• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jirachi North American Event coming soon!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Will the japanese (nz) jirachi unlock the event on the english HG/SS games as well?

Well nobody has tried (since the English HG/SS isn't out), but I'm assuming it can since both have fateful encounter.

Ammako

Nonsense, all I did was sign an agreement saying that I'd buy it from that store in exchange for early access to the event, and deny all knowledge of such a deal ever taking place if asked by the police, so this is clearly a perfectly legitimate oh my god, I took a bribe, didn't I?

But really, it's just good business. If employees show their customers respect and good service, the customers will be more inclined to buy from that store in the future. Now, the money that I took to throw a Pokemon battle with another customer, THAT was a bribe.

You seriously think the police would have came after you for changing the date on a DS to get an event Pokémon early?

Lorde

Nonsense, all I did was sign an agreement saying that I'd buy it from that store in exchange for early access to the event, and deny all knowledge of such a deal ever taking place if asked by the police, so this is clearly a perfectly legitimate oh my god, I took a bribe, didn't I?

But really, it's just good business. If employees show their customers respect and good service, the customers will be more inclined to buy from that store in the future. Now, the money that I took to throw a Pokemon battle with another customer, THAT was a bribe.

I'm only joking of course. I know many people who got it early, it's really no big deal :)

Actually, I might just reserve the games there while I'm getting Jirachi. It would seem like an appropriate time anyway since I plan on getting multiple Jirachi if possible. Though I think the games cost $39.99 there are opposed to $34.99 like I've seen elsewhere. Quite a dilemma.

Last edited:

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
it depends.. i went inside for my PC pichu and it did not pick up the signal till i was at the door.

but just go on in..there' nothing to be ashamed of

It's not that I'm ashamed. I just want to get it done quickly. Anyone know how a wifi event works. I'm just curious. I might try going to a public library but I wouldn't know how to access the wifi.

Anyway I will definitely get Jirachi when it gets to Gamestop. I'll get one for Platinum, Pearl, and Diamond. (Maybe a second on Diamond if I get the national dex in time after I trade everything over)

ThousandMaster

Magic School Dropout
@Pingouin: No, I do not think that, I was joking. I thought that it would be pretty obvious given. Why would they make me sign an agreement just to get an event Pokemon early?

@Kira: I know, I'm just joking around as well.

Lorde

It's not that I'm ashamed. I just want to get it done quickly. Anyone know how a wifi event works. I'm just curious. I might try going to a public library but I wouldn't know how to access the wifi.

Anyway I will definitely get Jirachi when it gets to Gamestop. I'll get one for Platinum, Pearl, and Diamond. (Maybe a second on Diamond if I get the national dex in time after I trade everything over)

A Wi-Fi event or a Wireless event? A Wi-Fi event is essentially easier since you can obtain the Pokemon at home rather than having to go to a store in public.

You just turn on the game, go to Mystery Gift and select Receive Gift via Wi-Fi. Then the game searches for a gift and it'll download automatically if it finds one. You then get the Wonder Card and you pick up the gift at the Mart. That's it in a nutshell :)

It's too bad about Jirachi not being a Wi-Fi event Pokemon. I liked the Japanese one, I got it on my Diamond then.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
Thank you. That helps. I might try that the next wifi event for America.

Lorde

Thank you. That helps. I might try that the next wifi event for America.

Well I found a very nice, easy guide on how to obtain a gift via Wireless distribution and Wi-Fi distribution on the main site for anyone who's confused about how to obtain a Wonder Card. It's located here.

I wouldn't expect a Wi-Fi event for a long time (the next one might be the Yellow Forest course). I don't expect Jirachi to also become a Wi-Fi sadly :(

Camcam

What about the Enigma Stone? Will that be a Wi-Fi event or will we be able to get that at a Gamestop?

Tf5174

Probally WIFI but time will tell.

Lorde

What about the Enigma Stone? Will that be a Wi-Fi event or will we be able to get that at a Gamestop?

Seeing as the Wi-Fi Mew came before the that event, I think it's safe to assume that event is a long way off. Item events are generally distributed via Wi-Fi.

Speaking of Mew, I have a feeling it won't be Wi-Fi after seeing this whole Jirachi-fiasco, but only time will tell right? Reminder: The Jirachi event official starts this Saturday in the US! I know some of us got it early but for the rest, it's going on from Feb 27 through Mar 13 (it ends a day before HG/SS is released).

Last edited:

Lorde

and I did not say it was hence the "try and see" part..

Well you asked if anyone was going to check to see if it was Wi-Fi, which I'm saying won't be nesessary since if it was available on Wi-Fi starting on Saturday, they would've made some sort of announcement. They wouldn't suddenly say "It's going to be given out via Wi-Fi too!" :/

halloweenghost

Well you asked if anyone was going to check to see if it was Wi-Fi, which I'm saying won't be nesessary since if it was available on Wi-Fi starting on Saturday, they would've made some sort of announcement. They wouldn't suddenly say "It's going to be given out via Wi-Fi too!" :/

yeah i missed the part where you said "After".. dunno why it did not register until after I put that so I'm sorry. I didn't see the after part so i thouht you were tryin to bust my chops for posting what i did,.. then afterwards i noticed i missed it and it made me look like a jerk..I'm sorry :(

Last edited:
?

I'm saying won't be nesessary since if it was available on Wi-Fi starting on Saturday, they would've made some sort of announcement. They wouldn't suddenly say "It's going to be given out via Wi-Fi too!" :/
I'm sure that it won't be WiFi because what would be the point of going to Gamestop if the event is WiFi
BTW I was asked by Gamestop.The people who work there
They told me to change the date on my DS But I said no :D (b/c it isn't Legit)