1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Johto Adventures - A Pokemon Trainer RP. (Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'RPG Café' started by Schade, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Schade

Schade Iron Defensive

Johto Adventures
    ~ Discussion Thread ~
    Approved by Psychic​

RP Thread
    Sign-Up Thread

Have you ever wanted to be a Pokemon Trainer? Did something get in the way of your grand plans of embarking on your own journey when you turned ten? Well now you can! The region of Johto is Kantos western sibling, and is home to lush forests, peaceful beaches and extravagant city life, as well as being a center of cultural lore, and exciting history. The opportunities are endless. You could settle down, go on a vacation, or, as our pending heroes are going to do, embark on a Pokemon journey. Johto is famous for being the first region where different species of Pokemon were discovered. One houndred of them, to be specific, which adds to the already huge roster of Pokemon. Needless to say, the Johto region is a very good place to start your adventure.

Or at least that is what the brochures are saying. Pokemon journeys in the Johto Region have somewhat decreased after rumors about the evil organization, Team Rocket, surfaced. These hooligans are feared for stealing other people's Pokemon, running illegal businesses, and rigging fair play for their own benefits. Since the word about their return is nothing but rumors, Professor Elm feels confident in aiding you all on your new adventure together.

Despite the ill rumors, Johto is still a good place for young to-be trainers to start their journeys to become the very best. The legal age for starting a pokemon journey is at the age of ten. You’re a bit older than that, be it fourteen or nineteen. You want to explore the Johto region on your very own Pokemon Adventure, and after having written an e-mail to the regions Professor, you receive a letter in the mail.

RP Rules
    - No God-modding or Mary Sue characters. This rule goes without saying.
    - Don’t bunny other players characters without the players permission. There are minor exceptions to this, like if we need to progress the RP.
    - Only one character and one Pokemon per player. There will be opportunities to capture Pokemon later on as the RP progresses, so don’t worry about that.
    - Limit the amount of swearing and cussing for your character.
    - Be active. If you sign up for this RP, I expect you to be active in keeping up with the group. I am hoping for maybe two or three posts per week.
    - Monster Guy is my Co-GM. As with mine, his words are law.

New Bark Town: A small and peaceful town. Main area of interest is Professor Elms Lab, located central in the town. Often the first step for new aspiring trainers to begin their journeys. There is also a dock here, connecting the Johto Region with the rest of the Pokemon world by sea.
    Available Pokemon: None

Route 29: Located to the south of new Bark Town, Route 29 is a fairly low-level route for newbie trainers, and is often the first route on their travel. A relatively forested area, Route 29 follows a fairly simple path, leading towards Cherrygrove Town. New trainers beware the occasional explosive Pineco.
    Available Pokemon:
    Very Common: Pidgey, Rattata, Sentret
    Common: Hoothoot, Patrat, Caterpie, Weedle, Lilipup
    Uncommon: Pineco, Aipom, Poochyena, Spearow
    Rare: Fomantis, Plusle, Minun

Cherrygrove Town: Another rather small town. Home to many families, Cherrygrove town is a coastside suburb often visited by new trainers going towards route 30. There is a pokemon Center and a Pokemon Mart here, as well as a rather nice beach promenade. Though Wild Pokemon can be seen, none can be caught at this point in the RP.
    Available Pokemon: N/A

Player List:
    1: Schade: Alexnder "Alec" Gotleib
    2: Monster Guy: Timothy Wolfe
    3: Tangeh: Faith McMullin
    4: Sketchie: Joshua Hoffman
    5: TikTok13: Jay Cole Julien
    6: Dragalge: Sara Clark
    7: Cobalt XIV: Mauve Valentine
    8: VampirateMace: Bunny Wilson

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  2. Monster Guy

Monster Guy Fairy type Trainer

If my words were really law, Jay would have started with Sableye. lol.

I love how everyone had their characters get Ice Cream once they arrived. :p It's an Ice Cream party yo!

3. Dragalge

Dragalge Leaked footage

When you say "2-3 posts every week", do you mean 2-3 posts from each poster or just in general? Because it's that time of the year where university/grade school start again for most people and considering real life --> RPs, having one person to make two RP posts sounds a bit daunting on top of their schoolwork~

I know you warned me on not posting yet but I'm going back to university on Sunday and thus preparations for that are more important to me lol

4. Monster Guy

I'm pretty sure he meant in general. There is not that much activity to warrant each player posting 2-3 times a week. I would personally love that amount of activity myself, but my personal life isn't that super busy so...

5. Dragalge

Dragalge Leaked footage

I hope so.

If my SU for another RP is accepted, I may try to get something going tomorrow. If not, hopefully Sunday is fine as well.

6. Cobalt XIV

Cobalt XIV Well-Known Member

I'll post something this weekend. Introductory posts are my Achilles' heel.

7. Schade

Schade Iron Defensive

Alright, Ladies. Made a post in the RP thread and moved us to the lab. It is pretty straight forward here, so take your time.

8. Monster Guy

But not too much time. ;)

Tim will play with all the starters, but wind up choosing Chikorita. He'd be happy with any Pokémon, so I have to make decisions for him.

Hopefully, I'll get a post up before Hurricane Irma gets here, and I lose power...

9. InnerFlame

InnerFlame Fire and Ice Combo

Jazz wants all of the pokemon!

I'll try to post today. Since there will be storms in my area I might not be able to do it.

10. Monster Guy

Is Hurricane Irma coming to you? =O Be safe.

Edit: Yes, Sketchie did give permission to have Isaac jump into Joshua's arms...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  11. InnerFlame

I'm lucky enough to not be in that area but close enough to experience the heavy rainstorms.

Monmon intercepted me, I was going talk to Joshua and stare at his Togepi... Though I admit she wouldn't gone that far since she doesn't want to be thought as weird.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  12. Monster Guy

Sorry. xD Although, Joshua did talk to Tim first. :p We can get together and fawn over the mons together.

13. Sketchie

Sketchie it's about the CUBES

You'll find pretty quick Joshua doesn't mind. Isaac loves the attention, and if it makes friends, then it's cool. And remember, he's ridiculously tall, he's used to being stared at. XD

14. InnerFlame

Now that you mention it... he was talking to Tim... but like my character all I saw was a Togepi and a chance to make a friend. Jazz can out fangirl Tim any day but she currently in try to be normal and reserved mode.

Schade, out of curiosity and you don't have to answer if you want to keep it a mystery, what are the chances of seeing wild pokemon not common in the Johto region?

15. Dragalge

Dragalge Leaked footage

He said Pokemon from all regions will be available so no worries there!

16. TikTok13

TikTok13 Oh, I have a title?

Just checking, do we need to write an SU for our new starter Pokémon? If we do, I'll get that done and then probably have another post up tonight!

17. Monster Guy

Challenge accepted! :p

There were Wingulls at the port, and Wingulls are not native to Johto, hence we can assume mons from other regions will be available.

18. Schade

Schade Iron Defensive

I will see if i can move us to the first route tomorrow before work. ill have to plan out the wild pokemon first.

19. Tangeh

Tangeh Well-Known Member

I'll try to remember to get the SU for Faith's totodile done, yell at me if I forget because I might.

20. Schade

Schade Iron Defensive

Updated both the Discussion Thread OP and the RP Thread OP with the new location, as well as its Pokemon.
    Friendly reminder to make SU's for the Pokemon you acquire through the RP. Just update your SU's.

Route 29: Located to the south of new Bark Town, Route 29 is a fairly low-level route for newbie trainers, and is often the first route on their travel. A relatively forested area, Route 29 follows a fairly simple path, leading towards Cherrygrove Town. New trainers beware the occasional explosive Pineco.

Available Pokemon:
    Very Common: Pidgey, Rattata, Sentret
    Common: Hoothoot, Patrat, Caterpie, Weedle, Lilipup
    Uncommon: Pineco, Aipom, Poochyena, Spearow
    Rare: Fomantis, Plusle, Minun