• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Join Avenue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I have a clarificatory question. So now I finally get what connectivity methods ensure a truly responsive Avenue (GTS Nego is one of them) and so I want to ask, since I already recruited my friend (who has Black2 and he now runs my Dojo) but we only connected via GTS so I don't have his activities and stuff like that. If I encounter him on GTS Nego, will his shop be automatically updated with the information, or will I have to build over his shop so I can recruit him again later?

It will be automatically updated.

I did it with my own Black, when I changed my trainer class and trade again with my B2, the shopkeeper's sprite gets updated.

k_tribal

It will be automatically updated.

I did it with my own Black, when I changed my trainer class and trade again with my B2, the shopkeeper's sprite gets updated.

Thanks for all your help Shine! :D

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
I got Sacred Ash from the Antique Shop today. Also got an Everstone and a few shards, but, as usual, a bunch of Hard Stones. I'm at Rank 29, and most of my shops are at Rank 10, with a few still stuck at Rank 9. I've given up on Magnemite Coiling for a while, and I'm relying on Dream World friends at this point.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
yeah, I don't think Coiling still works now, I think most people who abused it in the past no longer needs it.

In fact, I consider myself very lucky if I can get 5 Magnemite trades in just 1 hour.

Most of the Magnemite are either already traded to someone else, or is requesting something that's not Magnemite (seriously, it's called Magnemite Coil for a reason, stop requesting something that's not Magnemite -_-)

I also use the DW now, it's more reliable, I always get at least 10 visitors.

Rakurai

I stopped relying on it a while ago after I noticed the lack of trades.

Now I just use the GTS negotiations and Dream World instead.

Bionickai001

Hive Trainer
Join Avenue has been great but I keep getting hung up on shops that come from Black or White. I never get the game generated fans for it and hardly any Dream World people use their Black or White game. Does anyone have a Black Florist or White Dojo?

Bathrezz

Most of the Magnemite are either already traded to someone else, or is requesting something that's not Magnemite (seriously, it's called Magnemite Coil for a reason, stop requesting something that's not Magnemite -_-)
Yea thats me, im so guilty :( Only because one day i decided i wanted a Milotic so i deposited a Mag and seeked a Milotic, then 2days later when I went on the GTS, someone sent me one! But it was a hacked lev1 version to which i didnt care. Now Hopefulloy someone might send me a hacked Latias .... or a legit one.

k_tribal

That's funny, I Coiled for an hour yesterday and managed to fill out my 12 visitors easily. People are still using the Coil, it's just a matter of cycling through the search parameters.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
That's funny, I Coiled for an hour yesterday and managed to fill out my 12 visitors easily. People are still using the Coil, it's just a matter of cycling through the search parameters.

I did cycle through the filters. Level 1-10, 11-20, and 21-30, and I keep changing the country, going from Japan, to US, to South Korea, Canada, Australia, Spain, France, and Germany.
Yet most of the trades are either has been taken by someone else or is requesting something that's not Magnemite.

Though it doesn't really matter for me, with DW giving me enough visitors, I usually won't need more than 2-5 Magnemite trades per day anyway.

Ausgirl

I've only just started trading magnemites to increase the flow of people who visit my Join Avenue and it's working for me. What I do is put a magnemite up for trade for a magnemite and then check back in like an hour and bam another magnemite arrives. I don't even bother catching new magnemites, I just trade whatever I get back over the gts.

However when I try to select someone who wants a magnemite I get the message that the trade has already been completed or something along those lines.

Last edited:

k_tribal

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Magnemite Coiling? Huh, never heard of it. And why is it specifically Magnemite anyway? I would think that any other trade for the same Pokemon (even something even more common, like Rattata) would work as well. Maybe Magnemite is just popular or something.

Ausgirl

Magnemite Coiling? Huh, never heard of it. And why is it specifically Magnemite anyway? I would think that any other trade for the same Pokemon (even something even more common, like Rattata) would work as well. Maybe Magnemite is just popular or something.

Because it can be found early in the game and with magnet pull it's basically as common as rattata. I just did like five magnemite for magnemite trades in about a minute on the gts and well it works. I only just opened my Join Avenue a few days ago and it's already on level 3.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
It's just really a matter of luck, timing, and quick page refresh whenever you log into GTS for Magnamite trades.

Sometimes, coiling is best done during the day because many Japanese are present. Sometimes during the evening...
It really depends...

If I can't find a trade, then I'll leave it online. Wait for 3-5 minutes, then I have a new one. Then start looking for trades again. Rinse and repeat.

Flame Mistress

I also usually get at least ten people an hour from Coiling, and once I even got fifteen. The other day I only got three, though. I have no idea why. I guess it just depends.

Yay! Thru the work of CPU-generated fans and a few self-trades over local wireless, I've reached rank 10 in my Join Avenue, and named it Dragon Ave! I also have my barber shop, one of my cafés, market, and raffle shop rank 5, my antique shop rank 3, my dojo rank 2, and my florist and spare café (to become a nursery after I get avenue rank 15) are stuck at rank 1.

k_tribal

Hey there, would anyone like to help me out here? I am building my dream Join Avenue of shopkeepers with full data (so we will have to meet one time in WFC and then another in GTS Nego). I am looking for the following persons:

A male Ace Trainer for my Market.
A female Lass for the Salon.
A male Hiker or a female Ranger for the Cafe (because a bear who can cook is <3)
And any Youngster/Toddler for the Lottery

If you're looking for an active player with all answered questions and whatnot, then I can also set mine to whatever settings you like. I can open a Nursery. Please message me if you're willing to help. I'll even throw in a Master Ball/elemental stone for your trouble. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.