1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Join Avenue [B2W2]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by Aquarelle, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

One of the additions to Black 2 & White 2 was Join Avenue, a mall that you could build up with a variety of shops.

This was one of my favourite features in the games. I put a lot of time into my avenue on White 2 - setting up all the shops I wanted, increasing the rank of my avenue and shops, etc. I liked many of the shop types you could have, though the florist was my favourite as I loved being able to buy a variety of berries.

So, what did you think of Join Avenue? Which shops did you have there?

2. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

I always found Join Avenue to be awesome. I liked how you could set up several shops and customize them to be the ones you personally wanted the most. I also liked how you could level up the shops and the Avenue itself to get better items and more people to help you along with more bonuses. That was one of my daily routines in B2/W2 for the longest time, I did it until all shops had reached level 10 and the Avenue itself had reached level 100. I later made a few new shops which I also maxed in order to get all medals from there. It took me quite a bit over 1000 visitors to reach level 100 on both of my games.

As for the shops I made, it varied. I made the most use of the Raffle Shops as I enjoyed getting stuff there, I even won the Master Ball a few times. I also used the Antique Shop a lot to get various items (though I mostly Hard Stones which I later sold). I liked the Markets too, always made sure to buy a daily PP up from them and then bulk-buy vitamins if I needed some EV-training to be done. The Nursery was great if I really wanted to hatch an egg quickly. I also liked getting berries from the Florist shops that you couldn't get from other places. I think I built the other shops too but never really used them much. Which I kind of regret as they seem so useful in retrospect. In general, Join Avenue felt like it could break the game because of how useful it was.

I also liked how you could give it your own name once you had reached a certain rank. I named it Gray Hall in Black 2 (because my trainer name was Gray and I wanted to try and make something with it) and Hazers in White 2. I also liked how you could get a nickname for your character and make your shop runners say special things when you spoke to them.

In general, I thought Join Avenue was amazing and I really miss it in Gen 6. While the OR/AS Secret Base pals and their daily special skills has a similar function, it feels way too small in comparison. I really want it back so I hope it makes a return in the future.

3. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Emblian Pride

It was one of my favourite features from BW2 and is notable for making Magnemite the most traded Pokemon in Gen 5 (due to the Magnemite Coil scheme). The shops I have were the Raffle, Berry Shop, Nursery and Antique Shop plus a few more I can't remember, the Secret Pals from ORAS seems like a nice (albeit watered down) of referencing this great feature.

4. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Join Avenue is, without any doubt, one of the best additions B2/W2 have brought. I tend to have one of each shop in it in any game. The shops I find particularly useful are: Nursery(since some Pokemon like Bagon and Larvesta take too many steps to hatch), Cafe and Dojo(great for training weak Pokemon), and Emporium(the only place in B2/W2 where Fresh Water can be purchased in bulk, too bad you can't buy Soda Pops and Lemonades there).

5. Aquarelle

I really liked the market/emporium shop. Being able to buy good items in bulk was something I found very useful - I often went to my market to stock up on repels, Moomoo Milks, etc. easily. Plus, I liked being able to buy things like PP Up.

The raffle shop was another favourite of mine. I still often go to mine when I play the game to get a free item. I'm still holding out hope that I'll get the Master Ball prize some day.

6. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

I added every kind of shop to my Join Avenue in Black 2 ha ha, tho I didn't play that game often so it took me over a year to level up each shop and Join Avenue as a whole. My favourite shop to visit was the nursery so I could hatch eggs fast. :3

7. EspNeon

EspNeon Badge Collector

I really liked being able to manage my own avenue. The fact that there was no obligation to include stores that were of no use made it alot better too. I personally favoured the raffle store, since I love the unpredictability of it but also the emporium since I could buy in bulk at a reasonable price.

8. Aquarelle

I really liked this, too.
    I named my avenue on White 2 after my sister (used some variation of "I love [her name]") because she totally loves it when I do things like that... :p

I don't remember how long it took me to level up my avenue and shops to the max, but I think it took me quite a while, even though I played nearly every day and participated in the Magnemite Coil thing a lot. I know I had more than 1000 people (somewhere in the 1100-1400 range) recommended by the time my avenue hit rank 100, though.

9. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Super Sweet Sylveon

I also loved to use Join Avenue back in the day. I would try to include different types of shops and visit every day for my luck to obtain the Master Ball, which never happened. Nowdays, I rarely access Join Avenue due to constraints from the newer games.

10. Aquarelle

Yeah, I don't use Join Avenue nearly as much as I used to either. Like I mentioned in my last post, back in the Gen 5 days I was playing my game almost every day and would always go to Join Avenue to level it up and use the shops. I would probably use it more often these days if we could transfer items to XY/ORAS, tbh.

I do visit my avenue nearly every time I play my White 2, but I'm not playing that game as much as I was a few years ago due to focusing on other games. Still, going to my avenue whenever I can is fun as I like stocking up on cool items. Plus, I like seeing if a Gym Leader shows up - that's one of my favourite Join Avenue features.

11. I loved it purely for the fact that I could make everyone call me "Lord Vader". Laughed about that one for ages.

12. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I don't visit Join Avenue much these days, although I do remember upgrading all the shops at my Join Avenue on White 2. It was a fun experience to go there and use the various services.

13. DracosWulfgar

DracosWulfgar what ever........

Well to be honest I have not been to my Avenue in weeks but i got it to rank four, shops are still one and two lv.

So I went back to mine today, and as soon as I walk in, Elsa comes in and asks which shop she should go to.I nearly screamed in excitiment but that would've woken up my family and I would get into trouble so....Anyways nearly rank five and my general store went up to rank 2.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2016
  14. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

I mostly use my Black 2's Join Avenue as a way of hatching Eggs easily lol. Oh, and I play the lottery there sometimes too, but I never win Master Balls. :c

15. ⊱✿RedAshEntropy

⊱✿RedAshEntropy · MultiShipper ·

I remember that I always visit the shop where I can get, hopefully , some rare items like evolutionary stones. Lol. and even I tried my luck to win a Master Ball is still a fail for me. I reached ranked 21 with almost all the shops at rank 8. XDXD

16. DarkLeviathan

DarkLeviathan Banned

My Black 2's Join Avenue still needs more shops and upgrades. I'd add more now since it was a fun place, but I hardly even play the Unova games these days.

17. Alloutℯ

Alloutℯ Banned

I never won the Master Ball myself, but I did pass through my Join Avenue each day for several months to see if I could win one.

18. ZilverLox

ZilverLox Banned

I used to spend almost 30 minutes at my Black 2's Join Avenue each day to level it up. I miss those days since Join Avenue has several benefits.

19. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

My Join Avenue never got fully leveled up, but I loved that place and the music and how people would shout random words while passing through.

20. Join Avenue in both my White 2 and Black 2 is complete, but I wasn't a big fan of that place since it seemed unneeded and almost didn't have a purpose.