• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Johto Ash vs Goh

Who would win in a 6 vs 6

• Total voters

Leonhart

Imagineer
Gou would probably win considering that Satoshi's Jouto Pokemon were quite underdeveloped. Heracross was barely used back then, Satoshi only had Gomazou for a little while [and it was a baby], and Waninoko was never all-that great in battle. The other three ranged from good to average at best.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Goh pretty easily, considering Cinderace or Golurk could sweep the entire Johto team. Maybe give Ash Johto league Charizard or update the Johto mons with their Sinnoh league feats.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Goh pretty easily, considering Cinderace or Golurk could sweep the entire Johto team. Maybe give Ash Johto league Charizard or update the Johto mons with their Sinnoh league feats.
No at Cinderace or Golurk sweeping entire team because of Bayleef, Cyndaquil and Heracross( Heracross did survive against Gary's Magmar), (Cyndaquill who beat Pryce's Dewgong) and Bayleef who was good in Chuck's gym and it beat IIRC Houndoom).
Heck even Phanpy did somewhat Ok against Macy( still better than Noctowl)( Totodile is as ok as Phanphy which means Noctowl is the worst of Johtomons). Yeah, Goh wins but it would be pretty rough fight.
Go's Pokemon are bit featless since we don't know how strong they are for sure. But I can see Go winning in the end depending on what Go's Pokemon prove and not just sheer size( aka Golurk), Scizor proved that it's strong( but I don't think he's on level of Farfetch'd, just because they spared together, same with Cinderace and Lucario.

Last edited:
No at Cinderace or Golurk sweeping entire team because of Bayleef, Cyndaquil and Heracross( Heracross did survive against Gary's Magmar), (Cyndaquill who beat Pryce's Dewgong) and Bayleef who was good in Chuck's gym and it beat IIRC Houndoom).
Heck even Phanpy did somewhat Ok against Macy( still better than Noctowl)( Totodile is as ok as Phanphy which means Noctowl is the worst of Johtomons).
Go's Pokemon are bit featless since we don't know how strong they are for sure. But I can see Go winning in the end depending on what Go's Pokemon prove and not just sheer size( aka Golurk), Scizor proved that it's strong( but I don't think he's on level of Farfetch'd, just because they spared together, same with Cinderace and Lucario.
So what would the result be like for you? 1-0? 2-0?

As much as Cyndaquil or Heracross have done well, we don't know if Gary's Magmar was just caught (remember that Gary has more than 200 pokemon) and I don't think Pryce's Dewgong is very strong, he was weak imo. I think Bayleef could defeat Darmanitan and even Aerodactyl, or at least fall next to Aerodactyl, but Golurk could defeat half the team, and both Cinderace and Flygon could defeat the other 2.

Goh would win 2-0.

CMButch

So what would the result be like for you? 1-0? 2-0?

As much as Cyndaquil or Heracross have done well, we don't know if Gary's Magmar was just caught (remember that Gary has more than 200 pokemon) and I don't think Pryce's Dewgong is very strong, he was weak imo. I think Bayleef could defeat Darmanitan and even Aerodactyl, or at least fall next to Aerodactyl, but Golurk could defeat half the team, and both Cinderace and Flygon could defeat the other 2.

Goh would win 2-0.
Would would Gary use in the league just caught Magmar. I mean Harrison did use just caught Sneasal who defeated Machamp, but still Magmar is still strong.
Pryce is still 7th gym leader that competitors have to go through. Dewgong definitely is not as strong as Piloswine but still Dewgong should still be stronger than probably Chuck's Machoke or Jasmine's Magnemite, but don't forget Cyndaquil beat Steelix.

Why do you say that Golurk could defeat half of team, what has Golurk done? Cinderace has been proven to be Go's strongest Pokemon( I am not counting Suicune since he roams and that other Pokemon) and I would say Scizor is second.

Why do you say that Golurk could defeat half of team, what has Golurk done? Cinderace has been proven to be Go's strongest Pokemon( I am not counting Suicune since he roams and that other Pokemon) and I would say Scizor is second.
I think Golurk already showed a lot by hitting Pikachu like a fly and being basically a Raid Pokemon. Pryce is not the '' seventh leader '' he is just a gym leader, remember that in the anime, the order of the badges does not matter, He could even be at Brock's level.

CMButch

I think Golurk already showed a lot by hitting Pikachu like a fly and being basically a Raid Pokemon. Pryce is not the '' seventh leader '' he is just a gym leader, remember that in the anime, the order of the badges does not matter, He could even be at Brock's level.
Pikachu is inconsistent. Yes he is. Yes it kinda does matter. Remember Viola vs Grant? Grant beat Viola. Grant is 2nd gym leader and Viola is 1st. So no, Pryce is 7th gym leader and way stronger than Brock who is first at episode 5. Maybe it wouldn't matter if gym leaders are close like 6-7, 2-3, but 7th vs 1-2-3-4 or even 5 it matters.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Ash's johto team was so bad that he had to call his kanto mons to bail him out in johto league. Though heracross is the only one who can do more damage.

RafaSceptile

Goh would win almost definitely because Ash's team from Johto was not that strong when you really think about it. I always thought Ash's Bayleef should have evolved into Meganium. :(
Meganium was one of the most mistreated last evolution starters, she was relegated to Casey but then she was just a recurrent character who appeared three times (?) with very little relevance in the story.

And then relegated again to Jackson/Vincent, who was just a League opponent, not even rival.

Trillion

Meganium was one of the most mistreated last evolution starters, she was relegated to Casey but then she was just a recurrent character who appeared three times (?) with very little relevance in the story.

And then relegated again to Jackson/Vincent, who was just a League opponent, not even rival.
better than what typhlosion got lol. i think it only had one main series appearance ever, and it was in AG at that

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

I would say typhlosion got it worse, imagine getting the debut in main anime even after the starter from the upcoming generation, thats what happened with him which debuted after blaziken, always felt that ash should have evolved his cyndaquil and we should have gotten typhlosion vs blaziken as a final battle in ash vs harrison match.

All Johto starter final evolution pokemon ere badly treated, perhaps the worst of all starters, even BW treated serperior, samurott and emboar better than them,