• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Johto Starters in FR/LG?

zlxq3000

Master Collector
I read somewhere that if you complete the Kanto dex, you can obtain a Johto starter somehow. Is this true, and if so, where do you get it?

dark_murasame

OG Trainer
naw you have it all wrong. The johto starters are given to you in emerald not firered or leafgreen. And you can only get one of the johto starters in emerald if you complete the national dex.

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
thats in Emerald, complete the HOenn dex and talk to birch in route 203/201, the player and birch return to the lab and birch gives the player to choose between Chikorita, Totodile and Cyndaquil

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
thats in Emerald, complete the HOenn dex and talk to birch in route 203/201, the player and birch return to the lab and birch gives the player to choose between Chikorita, Totodile and Cyndaquil

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Yeah, I know you can get them in Emerald; I just wanted to know if you could get them in the other third-gen games, too. I kinda wanted to get all three myself, without having to resort to the GTS, and without having to restart the game three times... Oh well...

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
Buy Colosseum... or XD and a Gamecube(if you dont have one).
I got Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligatr this way and their Pre-evos by breeding.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Buy Colosseum... or XD and a Gamecube(if you dont have one).
I got Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligatr this way and their Pre-evos by breeding.

Screw the Cube, I have money... er, I mean, I'd rather get a Wii than the GC. I mean, come on. Twilight Princess AND Mario Galaxy? Not to mention Battle Revolution (which I'm sorta 50/50 about getting).

zlxq3000

Master Collector
What? The Wii Can Play Gamecube?

Um, dur. If it couldn't, I'd've sprung for a $99 Gamecube, like, a year ago. I'm just waiting to accumulate some cash so I can actually afford one. And Twilight Princess. Battle Revolution may be worth, like, a rental, but just so I could look through the options of 'what could my trainer look like?', since that's about the only thing about the game that actually looks like it's worth playing at all; I mean, it's basically just a shinier version of D/P. But the customizable trainers (which I think are an awesome idea and should be implemented into every game from now on) are the only reason I'd go for it.

Bdguy

you get them in emerald filling the hoen dex not the national.....

Knight_Ram

I read somewhere that if you complete the Kanto dex, you can obtain a Johto starter somehow. Is this true, and if so, where do you get it?

Sadly, you can obtain them with your Emerald game once you have completed your Hoenn Pokedex. Or if you have those Gamecube games, you can obtain them from there.

Bdguy

the problem is you can only get one so sending them over to another game like fire red with youre strong ones then starting again all over for the other 2

zlxq3000

Master Collector
the problem is you can only get one so sending them over to another game like fire red with youre strong ones then starting again all over for the other 2

Yeah, that's why I wanted to know if they were in any games other than Emerald; I'd've gotten Cyndaquil in Emerald, then Chikorita in FR and Totodile in LG or something like that, if that were the case.

Bdguy

well you have to play emerald three times and complete that dex three times so thats kinda long work i myself would take a cindaquil so i m not getting the other two

nubinator

Banned
You have to complete the Hoenn dex, not the national dex.

If you have Colosseum or XD you obtain them from there. It's easier that way.