• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

JN Team is much more powerful than the reserves?

JN Team vs Reserves

• Yes, even stronger than Charizard, Infernape, etc.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • No, other Pokémon like Greninja, Sceptile are even stronger than JN Team

Votes: 50 75.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Considering that this is the strongest team in Ash's history...
-Lucario one shot Gigamax Duralodon (Who gave a good fight against Charizard Gmax )
-Dracovish and Sirfercth beat an Elite Four
-Dragonite beat a champion level pokemon
-Gengar will apparently will eat some champion too

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Logically? No.

Narrative wise and something that’s being forcibly pushed? Yes.

Depends on the member.
Dragonite is champion tier and the only Pokémon that is better than it are Pikachu and Sceptile. Sirfetch’d and Dracovish are at E4 with them only being below the Champion mons (Pikachu, Sceptile, Dragonite, Charizard, Snorlax, Incineroar, Naganadel). Lucario and Gengar are weaker than all the aces sans Krookodile and Lycanroc.
So, no.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Depends on the member.
Dragonite is champion tier and the only Pokémon that is better than it are Pikachu and Sceptile. Sirfetch’d and Dracovish are at E4 with them only being below the Champion mons (Pikachu, Sceptile, Dragonite, Charizard, Snorlax, Incineroar, Naganadel). Lucario and Gengar are weaker than all the aces sans Krookodile and Lycanroc.
So, no.
Is Dragonite Champion tier? Because this is the same Dragonite that jobbed very quickly against Raihan who Iris is canonically stronger than. He beat the same Haxorus that has his foot on Mega Garchomp in the trailer

That’s why Ash’s PWC matches make absolutely no sense and it gets kinda hard even power scaling with it tbh

Gingertail24

Considering they are about toe to toe with Leon , I would say yes or very close to. It's unrealistic sure but I feel people don't want to accept that they could potentially be ash strongest Pokemon

gigabowser20

I think it depends on the Pokémon. Sceptile for example has the darkrai win, which arguably still trumps anything the journeys team has done. Having said that, they are obviously quite strong

I think it’s important to mention however, for as inconsistent he’s been written ash has improved overall, with journeys ash especially being much more competent (in some ways at least). So while obviously his current team is a big attribute to his major wins he’s had, we also haven’t seen how the reserves would fair with this more competent ash.

And obviously the writing is very different to say the least in journeys so that’s a factor

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
I think it depends on the Pokémon. Sceptile for example has the darkrai win, which arguably still trumps anything the journeys team has done. Having said that, they are obviously quite strong
I fear that Journeys made legendary feats useless when they became easily to catch and even some to beat.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Eh, fair point. Journeys has cheapened legendaries a bit sadly. But I’d still consider darkrai a pretty noteworthy one if nothing else then for it having never been defeated before ash
Well, Tobias' Darkrai reached SL semi-finals without having been defeated even once. It was very strong. And even in the SL final he wasn't defeated. Tobias was so broken that I still take that Sceptile's feat as valid to this day.

TheNewGuy

Weird to see the "lol no" responses here

My thread was pretty similar and the responses were a little more... thoughtful? idk

Vernikova

Champion
Yes, they are except for Greninja.

His JN team has beaten stronger Pokemon that what Ash's other Pokemon have beaten, and Ash is stronger now than he ever has been. His JN team is about to fight and defeat the strongest trainers in the world. There's no question that the JN team is more powerful at this moment. His other Pokemon will catch up the moment they need to return though.

Greninja is the current exception because it came back and had a good showing.