• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

JN Team is much more powerful than the reserves?

JN Team vs Reserves

• Yes, even stronger than Charizard, Infernape, etc.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • No, other Pokémon like Greninja, Sceptile are even stronger than JN Team

Votes: 50 75.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gingertail24

JN mons definitely have personalities, lots of it, and Gengar, Sirfetchd and Lucario had great backstories/arcs for them
But the issue is they rarely get to be showcased
What they needed is simple organic appearances and interactions, even if it was being in the background at times or just used for a brief battle
They didnt get it, so their long absences hurt and their strength didnt seem believable at all
They only corrected it too late, I can now accept JN mons powering from Hyper Class to Master Class mode with their recent handling which has been good, but buying their strength from rookie to Hyper Class was just hard and downright impossible at times
I feel like they are still lacking in interactions
The raihan battle where Lucario used that mega aura sphere demonstrated how little chemistry is within the team. The fact that they had to use off screen interaction says alot about the team. Like they genuinely still feel like coworkers

ZarudeSandstorm

Your trying to use realistic timeline in an anime where ash is 10 for 25 years. Idk if that's gonna work.

This honestly feels like people don't want to accept that ash in team will be or already is one of the strongest teams because it doesn't make sense. And yes I agree it's inconsistent and doesn't make sense. But you think the anime really cares about that? Look what they did to Alain. They made dracovish take out a Champion level pokemon it's very first battle. I don't think any of ash past mons have done something like that

You guys are wasting time trying to put logic in the power scaling. Cause there is none
Not realistic but it's a fact that Ash owned those Pokemon way before than his current ones, so if they( JN team) can get stronger in whatever time anime showcased, so can his reserves since based on canon Ash had them longer so they had longer trainings.

Writers actually 'showed' based on JN's standards that reserves are stronger( except maybe some) than JN team. So if we compare teams on JN level yes, all of teams are stronger than JN team except maybe BW team.
If we compare JN team to other teams based on their respective series: then yes JN destroys them.
BTW there's no powerscaling here, it's just writing. Powerscaling is used by feats we have seen on screen. We didn't see for an example any feat from Heracross on screen barring his DP feat but based on JN writing, Heracross in JN should be way above Champion levels ( so way above his DP) despite not showing any feat in JN.

Gingertail24

Not realistic but it's a fact that Ash owned those Pokemon way before than his current ones, so if they( JN team) can get stronger in whatever time anime showcased, so can his reserves since based on canon Ash had them longer so they had longer trainings.

Writers actually 'showed' based on JN's standards that reserves are stronger( except maybe some) than JN team. So if we compare teams on JN level yes, all of teams are stronger than JN team except maybe BW team.
If we compare JN team to other teams based on their respective series: then yes JN destroys them.
BTW there's no powerscaling here, it's just writing. Powerscaling is used by feats we have seen on screen. We didn't see for an example any feat from Heracross on screen barring his DP feat but based on JN writing, Heracross in JN should be way above Champion levels ( so way above his DP) despite not showing any feat in JN.
When were we shows the reserves are stronger? I'll give you Greninja sure. But if your talking about the training episodes, your gonna have to help me out on that one. Because the episode never indicated to me the reserves are stronger at all. Definitely not weak but idk about stronger

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
I feel like they are still lacking in interactions
The raihan battle where Lucario used that mega aura sphere demonstrated how little chemistry is within the team. The fact that they had to use off screen interaction says alot about the team. Like they genuinely still feel like coworkers
I still LMAO about the entire scenes they wrote in because their onscreen interactins are non-existent.

Don't y'all miss when we had little friendships like Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Charizard trio, Dadlucha and Noibat, Rowlet and big small brother Melmetal?

Good times

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Lucario and Cinderace being pals is more like an informed attribute by now.
They never spoke again after that one off Filler episode

Which reminds me....

They completely threw Cinderace's broship with Inteleon completely out the window...

..So that they could force this wierd narrative of Cinderace and Lucario being "Besties" despite them never interacting prior to the DD Arc ...

...Only for them to completely throw that relationship out the window as well?!

JN writers I am in your walls. Y'all will never know peace

Eevee903

You are awesome!
They never spoke again after that one off Filler episode

Which reminds me....

They completely threw Cinderace's broship with Inteleon completely out the window...

..So that they could force this wierd narrative of Cinderace and Lucario being "Besties" despite them never interacting prior to the DD Arc ...

...Only for them to completely throw that relationship out the window as well?!

JN writers I am in your walls. Y'all will never know peace
They introduced the Green Monster. That should tell you enough.

Back on topic. Since Greninja clapped Lucario, I doubt most ace reserves are weaker than the JN Pokémon. If anything, I feel like Greninja was holding back.

ZarudeSandstorm

When were we shows the reserves are stronger? I'll give you Greninja sure. But if your talking about the training episodes, your gonna have to help me out on that one. Because the episode never indicated to me the reserves are stronger at all. Definitely not weak but idk about stronger
There were no actual showings lol. But hypothetically they are stronger based on JN's writing and standards. Just because they weren't shown any feat does not mean they do not have them.lmao

Eevee903

You are awesome!
It is hard to compare reserves and the current squad.

First we need to be honest: we can only compare the "aces reserves squad" to the JN squad.

Reserves aces squad:
-Charizard
-Sceptile
-Infernape
-Krookedile has the best record in BW,since there wasn't a real ace.
-Greninja
-Lycanrock/Incineroar in SM

JN squad:
-Dracovish
-Gengar
-Lucario
-Sirfechted
-Dragonite

First of all, I think nobody will argue that Sirfechted and Dracovish are the weakest cause they didnt have enough to screen time to show us how strong they are.

Both Dragonite and Gengar are mixed bags. Their track record didnt start good and went better as time went on/start well and went worse as time went on.

Lucario is this Squads ace. It hasnt lost once in an official battle since it evolved. It lost against Greninja in a sparring match.

While the Journeys Squad has faced alot of powerful opponents, in my opinion, get sometimes got lucky with KO shots like Lucario vs Duraludon for example.

The reserves had to use more strategies to beat their opponents.

I think there lays the difference: the JN Squad counts more on raw power.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
It's literally plot convenience
Lucario is going to beat Leon Charizard, that destroyed Alainzard, that defeated Greninja, that destroyed Lucario
Meanwhile the two "secondary" members of Ash team, Sirfetch'd and Dracovish, defeated Elite 4 and even a champion's pokémon

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Worf effect was in effect for Lucario, who passed that effect onto Raihan.

Dragonite is right now edging closer to Gengar's jobber status for having a small losing streak.
I wouldn’t really say that. It took all the way until Raihan just for Dragonite to actually lose a battle and since then, it only lost to a Garchomp, another pseudo legendary. It’s nowhere near Gengar’s jobber status and still has the best performance of the team alongside Lucario.

DayQuil95

I wouldn’t really say that. It took all the way until Raihan just for Dragonite to actually lose a battle and since then, it only lost to a Garchomp, another pseudo legendary. It’s nowhere near Gengar’s jobber status and still has the best performance of the team alongside Lucario.
I think he's referring to it in a statistical sense, since the JN team didn't have many battles they're mostly close to each other in an overall number of battles.

Dragonite's W/L Record:
W - 3
L - 2

Gengar's W/L Record:
W - 4
L - 3
D - 1

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Ash's JN team is the weirdest and most random Pokemon team he's ever assembled and the fact that they're competing in the PWC instead of his OG, AG, DP, XY and BW teams is really insulting.
(I didn't include his Alola team because they're forever doomed to stay with Kukui and we'll never see them outside of their region)
I randomly entered this thread and this post was the first to pop out. I love it. It's funny because it's true lmfao.
Give this lad a beer. He couldn't be more right.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Ash's JN team is the weirdest and most random Pokemon team he's ever assembled and the fact that they're competing in the PWC instead of his OG, AG, DP, XY and BW teams is really insulting.
(I didn't include his Alola team because they're forever doomed to stay with Kukui and we'll never see them outside of their region)
It’s the Frankenstein’s monster of Pokémon teams while also containing a Frankenstein’s monster in it.

I would say the JN team (and the AG team) are the most balanced in terms of strength. What I mean is that they are are close to the same strength level and are all very strong. I would maybe add DP and SM in there too.