• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Johto Norman's city

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon89

power of vapor
Where are Norman and his family from?
I know that they ome frome Johto, but wich city?

;134;89

PUrEHearT

Hyper Coordinator
im gussing golden rod... cause its the biggest city... i dont thing they told us in the Anime or the Games

Kveran

Pinin' for the fjord
My best guess would be Goldenrod, since that's the home of the other Normal-type gym leader.

A

an_idiot_

by the looks of his fashion sense, i would guess etruteak (cant remember how its spelled) city.

Glowstick_cult

They don't actually tell you in the games (and I don't watch the anime, so I wouldn't have a clue there). For all I know, they couldn've been homeless bums who decided to migrate over to Hoenn because they have a rich relative named Ogden Price, who owned a rubber duck factory, which was popular with shareholders, especially one Vincent Scetty, who invested a few thousand into the company and came out with billions.

In conclusion: I don't know.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Glowstick_cult said:
They don't actually tell you in the games (and I don't watch the anime, so I wouldn't have a clue there). For all I know, they couldn've been homeless bums who decided to migrate over to Hoenn because they have a rich relative named Ogden Price, who owned a rubber duck factory, which was popular with shareholders, especially one Vincent Scetty, who invested a few thousand into the company and came out with billions.

In conclusion: I don't know.
...I think it can be concluded that they moved to Hoenn because Norman was recruited by the Hoenn League, seeing as how Kanto and Johto already had full rosters of Gym Leaders.

Hehe... never thought of that deeply.

I'll go with a just made, Saffron-esque story. Norman used to be the Normal GYM Leader of Goldenrod City around the RBY/RSE/FRLG timeframe (It's the same.). Shortly before the events of RSE take place, Whitney came into the big city, eager to become a GYM Leader. Unfortunately, Norman owned her each time, causing the usual whines of our beloved girl (Too cute. :)). She didn't let down, though (She's always struck me as some persistent, annoying girl. XD.) and kept on trying every day. Then one day, she managed to defeat Norman's best Slaking, but ended up losing anyway. Norman was impressed, though, and decided to give up his spot for two reasons: he felt Whitney was worthy; and he was eager to live in Hoenn, where he had an assured spot already. The rest is story. :p

Or maybe it was much like Saffron, where Whitney and her girls came and owned everyone in there, including Norman. Then, the man left Goldenrod for Hoenn out of sheer shame. :p

Champion Jared 14

I'm not exactly sure either..... I'm sure there's someone in the game who says that Norman moved his family from Johto. I don't know which city it was, and I forgot where that person who told me that was.

T

thegreengiant

this is all just speculation; i think they just threw in that reference to make everyone happy.

by the way, how are we completely sure that rse and rby are in the same time frame again?

Chilled2m7

WRX STi
We don't but it seems natural to assume it is at least within a decade or so of the other games because of the fact that technology as a whole has not changed all that much.
Ex- The pokemon Center
Ex- Truck designs in both games
Ex- Boat Designs in both games.

Most likely Ecrutek, due to his traditional oriental sense of decor.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
thegreengiant said:
by the way, how are we completely sure that rse and rby are in the same time frame again?

Due to the trading we're able to do.

PUrEHearT

Hyper Coordinator
we know because RSE can link with FR/LG and FR/LG is in the same time frame as RBY. RBY is in the Same time frame as GSC. So basically everything links.

H

Hukuzo

Fierce Deity said:
in the Manga, Norman's family is indeed from Goldenrod City.
He's right.

I think Nintendo payed them to move to Hoenn.

Status
Not open for further replies.