• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jirachi North American Event coming soon!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Jirachi got an commercial because it promotes the pokewalker

Really now? That makes some sense, but why promote something you're giving out for free? I mean, if it was sold seperately, I'd promote it to boost sales of the product but it already comes with the games.

Syther

Y not?
because the only way to get the freebiee is to buy the game it's packaged with.

pokemaster394

JESUS FREAK
That in itself says its not really free. Its like when they put the wireless adapter in the packages containing the pokemon firered and leafgreen games. You can't get the free stuff without buying something else first. And I still have my wireless adapter btw. Sadly, my firered version got lost. *sob*

Last edited:

Lorde

That in itself says its not really free. Its like when they put the wireless adapter in the packages containing the pokemon firered and leafgreen games. You can't get the free stuff without buying something else first. And I still have my wireless adapter btw. Sadly, my firered version got lost. *sob*

If I remember correctly, they promoted those devices just like they're promoting the Walker. I really think the Jirachi event had a commercial because Gamestop is better at promoting events/games than other stores, and not just because they wanted to promote the PokeWalker.

Ivysaurus

ONYXceptable
It kinda sucks though that it's coming to an end in a few days. "Still haven't gotten mine."

pokemaster394

JESUS FREAK
Halloweenghost is right. It could end up on wifi.

Lorde

I just saw the commercial for the jirachi, but did'nt the event end yesterday

Well since HG/SS were released yesterday, I think a few stores may have extended the Jirachi event. If not, then maybe the commercial only ran to promote HG/SS since it says that the Jirachi can be transferred to the new games. Or it could've just been a mistake.

Tag3r

i wantz beef!
I sure hope it goes on wi-fi. i never got mine.us *sniffle*

Super Saiyan 3 Goku

I really, really want this to go on Wi-Fi.

Sure, I already have a Jirachi that I nabbed off of the GTS, but I want to get as many Pokemon as I can to bring over to HG/SS to do those in-game events.

Is Jirachi that last Pokemon that activates some sort of event in HG/SS?

Lorde

Is Jirachi that last Pokemon that activates some sort of event in HG/SS?

Other Jirachi won't activate the event, but the Gamestop Jirachi activates an event in HG/SS. It unlocks the Night Sky's Edge PokeWalker course which is an event of sorts :p

Last edited:

Tag3r

i wantz beef!
wait what shaymin?

Cerex

I have my doubts about them possibly releasing this Jirachi over Wi-Fi. The Pichu event was critical to a sidequest within the game, thus just in terms of encouraging people to buy HGSS it makes sense that they get it out to as many people as possible. Jirachi simply unlocks a course with the Pokewalker.

If anything I think the next Wi-Fi ones will be Mew and Celebii, because Western players might flip Nintendo the bird...I mean Pigey...if it becomes impossible to legally get one, again.

In any event I have my Jirachi and just waiting for HG to come in the mail.

Lorde

I have my doubts about them possibly releasing this Jirachi over Wi-Fi. The Pichu event was critical to a sidequest within the game, thus just in terms of encouraging people to buy HGSS it makes sense that they get it out to as many people as possible. Jirachi simply unlocks a course with the Pokewalker.

If anything I think the next Wi-Fi ones will be Mew and Celebii, because Western players might flip Nintendo the bird...I mean Pigey...if it becomes impossible to legally get one, again.

In any event I have my Jirachi and just waiting for HG to come in the mail.

The PokeWalker is just as important as the main game you know, epesically in the US were childhood obesity has reached an all time high, the Walker provides a fun way to exercise. There's no reason not to release the Jirachi in other countries or via Wi-Fi. As for the other events, I don't expect many Wi-Fi stuff to be honest, unless the event was given via Wi-Fi in Japan, I don't think we'll get special treatment. I think the PCP was given via Wi-Fi in Europe so that people would have it before HG/SS, otherwise organizing more events would have been a hassle.

Warshadow

I'm Not Trading
but what does this pokewalker thing do? does it lead to the new zoroark pokemon? cuz i got jirachi at the evnt and i want to know if his pokewalker power is useful

This was on the Youtube video they put up earlier on the page, I just lol'ed after that. xD lol

pokemaster394

JESUS FREAK
Traded Jirachi to SS, and unlocked a new route in my pokewalker, which I put my vulpix in.