• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jirachi - Wish Maker! (M06)

S

Sasuke

~*Mitsuki*~ said:
I don't know what your talking about. o_o;; Just because a is young doesn't mean she has to have an annoying "girly" Sakura Kinomoto voice. No offense to Sakura from CCS, but her Japanese voice is too high and unrealistic. Honestly I think Haruka's Japanese voice is a lot more human and real. True, it is somewhat deep when she's singing, but there's a little at my school who's voice is deep-ish like that and she's about 9.
Yeah, but that sounded like a ful grown womans voice. It sounded so weird for her to talk like a girl and then I hear this deep womans voice.
I have no problem with it, it just sounded really weird.

V

View2ful 'Chu

Meh, personally, I liked the song. It just seemed so unexpected, but when she sang it, her voice was like, gold. If she sings like that in the future (Which I'm sure she won't), they should keep the original voice for the song.

Chris

Old Coot
Merged Jirachi threads together rather that closing the member-made one since there was no point in having an outside discussion one.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Flygon Prince said:
The Groudon thing was cool, they should've used CGI for it. They also should've had a bit about Team Aqua also.
I disagree. I don't think they'd have done a very good job animating that huge Groudon using CGI judging by the like of the crap-tastic Celebi-twig-thing. The tentacles being animated that way wouldn't be too bad, but then again...what would be that point?
Would be nice if the CGI could be improved for future films though~

Also, considering I haven't read into this movie at all (even though its been out for, what, 2 years now? I'm like, SO behind the times~) I wasn't aware of Haruka's original voice being used for a singing portion. Thats actually rather interesting I have to say. Personally, I think Haruka has a beautiful voice, so its a pleasent surprise to hear that it somehow made it into the dub ^.^

Heh, guess they figured Veronica Taylor couldn't sing or something XP

Chris

Old Coot
I have no idea where you get the idea that the voice sounds like an old woman. o_O She sounds just about the same. The only time I give Veronica Taylor props since her voice sounded alike from the Japanese one. o_O

Puffs

...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!
Well, don't you think that CGI has improved since the huge forest abomination? It would've been alot cooler.

Kasumi

Boulder Trainer
I haven' t seen this movie yet. I wish see it movie very much!!! Other Pokemon movies the same!!! Unfurtunately I live in Poland. In my country there are only four movies about Pokemon :( I want to see the all series 5, 6, 7, 8 very very much!!! I love Pokemon, Ash and Misty! I have opsession! Can you help me??? Maybe you know where I can download Anime? Maybe you have this Episodes on CDs? Maybe someone can to send to me this movies on DVDs and episodes on CDs/DVDs, if I will send him/her money? Furthermore I wish to see Pokemon in english and japanese version :p Pleace, help me! I cant longger waiting! I LOVE IT!!! I recorded almost every episodes which was avalaible in my country :) I believe in you!!!

Last edited:
P

PIRO_the_unforgiven_one

10/10

why you ask?

one word that will change the world o pokemon forever

BRENDAN!

seriously, if him and/or wally dont get into the anime, there will be an uproar.

but im getting off topic. the whole movie was pretty cool. loved the fake Groudon.

H

Houndoom

I haven't seen this movie yet because it hasn't been released in Australia yet. I've been dyingly waiting for it to come.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
I recently downloaded the Japanese version of this movie.

Let me first say that I have not watched a "Pokémon" movie, be it Japanese or American, since seeing "Spell of the Unown" in a small-town Massachusetts theater in Spring of 2001. And I now realize that they've gotten a lot better since then. This was probably one of the best animated movies I've ever seen - a great plot, great characters, great animation...where do I begin?

Well, first of all, it was nice to see Max get a movie pretty much all to himself. His scenes with Jirachi (whose voice is as cute as hell, mind you) were all very memorable, and it was great that they developed Max's character like this. As for other characters, Butler was a nice change of pace in terms of antagonists - not purely evil, he still has feelings, as evidenced by his anguished scream when Diane gets swallowed up by the tendrils of the pseudo-Groudon. That was truly one of the most dramatic sequences I've ever seen in "Pokémon".

In terms of animation, this thing blows the regular anime episodes out of the water. The entire opening "Pokémon Lore" sequence, as well as the scene where the crew sets up the carnival and the attack of the pseudo-Groudon, were all visually incredible. If only they had this big of a weekly budget - we'd get more "Exploud and Clears" and less "Balance of Powers".

In all, a very, very good movie. I'm hesitant to watch the dub, since Dogasu's comparison doesn't exactly depict it in a flattering light, but it might be worth it to hear the partially undubbed "Chiisaki Mono" over the ending credits - I tell you, that song is gonna be in my head for weeks now. Not that I'm complaining.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Actually as far as the dub goes, I'd say this movie was handled the best out of all of them. All the original music was kept, and the only dialogue change I can remember is when Satoshi is talking to Masato when they're sitting by the lake. No cuts whatsoever. It really makes me wish they had done such a good job with Heroes. I thought it was much better than this one, but 4Kids really killed it. :/

pokemaster394

JESUS FREAK
Re:

Wow ! That movie rocked !

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
Bwaaah!

I totally hated this movie! I think it's the worst out of all seven movies! They destroyed the beginging by not playing that Advanced Generation music and instead they replace it with some lame old tricks making the tents. Who wants to see that? The story was just boring. I'm amzed on how you guys could like it. The only good part here that I thought was when Absol came running towards Ash and co. and he just fell in the trap. ( Poor guy)

Thats it!

♥Princess Ketchum♥

#1 Ash Satoshi Lover
It was totally awsome i finally seen it and is the pkmn movies here in the uk same as usa ones and it was totally best one i have ever seen!!

10/10

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Personally, I want this movie to play a remix of the opening theme in the opening credits...

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

I am STILL waiting for this movie to come out to DVD in region 2 format........

we only got heroes last month and we have to wait for this......

IT BETTER BE GOOD! unlike heroes where the animation sucked