• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Join Avenue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thowra

The Silver Brumby
Do you guys have one of every shop, or more than one type? Currently I have all 8 different types in my shop, but I'm finding a some shops (raffle and antique store in particular) to be somewhat useless and I want to replace them. Only problem is some visitors only want to visit those shops, so I'm a bit iffy to just boot them from my avenue.

Rakurai

You'll never get visitors who want to visit a shop you don't have, as far as I've noticed.

The sole exception I've heard of is visitors who want to go a shop that has a male or female clerk, but otherwise, you can have as many duplicate stores as you'd like with no real repercussions.

Thowra

The Silver Brumby
You'll never get visitors who want to visit a shop you don't have, as far as I've noticed.

The sole exception I've heard of is visitors who want to go a shop that has a male or female clerk, but otherwise, you can have as many duplicate stores as you'd like with no real repercussions.

Ah, bummer, my raffle and antique stores are the only ones with female clerks :(

Guess I'd better hunt around on GTS and negotiations.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
Do you guys have one of every shop, or more than one type? Currently I have all 8 different types in my shop, but I'm finding a some shops (raffle and antique store in particular) to be somewhat useless and I want to replace them. Only problem is some visitors only want to visit those shops, so I'm a bit iffy to just boot them from my avenue.

I have one of each shop. The raffle and antique shop are the ones I use the most, the raffle shop simply because it's free. The antique shop has rare items sometimes. I got several Everstones, evolution stones, fossils, heart scales and I got Sacred Ash once too. Most of the time, I get Nuggets, Pearls, Float Stones or Hard Stones, but the maniac in Icirrus City buys all of those, so I end up making my money back.

I just replaced my level 10 flower shop and salon that were run by in-game NPCs with a new flower shop and salon, run by people I met on the Dream World.

PokeCrossbow

Pokemon Hunter
Just got my Antique shop to level 10, still waiting for breeding shop (I believe my avenue is level 17 or something).
Do I have to meet the day-care first before I get people's option to be breeders?

Lorenzo The Comic

Pokémon Maniac
I got my first Antique shop and I'm only at Rank 27. I didn't make any Pokémon eggs before I could get to have Nursery...
...and Game Sync ran out of energy...

Last edited:

Ausgirl

I just had a visitor which gave me like 800+ points! She practically went to like every shop in my Join Avenue, which is now mostly run by people over GTS negotiations.

Rakurai

I've found that I can usually max out a shop in a week's time just by using the daily visitors and Dream World visitors, which makes keeping the discount active relatively easy.

In any case, I only have 10 levels until my avenue is maxed out, and I can collect my extremely underwhelming reward of a Comet Shard.

When you switch a shop out for a different one is the new shop the same level as the old one? I'm thinking of changing mine a bit because I only have one male shop keeper (who runs the barber shop) and most of my few visitors want to "make their pokemon beautiful" or visit a male shop keeper. I'm thinking I should switch some of my female shopkeepers for males because my salon is lvl 4 while the rest of my shops are lvl 1 or 2 XD.

Rakurai

If you replace an existing shop with one run by a different character, it'll be level 1.

If you ask a shopkeeper to change to a different shop (Either as a result of inviting a fan who can run a Nursery post E4 or a player who decided to change their preferred shop after you invited them), then it'll retain its level.

NZRulz

Hey man i added your friend code to help you with the Join Avenue. If you want to add my friend code its 2323 4629 5325. thanks man :)

NZRulz

I am Currently looking for people to help me with the Join Avenue and possible trading and battling. my friend code is 2323 4629 5325. Thanks Guys :) i would be happy to return th favor :)

randomspot555

I am Currently looking for people to help me with the Join Avenue and possible trading and battling. my friend code is 2323 4629 5325. Thanks Guys :) i would be happy to return th favor :)

Just hop on the Magnemite chain and use the DW world.

PsychicPsycho

I finally managed to get to Rank 15 today but the Nurserys are so far not coming. Then again I just got to it so I'm not complaining.
Oh that's the trigger. I thought you just had to beat the E4. That happened a month or more ago, and didn't get nurseries until a few days ago (after hitting lvl 15). Although, I had no problems finding one- the first guest I talked to wanted to make one.
Got something from Brazil, though, which is always nice, since it's one of my favourite countries. So now I'm at Rank 21, with one of each shop. I'm also contemplating changing the name of my Join Avenue, though I'm not sure yet.
Brazil's a pretty good country for finding possible trades (which is why I'm annoyed that I'm still missing 1 trade location from there). And I've found Pansear/Pansage/Panpour coiling to be effective, when I tried it. There were a lot of people with monkeys wanting a different one.

I called my avenue Aurora Way, because I'd changed the ceiling to be black/purple/white like stars.
At the Museum today I got, amongst other things, a Helix Fossil, a Moon Stone, an Everstone and a Float Stone. I think that's the best pick of items I've gotten from the Museum, ever.
I get some decent stuff sometimes- I'm pretty sure I got a big nugget once.
I've got one of each, except I've got a 2nd Dojo instead of a Barber. I need to decide what I want to have permanently and get them switched out. And perhaps you could just continually start new shops where your Raffle/Antique shops are to pile up your 'shops started' stat.
I've found that I can usually max out a shop in a week's time just by using the daily visitors and Dream World visitors, which makes keeping the discount active relatively easy.
Keep it active? I thought the discount was permanent. What do you have to do to keep it active?

Rakurai

There's a constantly active discount that goes up to 40% at avenue rank 40.

There's also an additional 50% discount that becomes active for a week once all of the stores in the avenue hit rank 10, which stacks multiplicatively with the aforementioned discount.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
I'm keeping 4 "guest" Berry Growers since I don't have a place to slap them unto yet. I'm going to recruit one of them when all my stalls reach level 10, but I can't decide which one to let go.

Man, I wish they added more space in that thing.

R_N

I'm keeping 4 "guest" Berry Growers since I don't have a place to slap them unto yet. I'm going to recruit one of them when all my stalls reach level 10, but I can't decide which one to let go.

Man, I wish they added more space in that thing.

My plan is to just cycle through them until I clean out their stat up berries. You'll never really need more than a dozen of any given berry on hand so once one maxes out I'll probably have more than enough type berries and stat up berries that I can just replace it with the next guy

Right now I think my end goal is:
3 Nurseries
2 Cafes
2 Dojos
1 Salon

Should make raising teams for the medals a lot easier

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
My plan is to just cycle through them until I clean out their stat up berries. You'll never really need more than a dozen of any given berry on hand so once one maxes out I'll probably have more than enough type berries and stat up berries that I can just replace it with the next guy

Right now I think my end goal is:
3 Nurseries
2 Cafes
2 Dojos
1 Salon

Should make raising teams for the medals a lot easier

Yeah that's my plan too haha. But I want to get the Level 10 Shops discount first and then try to level the new shop for the discount again.

Rakurai

I've found that the higher a player's record for something is, the more likely you are to get a large amount of points when you recommend someone to their shop when they ask about that particular record.

I've gotten more 800 point gains from recommending people to my shopkeeper who's hatched almost 800 Pokemon eggs then any other, for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.