• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Johto starters in Pinball R&S

Status
Not open for further replies.

LusterPurge90

Hey, has anyone found these in their game yet? And I'm only asking people who have English game-cartridge, not any emulator. I've seen many people on the internet tell how they have caught everything dozens of times but never seen these in their games. Many, like myself, speculate that they are only available in the Japanese version with the e-reader card to make them appear. The cards name is even 'Extra Pokemon get' which doesn't sound like it improves chances but that it adds these Pokemon to the game.

SO, if even one person has found these in their english game-cartridge, I am ready to believe that they exist in the game for non-japanese people as well.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I've gotten Chikorita before. The Johto starters exist in the English cartridge, but the card you speak of increases the player's chances of them appearing.

LusterPurge90

I've gotten Chikorita before. The Johto starters exist in the English cartridge, but the card you speak of increases the player's chances of them appearing.

You have? That's great news! It's just that guides make them seem as rare as Latios in Ruby-table and I have found Latios already so I'd figure I would've found one of them already too. Also the Pokedex already has Complete-medal on it at 201 Pokemons so that kind of made it seem they are not in the english cartridge.
But I guess I will keep on trying Ruby-board for a while longer as the completionist in me refuses to let the game go before everything is caught :D

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
You have? That's great news! It's just that guides make them seem as rare as Latios in Ruby-table and I have found Latios already so I'd figure I would've found one of them already too. Also the Pokedex already has Complete-medal on it at 201 Pokemons so that kind of made it seem they are not in the english cartridge.
But I guess I will keep on trying Ruby-board for a while longer as the completionist in me refuses to let the game go before everything is caught :D

Good luck! They're among some of the rarest appearances on the board, so it's reasonable that they haven't shown up till this point.

LusterPurge90

Thanks, by the way, do you happen to still have your game? I bought mine from eBay and it looks real, got all the Nintendo-stamps and serialnumbers, but some of my Pokemon are found in other places than Serebii says they do!

For example: Nuzleaf is in Ruby Forest, not Plains; Volbeat is in Sapphire Plains whereas Illumise is in Ruby Plains; Roselia is in Sapphire Forest instead of Sapphire Plains.

Could these be differences between versions or errors in making the guide?

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Thanks, by the way, do you happen to still have your game? I bought mine from eBay and it looks real, got all the Nintendo-stamps and serialnumbers, but some of my Pokemon are found in other places than Serebii says they do!

For example: Nuzleaf is in Ruby Forest, not Plains; Volbeat is in Sapphire Plains whereas Illumise is in Ruby Plains; Roselia is in Sapphire Forest instead of Sapphire Plains.

Could these be differences between versions or errors in making the guide?

Yeah, its completely possible. Not knocking Serebii here, but some of the coverage for older games aren't as accurate, especially since they're not really getting a lot of attention anymore. It's possible that some pokemon are found in more than one singular area and that the ones on the page are just the ones that he found while playing.

Gouranga

I have captured all other 201 Pokemons in this game and not had a glance of any of these, I also managed to find two Latios while at it. I'm curious about the guy who claims to have found Chikorita, Did they use real game or emulator, which version and did they use the e-card possibly to make them appear? And if they didn't, when did they find it, after finding the 201 first or during the process of finding them?

Rig

Rig = Lunar
Does anyone have access to the Japanese e-reader cards? Or, maybe know where some scans are online? I want to try them on my English copy of the game.

I don't believe the starters + Aerodactyl can be caught in our version. I know a few people online (including Cometstarlight above) say they have some/all, but I have never seen one bit of proof.
There are some people that have played this game a ton; myself included. I have seen Latios and Latias several times (with their supposed 1% rate) and never these others?

If someone does claim to have any of these, they need to post a YouTube video or something. I'm trying my best to find the e-reader cards just to see what they'd do (if anything) in the English game.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
I'm not sure why this wasn't closed when it was bumped back in February 2017 from May 2016, but either way I'm closing it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.