• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Johto Photo Finish! (274)

Torpoleon

Epic battle!Charizard did hve the advantage just half.But they put up a great fight.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
One word: Rushed. This episode was great at first but then was horribly rushed. I would have liked to see Hazuki's entire battle and see the rest of the competition. The Misdreavus portion was a typical Johto filler-like event and really could have been done without. This seemed like just a rush attempt at getting Satoshi over to the Hoenn league. :/

Undeniably... and that's incredibly sad. Ash lost to Harrison, but I would've liked to see more of Harrison's match, ya know?

Still, Blaziken made the episode excellent <3

Oh man, I remember seeing Prof. Birch holding all those Hoenn Pokémon in Harrison's flashback and going, "OMG, they're hideous! D:"

That kid who won the Johto league... looks like a n00b. =\ Hey, I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

johny2hai

Future Olympian
This is my favorite battle ever. ^.^

That episode was the reason why Blaziken ended up being my favorite pokemon.

Although, I don't like that Ash loses most of his tough battles, barring gym battles, and the Orange league challenge, etc.

That showed that Charizard is not as good as everyone thought. ;]

They both did a good job, excellent effort, its too bad that they dont have that many battles with that much intensity.
;257;

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
Pretty good battle. But I agree that it felt rushed. The writers always seemed to hate Jotho. IMO at least.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
hm it started good but then it became a bit hasty, or rushed like people call it here, like a stupid episode of johnny quest-_-

the battle was nice though.

Splitzman

Bad to the Horn
I agree with the episode being rushed after the battle. Misdrevious should of appeared eariler, but whatever. The battles before Blaziken-Charizard were humorous, especially Snorlax. The main fight though, now that took my breath away. Blaziken and Charizard battled so fiercely, but I believe that Blaze Kick was Blaziken's trump card. A very good episode 9/10. (Lowered one due ti the rush).

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I thought that the Charizard vs. Blaziken match was great. However, I am very disappointed that Ash was defeated by Harrison. I thought that Blaziken was extremely strong. I wish we would hhave gotten to see Harrison's next match though. It kind of stinks that he wasn't able to use Blaziken due to it being worn out from the battle with Charizard. It surprised me that Gary decided to become a pokemon researcher just like his grandfather. I always thought that he would remain a strong pokemon trainer and continue to rival Ash. I am glad that Harrison talked Ash into setting off for his journey in the Hoenn region. I felt bad for the poor Misdreavus being trapped under the tree. However, I didn't understand why anyone used one of their pokemon to lift the tree, as it would have been much easier that way.

I noticed that throughout the battle, the announcer kept referring that Harrison was from Silver Town. Harrison however, said he was from Littleroot Town.

Surfer_Dude

Aspiring Guitarist
Charizard should've had an advantage against Blaziken, because both of them are duel-types and Char's second type is super effective against Blaziken's. It had taken a lot of punishment against Gary in the previous fight, though.

yes he did but he got healed at the pkmn center :s

charizardmaster125

The Japanese Voice actor of Charizard is amazing. I liked the part when Charizard moaned after been hit by Blaze Kick. Charizard's actor is very good at bringing out the anger in Charizard.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
One of the best battles, but I was so disappointed that Charizard lost to Harrison's Blaziken in the end. Charizard was the star of this Pokemon League and I would have loved to see it win the battle for Ash before it left for more training again. Oh well. Apart from the loss, it was nice to see the Johto League end after all the years it took to get to this point. 7/10.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
This is my favorite battle in the Johto league, how sad that Charizard lost.

And i loved to see pokemon from Hoenn when Harrison tell about tham to Ash.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
The battle between Charizard and Blaziken was pretty good, the other battles a bit fast but it's still a good episode. Shame that Ash lost and then Harrison lost to some other person (We never see any main characters/COTD etc that win it, just some stranger).

It was interesting Ash, Gary and Harrison used their first Pokemon ever to fight against TR,.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was good, just not as good as the episode before. Charizard vs Blaziken was an awesome battle between 2 evenly matched Pokemon. Too bad Ash and Charizard had to lose though... I wish Harrison would've won the tournament after defeating Ash.

78/100

The Misdreavus part wasn't disturbing to me, I like Misdreavus. Fillers or filler events in non-filler episodes isn't a bad thing if it is enjoyable, which is, in my opinion, often the case in Jotho episodes.

Ash vs. Harrison was a tense battle, and I'm glad Harrison won, because he deserved to win. It was sad to see the tournament rushed, they should've showed more of the battle in which Harrison lost, and more of the final.

It was bad to see Gary becoming a researcher, ending the rivalry between Gary and Ash.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I have a theory that this episode was a mashup of all the crappy filler plans that sat on the shelf for a year before emerging, unused, at the end of Johto.The very un-solid Misdreavus being captured under a log threw me...pretty sure that's not possible...