• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jirachi North American Event coming soon!

Tf5174

Probally after the gamestop event, since they are promised to have one to promote the games.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ok, people, my thread got closed, so I'm gonna post this here. I noticed that on the Jirachi wallpaper, it said that the distribution of the Jirachi may be made available over Wi-Fi. So what do you think? Are we actually gonna get it over Wi-Fi or not? Look:

Thanks for bringing that up, but we've already been discussing this since yesterday I believe. It's nothing new, most likely there will be a Wi-Fi distribution but only after the Gamestop event has ended. We highly doubt there will be one during the Gamestop event, seeing as there hasn't been an official announcement yet :)

On a lighter note, Saturday is just a few days away. I might have to take the bus to get to our Gamestop. A friend wants me to go with them to get it and then possibly reserve HG.

Last edited:

hornsfan1

Blaziken Breeder
Just count it a blessing that it isn't like the original days where you actually had to HOOK UP the gameboy to the download station to recieve the event lol.

halloweenghost

Ok, people, my thread got closed, so I'm gonna post this here. I noticed that on the Jirachi wallpaper, it said that the distribution of the Jirachi may be made available over Wi-Fi. So what do you think? Are we actually gonna get it over Wi-Fi or not? Look:

vgjirachispecialnew.jpg

sorry guy should have scrolled back..I posted this info yesterday. But I agree with the others.. it will probably mean that it will be after the gamestop event since there has been no wifi announcement.... yet anyways.

Lorde

the pcp poster says the same thing in the fine print, it'd be nice if they offered both over wifi

Seeing as the Pichu was never a Wi-Fi event anywhere else in the world, I doubt it'll be given via Wi-Fi in the US. At least Jirachi has a good chance since it was given via McDonalds and Wi-Fi in Japan.

Mykonos

I hope I'll be able to get two on one card if it's distributed over Wi-Fi. One from Gamestop and one over Wi-Fi.

I knew I should've gotten another 4th gen game all that time ago. But my money's going for HG/SS now.

halloweenghost

I hope I'll be able to get two on one card if it's distributed over Wi-Fi. One from Gamestop and one over Wi-Fi.

I knew I should've gotten another 4th gen game all that time ago. But my money's going for HG/SS now.

if they do release it over wifi later down the road.. I doubt you'd be able to get it if you already got itfrom the store.

BlessingOfTogepi

Thanks for bringing that up, but we've already been discussing this since yesterday I believe. It's nothing new, most likely there will be a Wi-Fi distribution but only after the Gamestop event has ended. We highly doubt there will be one during the Gamestop event, seeing as there hasn't been an official announcement yet :)

On a lighter note, Saturday is just a few days away. I might have to take the bus to get to our Gamestop. A friend wants me to go with them to get it and then possibly reserve HG.

sorry guy should have scrolled back..I posted this info yesterday. But I agree with the others.. it will probably mean that it will be after the gamestop event since there has been no wifi announcement.... yet anyways.

Ok, thanks for telling me that. I didn't really scroll back to other pages because I posted in a hurry.

if they do release it over wifi later down the road.. I doubt you'd be able to get it if you already got itfrom the store.

Yeah, I think so too. I just hope the Wi-Fi event will indeed happen.

elite ralf

I really hope they'd distribute ;385; at wi-fi.. I won't make it to the Gamestop event for an unacceptable personal reason.. T.T

Warshadow

I'm Not Trading
I really hope they'd distribute ;385; at wi-fi.. I won't make it to the Gamestop event for an unacceptable personal reason.. T.T

No one to take you?

I'll try to go to gamestop today and get the jirachi by changing the date, I hope it works, if not I will blame the guy who started saying that it will work.

Tf5174

No one to take you?

I'll try to go to gamestop today and get the jirachi by changing the date, I hope it works, if not I will blame the guy who started saying that it will work.

That won't work since somebody working behind the counter has to turn it on.

reekjoa

G4Gnious

jirachi....and wats next????
it should be serebii...

Camcam

I would love for celebii to be given out. We know it should be distributed eventually because a celebi is needed to unlock that event where you travel back in time and fight Giovanni.

Lorde

That won't work since somebody working behind the counter has to turn it on.

True, and I doubt somebody would go out of there way just to please a fan. I believe they keep it under lock-and-key when they're not distributing the event.

BlessingOfTogepi

I would love for celebii to be given out. We know it should be distributed eventually because a celebi is needed to unlock that event where you travel back in time and fight Giovanni.

Well, I can easily tell you that, IF this Celebi event is actually gonna happen, it will not be distributed out of Japan this year. Why not? Because Japan must get that event first and it'll be out when the movie comes out. So, unless if it will be like for the Arceus movie, that the 13th movie will be in America also this year, no, we won't be seeing it for some time.

Last edited:

Lorde

Well, I can easily tell you that, IF this Celebi event is actually gonna happen, it will not be distributed out of Japan this year? Why not? Because Japan must get that event first and it'll be out when the movie comes out. So, unless if it will be like for the Arceus movie, that the 13th movie will be in America also this year, no, we won't be seeing it for some time.

I think there's a good chance of another Movie 12 scenario :S

Anyway, some of you think that by just changing the date on your DS, that you can get a Jirachi at anytime. That's not entirely true. The person behind the counter (the employee) has to make modifications too. The event is just two days away, I'm sure everyone can wait right? :)

ThousandMaster

Magic School Dropout
Also, for all those talking about changing the date, that's not even necessary; the DS doesn't say "Oh, I'm allowed to download the Jirachi today," it just has to be sent out via GameStop's wireless. The employees set that up, not the DS. At least, that's how it was for me.

Lorde

Also, for all those talking about changing the date, that's not even necessary; the DS doesn't say "Oh, I'm allowed to download the Jirachi today," it just has to be sent out via GameStop's wireless. The employees set that up, not the DS. At least, that's how it was for me.

People want the Jirachi to have the correct date, as in Feb 27-Mar 13 though. A lot of them want it to look perfect.

They want to avoid any unnecessary confusion/problems and I can relate. Nobody wanted my TRU Shaymin that had the wrong date.

Last edited: