• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jirachi Time!

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Hey Guys,

Made a new team based on Jirachi and I wanted your thoughts on it!

Changes in BOLD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jirachi

-Wish
-Calm Mind
-Thunder
-Water Pulse
Item Attached: Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace

EV’s and Nature:
EV’s: 248 HP, 248 Def, 12 Spe (He has 31 IV's in Def!)
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

Jirachi will have struggle against some offensive Pokemon such as Landorus-T, but that is nothing for the ability to support and sweep. Wish, of course, is the move that makes this all possible, allowing Jirachi to heal itself and support its teammates. Water Pulse allows parafusion and gives Jirachi the opportunity to beat Tyranitar’s. 20 Speed EV's mean it can out-speed common Magnezone's, and 240 EV's in Defence, and a Bold Nature and a Defensive Characteristic, means this is one brilliant physical wall and all round supporter.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tentacruel
- Rapid Spin
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald
Item Attached: Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish

EV’s and Nature:
EV’s: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

Tentacruel helps with my Entry Hazard weakness with Rapid Spin, and means my opponent has wasted many turns setting them up. Scald is STAB and has 30% chance of inflicting Burn, great for my Sweepers to help finish off Walls. Stall with Toxic and Protect, this will really hurt Walls and will render them useless. Rain Dish gives Health in Rain and Black Sludge gives Health too, making it quite bulky, also Black Sludge helps against Trickers.

Toxicroak
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Punch
Item Attached: Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin

EV’s and Nature:
EV’s: 252 Atk, 4 Sp.D, 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp.A)

A nice, standard Toxicroak Set. A few Sword Dances make him a beast with an epic Attack stat, and with all the Punches he can hit a lot of Types and Pokemon HARD like the all to common T-Tar and Gliscor. Dry Skin and life Orb for more power and Dry Skin heals all Life Orb damage and 2% more.

Rotom - W
- Rest
- Will - O - Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
Item Attached: Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate

EV’s and Nature:
EV’s: 232 HP, 56 Sp.A, 220 Spe
Modest Nature (+Sp.A, -Att)

A lot of OU Ground Types like Mamoswine and Landorus can hit my Team hard, especially Mamoswine as Latias struggles against it, so we needed to counter the problem. Levitate gives the Ground Immunity and Will - O - Wisp can annoy Physical Hitters. Hydro Pump is Stab and Rest + Chesto Berry is a free heal. Overall, a strong yet bulky Wall.

Politoed
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song
- Hydro Pump

Item:Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle

EV's and Nature:
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spe / 252 Sp.A
Timid Nature
(+Spe, -Atk)

Sets up the all important Rain, an absolute must for my team. That is his job really, but he can also force a sweeper to Switch with Perish Song and has a good STAB move in Surf. Ice Beam is for coverage and helps to deal with the likes of Skarmory.

Latias
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Roost
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Levitate

EV's and Nature:
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp.A / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)

This is a very good set to use on Latias. Surf is boosted by the rain, making it a great force to be reckoned woth, Roost recovers the Life Orb damage taken, and Draco Meteor and Psyshock are great STAB moves, helping my team a lot.

Please feel free to edit my team (BAR JIRACHI'S NATURE)! ;)

DO NOT CLICK THE IMAGE, COMPLETELY POINTLESS! I WAS MESSING AROUND WITH SOME TOOLS!

Attachments

• #186 Politoed.jpg
    #186 Politoed.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Does anyone have any ideas to improve my team? I really want to make a good competitive team to use, and I really want people's views and ideas! So please, even the smallest contribution will be much appreciated! ;)

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
I don't rate teams too much anymore, but this team caught my eye. I have a few changes to your team that I would like to suggest:
  • Use Thunder over T-Bolt on Rachi. T-Bolt has (with serene grace) a 20% chanche of paralysis, while Thunder has 60%. The accuracy drop is well worth the power and the para chance.

• You may wish to consider swapping out your Azelf for a specs Politoed, as you are somewhat lacking raw power in your team, and also rain benefit's all your team massively, bar Hydreigon. I suggest this set:
    186.gif

Politoed (M) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

Completely Smogon standard, I know, but I think it would fill a large gap in your team. However, if you do not want to give up the dual screener, or do not like rain too much, I would give Espeon a go. Here is a set that has worked extremely well for me on teams similar to yours:
    196.gif

Espeon (F) @ Light Clay
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Wish
    - Psyshock
    This works very well as both a dual screener and a backup wish passer if Rachi goes down. It is surprisingly bulky, and can do a fair bit of damage to the oh-so common Terrakion and Keldeo, and counters Breloom completely.
  • I mentioned rain helping every member of your team, bar Hydreigon. Hydreigon isn't exactly the best at doing what you've got it doing, and I think that Scarf Latios would fill this role perefectly:
    381.gif

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock
    - Surf
    - Trick
    This would be a very good set to use. Surf is boosted by the rain, Trick messes up walls, and DM and PShock are STAB

So yeah, I hope you like these changes, and I wish you luck with this team.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Thank You so much Jazz Hands!

I will take all your comments on board!

I am going to use Politoed and Latios on my team now + I will use Thunder over Thunderbolt!

Thanks again! ;)

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Hey Guys!

I've had a thought on how to improve my team and this sprung into my mind!

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248HP, 244 Def, 12 Sp.D, 4 Spd
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Protect
- Toxic
- Refresh

Rain may be a good thing for my team in my opinion. It will boost Jirachi's Thunder accuracy to 100%, and with the 60% chance of Paralysis, Jirachi will be a pain to take down. Also, Latios' Surf will be strengthened and so will Swampert's Waterfall. Scald is for Burn and STAB and reasonable damage on T-Tar etc. Toxic is for Poison and I can then Stall with Protect and Refresh.

I do prefer Jazz Hands' Politoed a lot more, but really I couldn't think of a lot else. Any improvements will be great!

See ya! ;)

Last edited:
Cool, quite similar to my team. For ^this politoed, if your looking to add another staller to your jellicent fine, otherwise I'd rather go for some more attacking options as jazz said. For my politoed I don't restrict it with choice items. Seeing as you already have a choice user - latios - you probably want more versatility. Leftovers works great on Politoed or you could opt for expert belt?

Note: my first ever time commenting on serebii ><

Oh and would be great to get some insight to my RMT if you please =P

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Cheers Kode D Tacht,

I am going to use the Expert Belt over the Choice Specs as I don't want to be locked into 1 move! Can someone please help with the Leftovers dilemma, I am using 3 and I am wondering whether I could use something different?

See ya! ;)

EDIT: Can you get a Soul Dew in B/W to use on my Latios? Thanks!

Last edited:

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
Cheers Kode D Tacht,

I am going to use the Expert Belt over the Choice Specs as I don't want to be locked into 1 move! Can someone please help with the Leftovers dilemma, I am using 3 and I am wondering whether I could use something different?

See ya! ;)

EDIT: Can you get a Soul Dew in B/W to use on my Latios? Thanks!
If ye want moar attacking options, then use life orb, and Soul Dew's illeagal both in OU on PO and wifi random matchup, and expert belt is not very good for politoed, because though it has great neutral coverage, it's SE stuff isn't so good, so LO will be better.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Thanks Jazz Hands!

I didn't know that Soul Dew was illegal so thanks for clearing that up!

On WiFi Random Match-up can you use more than 1 of the same item? Thanks!

Anymore Improvements for my team?

See Ya ;)

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Hi all,

Should I use Cosmic Power over Calm Mind on Jirachi?

Also, are Jirachi's EV's good or not?

Thanks,

See Ya ;)

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Hello Tomatohater, cool Jirachi based Rain team you've got here. That said, you do have a few aspects about your team that worry me.

Now, it seems that you're using Life Orb to boost Politoed's power, however it is never a good idea to run Life Orb on Politoed with the aspect of weather based teams being such a popular theme. What this means is that, during the weather war, Politoed will be torn down by everything as heavy as attacks and hazards to smaller things like finishing off a weakened foe. This brings me to suggest for you to use Leftovers or to dedicate Politoed to a RestChesto set. With Leftovers, Politoed is bound to maintain some health with its current set. Honestly, because Swampert need only take a couple attacks before going down, I suggest using the standard spread of 248 Hp/ 252 Defense/ 8 Sp.Attack with a set of Scald, Ice Beam/ Toxic, Protect & Perish Song. Perish Song puts a halt to any set up sweeper who may be able to handle Swampert with ease but not Politoed. Toxic adds the support of a status move that wears down the opponents Pokemon, given that they are not immune to its effects. Scald has the decent 30% chances to burn, meaning its physical bulk is nothing to be questioned once that has been abused repeatedly. Ice Beam is an option over Toxic if you feel that your team cannot handle Dragon and Grass -types well.

;186;
Politoed @ Leftovers/ Chesto Berry
Bold nature
248 Hp/ 252 Defense/ 8 Sp.Attack
Scald, Toxic/ Ice Beam, Protect/ Rest[ Only with Chesto Berry ] & Perish Song

Next, as I previously touched on, hazards are quite the annoyance to your team as I see it. This leads me to suggest Tentacruel over your current Jellicent. With Leftovers, Rain Dish and a defensive capacity better than that of Jellicent, Tentacruel makes a better fit for the team as its Rapid Spin support. That said, Tentacruel will rely heavily on Rain staying up in battle so that it may abuse its ability Rain Dish to the fullest. You're really not missing out on anything by going from Jellicent to Tentacruel except for Spin blocking ability and Taunt support. You do, however, gain a much needed spinner meaning hazards will be of no concern, a stall Pokemon meaning those who have been burned and/or poisoned will wear themselves down with status.

;073;
Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
Bold nature
252 Hp/ 236 Defense/ 20 Speed
Scald, Substitute/Toxic, Protect & Rapid Spin

Jirachi's set seems viable, though I do want to push the issue that, to outpace Magnezone, Jirachi needs 20 Speed EVs. This may come into use if Jirachi should be trapped early-to-mid game.

;385;
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
Bold nature
252 Hp/ 236 Defense/ 20 Speed
Thunder, Water Pulse, Calm Mind & Wish

Next, I'd suggest using Justified ability on Lucario as opposed to Inner Focus because, as you mentioned in its summary, Lucario deals with Dark type weaknesses. Justified grants it a +1 in Attack every time it has taken on damage from said type moves.

Lastly, the team's strong basis for its structure is evident. I personally would use a Careful nature and an alternate spread of 252 Hp/ 4 Attack/ 252 Sp.Defense on Swampert for this team. It already has a physically defensive partner in my suggested Tentacruel. Toxicroak is an option over Lucario if you want a faster set up sweeper that functions under Rain very well. It, too, abuses the Rain using its ability to regain and maintain health. A typical Swords Dance Toxicroak should suffice.

;448;
•Ability: Justified> Inner Focus

;260;
•Careful nature
•Spread: 252 Hp/ 4 Attack/ 252 Sp.Defense

·Toxicroak> Lucario
;454;
Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin
Adamant/ Jolly nature
252 Attack/ 4 Sp.Defense/ 252 Speed
Drain Punch, Ice Punch, Sucker Punch & Swords Dance

This is all I can see being of any help at the moment. I hope this was of some help and best of luck with the team. :D

Last edited:

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Thank You so much CedOmega!

I really needed some more help so Thank You!

Please can someone answer my Questions a few posts up, Thanks!

Any more Improvements anyone?

See Ya! ;)

Last edited:

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
It looks like most OU ground types, mainly Landorus-I, Landorus-T, and Mamoswine, can give you some trouble since they hit everything hard, and can U-turn out on Latios or hit it with an SE Ice attack. To help remedy this, I'd suggest using Bulky Attacker Rotom-W over Swampert. Swampert doesn't do much for your team as a special wall, since its only useful special resistance is Electric. Rotom-W can take hits, take on the Landos and Mamoswine well, and keep some offense. It can also cripple either opposing physical attackers or cripple fast threats with Will-o-Wisp or Thunder Wave. It also gives you a ground type immunity.Next, I'd like to suggest LO Latias over Latios. Latios is having to take on a lot of threats to your team, and frankly, he can't do so effectively since his bulk is so poor and he has no recovery. With Latias, you're trading some power for more bulk, solid recovery, and the ability to switch between moves, while retaining the same resistances as Latios. Now, you've sadly lost your revenge killer, but Scarf Politoed can fix this. Scarf Toed is very effective since when it comes in, it brings rain to boost its Hydro Pumps, and many people don't expect this set. It also can stop slower set-up sweepers, like opposing CM Rachi's, with a fast Perish Song. It also allows you to revenge kill un-boosted dragons and the Landos with Ice Beam. I would suggest another Jirachi set (Sub CM), but you can't change its nature. Wish Cm is much better on stall teams, but what can you do :/ Good luck with the team!

Politoed (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Roost

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 232 HP / 56 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Last edited:

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
LOL, now my entire team has been edited or changed completely! More Rates please! Do I need a Special Wall?

Last edited:

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Thanks Contrail!

More Rates please!

Is TrapperTran a trouble with my team?

Also people, I am getting a Timid Jirachi soon, so we can now have a more 'attacking' Jirachi!

See ya ;)

Last edited:

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
BUMP

5 Games on Pokemon Online, 4 Victories and 1 Close Loss!

I think Jirachi is better with 248 EV's in Def and 12 in Spe, as I haven't seen a Magnezone and they aren't actually that common, so I am going to change that. Tentacruel is really useful and saved me in my last match, clearing 2 layers of Spikes and Stealth Rocks! Rotom - W is really good, especially Volt-Switching Yanmega's, and Latias rips apart Infernape's and the like. Politoed has been great at forcing Walls to switch out with Perish Song! The only Pokemon who hasn't affected my team that much is Toxicroak, only getting 1 kill!

Anyway, this team is great atm, but more rates would be much appreciated!

tomatohater ;)

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
BUMPing Again!

More Rates please!

Is TrapperTran a trouble with my team?

Also people, I am getting a Timid Jirachi soon, so we can now have a more 'attacking' Jirachi!

If there are no more Rates in 5 Days, I will ask to close the Thread!

See ya ;)