• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jocelyn's Sprites~

~Jocelyn~

trainer spriter
Welcome to my Sprite thread!

Hi, there. I'm Jocelyn. I'm an experienced spriter. I have been spriting over for 2 years. A pretty long time, right? well anyways, I'm best at trainer sprites, and mugshots. I hope you like my sprites!

TRAINER SPRITES

Jocelyn-5.gif
Kris9692672113-iaza.gif
newhgssgirl3203219047-iaza.gif

This what I have now. I'll add more soon!

MUGSHOTS

Soul_Mugshot__by_Jocelyn_213.gif
request-174540996891-iaza.gif

This is my new style of mugshots.

Jocemugshot9198886232-iaza.gif
request-149857046031-iaza.gif
request-168748327429-iaza.gif

gymleadermugshots8126856203-iaza.gif

This is those gym leader mugshots from DP.

PLEASE C+C!
I will take any suggestions.

Last edited:
Wow, you are really good at DP style trainer sprites! They all look good, although the outlines seem to get dodgey on the mugshots, like on your soul mugshot you used a good deal of black out line, but on the trainer next to it you really didn't use any. But regaurdless they all look wonderful.

torterra09

The One To BEAT!!
wow these look awsome. i also think a little more black outline on the profile mugshot next to soul.good spriting. :)

Jegretis

<---My fave PKMN
Oohh! Again, I know I always tell you this Jocelyn, but I can't stop! Your sprites are TOO good! Hehehe, I see you even used my character for the profile pics. My fav is the Gold Mugshot.

Also, I have a suggestion. A profile pic of Falkner.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Oh, wow. Is it just me, or did your sprites actualy improve PAST amazing? Is that even possible? Anyway, my favorite is probably... The left mugshot in your style.

Oh, since I'm here... I've been wondering; how do you make mugshots in D/P style?

~Jocelyn~

trainer spriter
Thanks guys! ^^ I just finshed my entry for the HGSS contest-

Please C+C!

Kindrindra, What do you mean? With the gym leader mugshots? I make them DP style, you have to see a lot of gray outline. I use colored outline because that is my style of mugshots.

Thanks guys! ^^ I just finshed my entry for the HGSS contest-

Please C+C!

Kindrindra, What do you mean? With the gym leader mugshots? I make them DP style, you have to see a lot of gray outline. I use colored outline because that is my style of mugshots.

Lookin pretty good! The only things that I see is the the hero left foot (the one closest to the girl) looks to small and his arms are a bit too curvey in my opinion.

Awesome sprites. With the edits you made to Gold, he is perfect now! Great job, however I did like the mouth on the old one better, versus the open mouth on the new one. I think its less noticable, yet noticable enough to stand out, where the new one is very noticable. But I think the open mouth is perfect on Soul.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
I was thinking about making the rival too. :>
I like the mouth on Gold much better here, I think it fits his peronality more, and it makes him seem more like a dude. But i liked the way Soul was standing before. I don't like her stance right now. It looks weird. And her head is too far back, it looks like shes trying to get as far away from the opponent as possible, I think you should move it forward a pixel or two.
Lastly, on Gold, he has the strap, but where is the bag? You should be able to see it a little bit at least. it's not small enough to hide behind his back.

Besides those small small errors, your sprites are amazing!

~Jocelyn~

trainer spriter
Aquakip, I'll try to fix them as so as I can. The bag seem small to me, so thats why it like that.

Okay here a new sprite,

icon27185147769-iaza.gif

Please C+C!
I know the collar looks weird, I tried to fix but looks even worse. :c

Yami_Wheeler

Stay forever young.
Really amazing. O_O Especially the HG/SS ones.

Keep 'em coming~!

New mugshot looks great! Have you ever considered using a lighter shade of red though to accent the bows and make them stand out more...? Just because they do sort of blend into the hair a little, but either way the mugshot looks GREAT!

How about now?

newhgssgirl5170035210-iaza.gif

I'm might do the rival, if I have time. ^^

If I were you I would remove the glow. I personally think it is unessary for trainer sprite (unless it is a psychic trainer). It kind of takes away from the sprite. But anyways the male trainer looks much better now.

~Jocelyn~

trainer spriter
New Sprites! I made some Gym leader mugshots for Pokemon Cobalt. Please C+C because this is my first time scratching most of the face and outline and using only grey outline.

gymleadermugshots8126856203-iaza.gif

~Jocelyn~

trainer spriter
No comments? Well anyways, new sprite!

nowandbefore4923585359-iaza.gif

The one of the right is the new one. That was my first OC design from 2 years ago. Please C+C!

Kecleoshrew

KECLEON :D
Wow, these are excellent! i like the new one as well! these ist epic!
i hope to see more sprites soon!