• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Join Avenue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
And wow, you guys are fast. Mine's still Rank 7, and so far most of the shops are still Level 2-3, with only 2 of them being Level 4.
2 of the Level 3 shops will level up soon, though. Just need 1 visitor each.

My Avenue consist of one of each shop....except the Nursery. I have 2 Raffle Shops instead. One of them is still Level 1, and that's the one that will be replaced with a Nursery.
Seriously, at this point I don't mind if it is a visitor generated by my own game or a visitor from another game, I just want someone to open a Nursery ._.

Oh, wow. My avenue is already rank 21, and my Nursery is Rank 7, while the rest are 8 and 9. I went the "have one of each shop" route too, and I've been using the shops more than I expected, especially my Dojo and Beauty Salon. Funny thing that I got a Nurse to open a Nursery as soon as I reached rank 15, too. :p

Also, how low is the chance to get a souvenir anyway? So far only 1 people gave me a souvenir......

I have no idea what the chances are, but for some reason, my Dream Pal visitors like giving me souvenirs. Either it's pure luck, or visiting multiple times has some effect on it.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
As far as I've noticed, visitors will never ask to be directed to a shop that you don't have.

Therefore, I don't think there's much of a disadvantage to not having all of the stores if you don't feel as though you need some of them.
Once an npc asked for a shop with a female clerk and at the time I didn't have one.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
The only reason why my Join Avenue is heavily deserted is because I don't usually pass by all the time.

Having said that, I should really pass by Join Avenue more often when hatching eggs or something.

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
Join Avenue has quickly become one of my favorite new features in B2W2.
Currently I'm rank 12, and I have one of each shop except for Nursery~.

But today I had Roxie come to my avenue, and when I recommended her to a shop, she rewarded me with 1000 points! How often do gym leaders show up?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I just arrived at the Join Avenue place. I had no idea what it was beforehand, but I managed to invite two people to make shops there (my White version persona and some random kid). I recommended some random people to shop there, but only two of them have been interested so far. Anyway, the shopkeepers keep saying "hello" whenever I pass by and they'll occasionally say things like "My God" and "Hey flop" when I'm around, but that seems to be rare as I've only seen them do it twice.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
But today I had Roxie come to my avenue, and when I recommended her to a shop, she rewarded me with 1000 points! How often do gym leaders show up?

I'd actually like to know this, too.

Join Avenue is probably going to be one of the things in BW2 that I spend the most time tinkering with. :)

Rakurai

The only thing you can do to get gym leaders to show up more is increase the number of daily Join Avenue fans who show up (Up to a max of 12).

I can confirm that becoming the Champion and doing musicals increases the number of fans. The PWT and Pokestar Studios can supposedly get you more of them, as well.

I've personally had Drayden, Elesa, and Roxie show up at mine in the 10 days since I became the champion.

Also, something important to keep in mind when they do show up:

There's no point overflow. Meaning, if you were to, say, recommend a gym leader to a shop that was only 50 points away from ranking up or recommend them to any shop period when your avenue is on the verge of ranking up, most of the points will just go to waste.

Last edited:

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Oh. So those side games do have a use after all...

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to go back to my other unpaid jobs to be able to do better on my other...unpaid...job.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
The only thing you can do to get gym leaders to show up more is increase the number of daily Join Avenue fans who show up (Up to a max of 12).

I can confirm that becoming the Champion and doing musicals increases the number of fans. The PWT and Pokestar Studios can supposedly get you more of them, as well.

I've personally had Drayden, Elesa, and Roxie show up at mine in the 10 days since I became the champion.

Doing musicals, huh? Eh, I'd still rather do the PWT to get fans. :/

-Nator-

I traded with my black1 game and my avatar came visiting and set up a shop so BW1 people who run into while trading also come along. Also I noticed any person you interact in a GTS negotiation will end up showing up too whether if you trade anything or not. So if you just want to grab a bunch of people you could just pop into the GTS negotiations a few times or I would imagine playing against random people and throwing the matches to end the fast could be a quick alternative for people. I suppose you could do the whole magnemite thing too.

I don't know this for a fact, but I'm pretty sure with the whole trading the Magnemite thing, you get everyone who has previously owned the Magnemite, including the person you just got it from, to come to your avenue. Depending on the Magnemite, that could very well be hundreds of people.

Rakurai

I only ever get one visitor per GTS trade I make.

The dream world, on the other hand, has every single player who's visited my house show up whenever I access it, which makes it a nice, reliable way of getting a lot of visitors.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I don't know this for a fact, but I'm pretty sure with the whole trading the Magnemite thing, you get everyone who has previously owned the Magnemite, including the person you just got it from, to come to your avenue. Depending on the Magnemite, that could very well be hundreds of people.

Why is it Magnemite... and just Magnemite?

Rakurai

I'd guess it's because Magnemite is the first genderless Pokemon you have access to in B/W 2, which makes searching for it on the GTS a simpler task.

R_N

Once you get a Magnemite it's easy enough to get more, is the idea.
Magnet Pull makes Steel types more common, Magnemite is the only steel type in the Complex and so...

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
My best guess is people chose Magnemite because it is quite common in the game... and it's a lot easier focusing on one specific Pokemon for a particular gimmick like this.

I guess... but wouldn't Purrloin or Patrat have worked, too? :/

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Perhaps, but they're still not quite as common as Magnemite in BW2, at least I don't think they are.
Plus, Magnemite is a little more of an appealing Pokemon overall.

You definitely have the appeal factor of Magnemite down. I'm pretty sure that Purrloin and Patrat are more common than Magnemite though, in terms of percentage.

Rakurai

Has anyone managed to get any game record information on another player in the avenue yet?

I thought that having them as a Dream World friend would work, but it didn't.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Has anyone managed to get any game record information on another player in the avenue yet?

I thought that having them as a Dream World friend would work, but it didn't.

I seem to get the other trainer's game record when you trade Pokemon locally (not GTS).

Status
Not open for further replies.