• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Join Avenue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Discuss the Join Avenue here. What sort of shops do you have, for instance? Do you use it much? And what inane messages do people say in it for you? Pit pat. Waah?

As usual, forum wide and B2W2 rules apply. No spammy or very short posts that don't contribute to discussion please.

We have full details on Join Avenue here: http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/joinavenue.shtml

-Nator-

Join Avenue was a great idea by GF! I've been using it every day since beating the E4, I'm currently at Rank 8, I believe...
Everyone who passes through seems to like going to the Pokemon Fitness/Arena thing, so that currently has the highest ranking (of 4).
Also, who else has ran into themselves? Not entirely sure if the game intends for you to do that...

Rakurai

Thank you so very much for making this topic. It was needed.

In any case, I have a rank 37 avenue, meaning I'm only three ranks away from the maximum discount. I'm trying to fill out my avenue with player run shops, as you get more points from your visitors that way. I'm having serious issues finding any players who want to open shops that I need, however...

Ideally, I'd like to have two cafes, two dojos, two marts, a nursery, and one last shop I'll be cycling in and out in order to maintain the additional 50% discount. Everyone I run into wants to open everything BUT those shops, though...

To emphasize something to people:

You can change the shop you'll open when you appear in another player's avenue by talking to one of the assistants.

Therefore, you can help out your friends by choosing open shops they need.

Last edited:

R_N

I reached Rank 19 tonight, it's great that just about any form of connection beyond wi-fi trading will bring in people to your Avenue

Right now I've 2 Rank 7 Antique Shops, a Rank 7 Raffle, Rank 8 Salon, Rank 9 Berry (B2 type) shop, Rank 3 Deli, Rank 2 Nursery, and a Rank 7 Dojo.

The Antiques are a bit hit or miss but they're cheap so I don't care that much.
The Salon is a godsend for happiness evolutions, Combined with the Deli friendship meals & I'm guaranteed at least one a day with minimal grinding.
Beyond the happiness drinks I really don't care for the Deli. Unlike rare candies the leveling up options are just very expensive versions of the daycare; at least let Pokemon evolve from them.
The Berry shop, despite the ranking, goes mostly unused. I'll buy a batch to have them on hand but usually I can deal just fine from Dream World or the berry-based Funfests.
I have not used the Dojo at all, but I'm keeping it around for when I go for the Type challenge medals.
Nursery I'll probably keep around for when I start hatching a million things for the National Dex.
Raffle's just a nice shop to have around in general. Free lottery chance, why not?

I'm probably going to start cycling the Deli out once I wrap up the happiness evolutions so I can go for the 50 shops opened medal

Rakurai

There seems to be a major oversight in that GTS trades are the only form of connection that won't allow you to get any game record information on players you invite to your avenue.

Then again, it might've been intentional, seeing as it's the easiest method of connection to take advantage of...

R_N

There seems to be a major oversight in that GTS trades are the only form of connection that won't allow you to get any game record information on players you invite to your avenue.

Then again, it might've been intentional, seeing as it's the easiest method of connection to take advantage of...

Can you get any information for BW1 interactions?
Or even determine what shop a BW1 player will open? While I'm not the biggest fan of the Berry shop I wouldn't mind having a consistent source of stat raising berries (& the EV lowering berries I guess)

JohnNiles

I've abused the Magnemite Coil to the point that all my shops are maxed out (and that's after dropping and replacing a couple of shops). I'm an egg hatching fiend, so I have 3 nurseries with plans to add more. They're run by my own fans because nobody else wants to open up a nursery. ._. While I realize the benefits of player-run shops, it's great to see your shopkeepers throwing your own catchphrase back at you. I feel like I'm a cult leader.

Current lineup: 1 Lottery, 3 Nurseries, 1 Dojo, 1 Florist, 2 Antique Shops. I won't be done with the Florist until I've cycled through all the in-a-pinch berries, and I'll ditch the Antique Shops once I've accumulated enough items. I've actually lost quite a lot of money using the Antique Shops and Dojo - I should track down the maniac(s) and sell my loot.

Is it possible to have more than one gym leader hanging out at your mall? I kinda wanted to stuff them all in there like the dojo in HG/SS. It doesn't seem like more than one will show up at a time.

Rakurai

Or even determine what shop a BW1 player will open? While I'm not the biggest fan of the Berry shop I wouldn't mind having a consistent source of stat raising berries (& the EV lowering berries I guess)

B/W players can provide some record information, but not as much as a B/W 2 player. They also can't answer the Join Avenue questions obviously, so that's another disadvantage.

They have no control over what shop they open, as it's determined by their trainer ID.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Thank you so very much for making this topic. It was needed.
No worries. On that note if people want new threads on stuff all you need to do is ask a mod of the section, and they (or all of us) will consider it.

What's all this about cycling shops btw? I haven't been playing much because busyness but was wondering how one can change shops. (Can you only do it after having a full 8 shops set up and then when someone else new sets up you choose who gets replaced?)

Kabloosh

I'm currently aiming to have one of each type but I think I may drop the berry shop for maybe another dojo. I like the EV training it provides. The salon is great too cause once I max out my leveling pokemon I can come back and remove some stats and wander over to the dojo and put the EVs in a more useful stat.

Really, this new feature is probably the best I've seen added to a pokemon game in a long time.

Rakurai

What's all this about cycling shops btw? I haven't been playing much because busyness but was wondering how one can change shops. (Can you only do it after having a full 8 shops set up and then when someone else new sets up you choose who gets replaced?)

Once you hit eight shops, you can replace any of the current shops with a new one.

This is necessary if you want to get the medal for constructing 50 shops, or if you want to get the week long 50% discount from maxing all of your shops again.

FusionKT

*cough*
My join avenue so far has 8 shops, one of each type and two antique stores. I find join avenue to be extremely useful, especially for EV training and for getting some items.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I haven't been giving this much attention, but I guess I should start it.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I was talking to R_N about how it seemed that something was up with at least the berry shop I have and they knew what I was talking about. Without paying attention to the fan page at first, I got a fan that opened a florist and they started with gooey mulch which made me think it was an npc that'd act as if it came from White version which is what I was looking for, but when I ranked up, it became damp mulch. Then I realized it was actually suppossed to be as if it came from White 2 in the first place. It also, as it ranked up, didn't sell oran berries like it was suppossed to, but rather aspear which made me think they did something similar to switching some version exclusive pokémon between the different Gold and Silver releases (for example phanpy was available in one version in the japanese version but the other version in the english release). Anyone else have any experiences like this?

Also, the mart I opened, which just started selling ether and got a new look (think it's rank 4), doesn't have all the items mentioned on Serebii's page that it should have by now. But, that might be because I only have 5 badges mybe? I dunno.

Also, anyone familiar with the magnemite trades happening at the GTS?

I was told, though not sure how truthful what I was told is, that it has to do with the id for those games. Which makes sense since no Join Avenue to customize what your trainer will do on Join Avenue. Though would be nice to find out what the requirements are for the id to be what.

My npc version of my trainer from Black wants to open a dojo and the one from White wants to open a lotto if I'm remembering correctly.

Last edited:

Kabloosh

I traded with my black1 game and my avatar came visiting and set up a shop so BW1 people who run into while trading also come along. Also I noticed any person you interact in a GTS negotiation will end up showing up too whether if you trade anything or not. So if you just want to grab a bunch of people you could just pop into the GTS negotiations a few times or I would imagine playing against random people and throwing the matches to end the fast could be a quick alternative for people. I suppose you could do the whole magnemite thing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.