• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Join Avenue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Currently Rank 12 now. 2 more ranks and I get a hatchery.
Anyone know if a gym leader can spawn in your shop again or is it only once for each gym leader?

Rakurai

There's no limit to the number of times they can show up, but only one gym leader can appear per day.

JohnNiles

I'm more interested in whether you can have multiple gym leaders in your avenue at the same time. I rather doubt it, because I noticed that the gym leader always appears in the same "lane" (two from the right edge) and always runs from the bottom of your screen to the top. I think there are six lanes and two directions to walk in, which adds up to the twelve visitors max that you can have at a time.

Zoruagible

I'm more interested in whether you can have multiple gym leaders in your avenue at the same time. I rather doubt it, because I noticed that the gym leader always appears in the same "lane" (two from the right edge) and always runs from the bottom of your screen to the top. I think there are six lanes and two directions to walk in, which adds up to the twelve visitors max that you can have at a time.

I think the gym leaders can only appear one at a time.
They can be assistants, right?

Catfish

Both Marlon and Clay have visited my Avenue, giving 1000 points each. I now have 3 flowers shops level 8, 1 at level 7. Which means I'm 1 rank away from getting all the stat enhancing berries (I just Petaya now), except Lansat and Starf - acquiring those is a lot more difficult. ETA: I have Petaya!

I'm actually thinking of getting rid of some flower shops once I've stocked up on the Stat berries, the rest of them I can grow in the DW. I've already gotten rid of my rank 10 market in favour of a nursery.
How do the gym leaders appear? :eek:

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
Yeah I've only had Roxie show up at the moment.

I just got my join avenue to lvl 3 and the most recent shop that I've added is the lottery. So now I have a salon, cafe, dojo, florist, raffle, market and antique shop. So far I mostly buy stuff from the florist and market, but eventually I'll be using the dojo. Last shop will be for the nursery but for now its a second florist shop.

Bluemiracle

Biologist
I've seen that the Nursery can be very handy especially if its at level 10. But why isn't it considered a handy tool for breeding through the masuda method? Assuming you save the game before recieving 5 eggs at a time.

Is there a down side that I'm not aware of?

Last edited:

phantom16

I like how the shops can get named after people you have interacted with.
it really cracks me up because on of my friend's names is SH*TAS*
but actually spelt out, so now I have a "SH*TAS* Fitness"
^^

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I've seen that the Nursery can be very handy especially if its at level 10. But why isn't it considered a handy tool for breeding through the masuda method? Assuming you save the game before recieving 5 eggs at a time.

Is there a down side that I'm not aware of?

Well, with only one Nursery at rank 10, you still aren't going to hatch very many eggs unless they have a low step count. They are useful if you open up at least 3, but then you still have a limited amount of eggs you can hatch. You can guarantee that those eggs hatched by the nursery will hatch much faster than if you hatched them with Flame Body. I'd say their benefits outweight the limit of eggs you can hatch, though.

JohnNiles

Rank 10 Nurseries are extremely useful. Level 5 warm (which occupies 6 out of 15 slots) will hatch anything, and hatching 9-10k step pokemon instantly is pretty awesome. But yeah, even running 5 nurseries, I can't get through more than 2 boxes of eggs.

Black/White 2 don't seem to support Hatch Power S/Max directly, so I'm working on leveling my entree to get the lower level hatch powers. Just knowing that my nurseries are about to run dry makes me want to stop breeding, so I hatch much fewer eggs nowadays than I used to.

Bluemiracle

Biologist
Rank 10 Nurseries are extremely useful. Level 5 warm (which occupies 6 out of 15 slots) will hatch anything, and hatching 9-10k step pokemon instantly is pretty awesome. But yeah, even running 5 nurseries, I can't get through more than 2 boxes of eggs.

Black/White 2 don't seem to support Hatch Power S/Max directly, so I'm working on leveling my entree to get the lower level hatch powers. Just knowing that my nurseries are about to run dry makes me want to stop breeding, so I hatch much fewer eggs nowadays than I used to.

Thats why I added 'Assuming you save the game before recieving 5 eggs at a time.' which means I would SR every time I hatched all 5 eggs and no shiny came out from them ^^

Last edited:

JohnNiles

Thats why I added 'Assuming you save the game before recieving 5 eggs at a time.' which means I would SR every time I hatched all 5 eggs and no shiny came out from them ^^

I missed that part. Yeah, that'll work, especially with the oval charm increasing egg production rates. I've never done it that way myself, probably because I like to breed for IVs at the same time.

Bluemiracle

Biologist
I missed that part. Yeah, that'll work, especially with the oval charm increasing egg production rates. I've never done it that way myself, probably because I like to breed for IVs at the same time.

Just got the Oval Charm so I'm looking forward to this possibility. And yeah, the down side of this is indeed the IV selection... but at least the nature can be controled with everstone

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
catch a magnemite, deposit it on the GTS for another magnemite of any level, wait for a while for someone to trade their magnemite for it, and then you have 'interacted' with that person so they will appear at your join avenue. Repeat over and over to get lots of people to come :)

Thanks and awww man I have no wifi snapping turtles.
my join avenue is like lv 6 lol I don't have much time to play it.

silicon

Swordsman

Gym leaders don't always appear in the same lane. I've seen gym leaders four times now and I know I've had them in at least 3 lanes, and coming from both directions.

Zoruagible

All of my shops but Janus Fitness are now Rank 4 and i'm almost to Rank 13. GTS Negiotiations helps

Status
Not open for further replies.