonus disc.

Sakuyamon

I had no luck getting Jirachi until a couple of years ago but that was via cheating. I never had friends who owned the special disc from Colosseum so I was never able to transfer a Jirachi to my generation 3 games when I was younger.

As for Deoxys I got one from a trade. It's a Birth Island Deoxys that my friend was lucky enough to catch.

Venomshock

Never got Jirachi in Gen 3 and it still haunts me to this day because I had friends who had the bonus disc but for some reason I was too shy to ask them if they could spare a Jirachi.

I got Deoxys from a friend who cloned one in Emerald though.