• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Join Avenue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilpulp

美的
My Join Avenue is quite hopping. I have a few shops, and have reached the second level! :D

One thing that really disturbs me is the ongoing Magnemite Coil.
http://i.imgur.com/K1Bi5.png

It's a simple system, but it lags Nintendo's Servers to the point of disconnection every minute.

I read that, but still don't understand it.

And from what I know won't everyone end up with the same shops once they fill their lots?

-Nator-

I am now at Rank 10 in JA. Magnemite coiling has helped significantly.
At this rate I should reach a new rank per day.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I am now at Rank 10 in JA. Magnemite coiling has helped significantly.
At this rate I should reach a new rank per day.
Coiling, lol.

Anyway, those random npcs asking questions. I don't think I've found any info on how they work. Anyone know?

gliscor&yanmega

Coiling, lol.

Anyway, those random npcs asking questions. I don't think I've found any info on how they work. Anyone know?

I believe they are there to determine what kind of shop you would open and what kind of shop you'd want to go to when your player gets sent to another Join Avenue. I haven't really seen any in-depth details on it, I believe Serebii has a little:
http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/joinavenue.shtml (Under the "Leveling Up" title, near the bottom).

Last edited:

Draknir

Fear the Deer
I was enjoying using the Join Avenue for completing my Pokedex, namely for Friendship evolutions. However, I found something out that really is angering. Apparently when you buy one of the things to level up a Pokemon, it won't evolve even if it is a level evolution. I wasted ~13300 to level up my Shelgon for it to evolve only to find out it wouldn't.

Don't get me wrong, the Join Avenue is fun. It was really fun to see myself from three other games in it (I had traded with my Black, White, and Japanese White).

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I believe they are there to determine what kind of shop you would open and what kind of shop you'd want to go to when your player gets sent to another Join Avenue. I haven't really seen any in-depth details on it, I believe Serebii has a little:
http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/joinavenue.shtml (Under the "Leveling Up" title, near the bottom).
I don't see anything about them there.

I was discussing Join Avenue with a friend and they read something about the male ace trainer in your office possibly being the way to determine what shop your npc self makes in others' Join Avenue. I notice as I rank up my Join Avenue, that I got a new option of café. Don't know if my npc does offer to start a café for others, but it seems like it would work that way.

But yea, I still don't know about the random questioners except that they might share your answers with others?

gliscor&yanmega

I don't see anything about them there.

I was discussing Join Avenue with a friend and they read something about the male ace trainer in your office possibly being the way to determine what shop your npc self makes in others' Join Avenue. I notice as I rank up my Join Avenue, that I got a new option of café. Don't know if my npc does offer to start a café for others, but it seems like it would work that way.

But yea, I still don't know about the random questioners except that they might share your answers with others?

What I'm referring to is:
Dotted around the main office of the Join Avenue, and the avenue itself are people who will ask you questions. These questions will then be set for when you appear in other people's games in other in order for some people to hunt for the particular store in question
I want to wander around the avenue. There's only one person I like... Is there anyone who understands such a feeling?
I want to wander around the avenue. There's no one I especially like... Is there anyone who understands such a feeling?
I want to wander around the avenue. I like a lot of people... Is there anyone who understands such a feeling?
I want to wander around the avenue. I'm not interested in liking someone. Is there anyone who understands such a feeling?
I want to go to a shop where a reliable big brother or big sister is working.
I want to go to a shop where a middle child is working. I bet that person would be very helpful.
I want to go to a shop where a little brother or little sister is working.
I want to go to a shop where an only child is working.
I want to make friends. Is there anyone who has a lot of young male friends?
I want to make friends. Is there anyone who has a lot of young female friends?
I want to make friends. Is there anyone who has a lot of male friends?
I want to make friends. Is there anyone who has a lot of female friends?
I want to make friends. Is there anyone who has a lot of middle-aged male friends?
I want to make friends. Is there anyone who has a lot of middle-aged female friends?
I want to make friends. Is there anyone who has a lot of elderly male friends?
I want to make friends. Is there anyone who has a lot of elderly female friends?
I heard there is a shop featuring coolness as a selling point...
I heard there is a shop featuring beauty as a selling point...
I heard there is a shop featuring cuteness as a selling point...
I heard there is a shop featuring cleverness as a selling point...
I heard there is a shop featuring toughness as a selling point...
I want to make friends. Do you know anyone who would confess their feelings to someone they like?
I want to make friends. Do you know anyone who would wait for the person they like to approach them?
I want to make friends. Do you know a very meticulous person?
I want to make friends. Do you know a very sloppy person?
I want to make friends. Is there a person whose room is likely to be neat?
I want to make friends. Is there a person whose room is messy?
I want to go to a shop run by a person who thinks a dream is something to make come true!
I want to go to a shop run by a person who thinks a dream is something to give up.
Is there a person who thinks rules are something to follow no matter what?
Is there a person who thinks rules are something to create rather than follow?
Is there a person who thinks rules are something to break rather than follow?
Is there a person who thinks effort is more important than talent?
Is there a person who thinks talent is more important than effort?
I want to go to a shop run by a happy person who forgets a bad thing easily.
I want to go to a shop run by a serious person who dwells on a bad thing for a while.
I want to go to a shop run by an impatient person.
I want to go to a shop run by a laid-back person.
I want to go to a shop run by a person who loves to chat.
I want to go to a shop run by a good listener.
Is there a tight-lipped person who keeps secrets?
Is there a loose-tongued person who can't keep secrets?

Sounds more like it's to guide people to shops I guess.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Yea, that's not the same thing I'm talking about. Those are when you talk to wandering npcs and select recomend. I'm talking about the npcs who are pretty stationary and ask you questions.

gliscor&yanmega

Yea, that's not the same thing I'm talking about. Those are when you talk to wandering npcs and select recomend. I'm talking about the npcs who are pretty stationary and ask you questions.

They are the same thing:
Dotted around the main office of the Join Avenue, and the avenue itself are people who will ask you questions. These questions will then be set for when you appear in other people's games in other in order for some people to hunt for the particular store in question

The stuff listed after is the results after answering the questions(I recognize some of them from the questions some of the NPC ask me).

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
That still seems a little...I dunno. I noticed that, at least for the fans and my npc from Black version, that while the shop they want to open is set, what they are looking for is randomly suggested. What I mean is, if I save before going in to my Join Avenue, I can keep sring for them to want to go to certain shops.

But again, haven't tryed it, I think, with any npcs of real players using B2W2.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Exactly how does Join Avenue work? I tried lookin on the main site but I never completely understood

Kabloosh

I don't know this for a fact, but I'm pretty sure with the whole trading the Magnemite thing, you get everyone who has previously owned the Magnemite, including the person you just got it from, to come to your avenue. Depending on the Magnemite, that could very well be hundreds of people.

I doubt that is the case. You can get people just by interacting with them through any online thing. Dream World has probably gotta cause the largest influx for me. After doing a bunch of GTS negotiations has to be a distant second depending on how many people I want to attempt to trade with. Most people trading there wants shinies though. That is really difficult considering after playing 3 different titles in the past 2 months I have yet to see a single shiny.

1quacka1

Lazy Collector
I only have 5 badges, but I've gotten distracted by the Join Avenue. The Magnemite Chain is crazy, just watching GTS trades on the PGL shows that. Soooooooo many magnemites are traded. It's at level 13ish right now. Dream World is good for hits, so is GTS negotiations as you only have to connect to the person for it to count. I have 2 gyms, 3 florists, lottery, shop. For the 8th I wanna get another florist so I have florists from all 4 games (the 8th slot is currently a dupe of a higher ranked florist). I wanna complete the berry dex (as much as it can be completed), though that means 203 battles on subway >.<

One thing that bugs me though is "I want to go there! you know there!"- is there a way to know which shop they're referring to?

R_N

Exactly how does Join Avenue work? I tried lookin on the main site but I never completely understood

People will pass through your Avenue every day (the exact amount depends on your Rank) and you can Invite them to open a shop or Recommend them to an existing shop to up the Shop's popularity points and Ranking (which extends the options they sell you).
The people that pass through your Avenue will either be Fans (NPCs that have preset shops they can open; when you recommend them to other shops they give a % of an actual recommendation) or it will be an actual player.
You get players to pass through your avenue by:
-Passing them with the C-Gear
-Trading with them through GTS
-Having a person visit your Dream World home
-Wireless/IR communications in general

Rakurai

One thing that bugs me though is "I want to go there! you know there!"- is there a way to know which shop they're referring to?

They want to go to a male shopkeeper.

Even vaguer is "Take me somewhere! Anywhere!", since that implies they have no preference in shops whatsoever, when they again want to go to a male shopkeeper.

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
So let's say I have a Florist that's Rank 7, but I replace it with a Cafe. Will the Cafe start over at Rank 1?

Rakurai

Yeah.

The only exception to this is if you ask a fan to change the shop they're running (Applies to fans who run one shop prior to the E4, but run nurseries pst E4). You can freely have them switch between a nursery and whatever their original shop was once a day without reducing the rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.