• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Join Avenue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskas

Cat Food
I really like the idea of Join Avenue.
I'm only at Rank 7 or something. My DS died a few days ago. Too lazy to charge it.

Mokepon22

Is it me or does the guy that supposedly loves Join Avenue and loves the people in the avenue not know anything about anybody? I swear, everybody's history he doesn't know...he doesn't know when their adventure started, if they've entered the HoF, the Pokemon in their Pokedex, etc :/

randomspot555

Is it me or does the guy that supposedly loves Join Avenue and loves the people in the avenue not know anything about anybody? I swear, everybody's history he doesn't know...he doesn't know when their adventure started, if they've entered the HoF, the Pokemon in their Pokedex, etc :/

That's probably because those people are those from Black/White 1 and likely don't have a Join Avenue and the way to transfer that info and whatnot.

Mokepon22

That's probably because those people are those from Black/White 1 and likely don't have a Join Avenue and the way to transfer that info and whatnot.

Ohhhhhhhhh...and there's no way to tell beforehand what version they're playing

Rakurai

He won't ever have any information on the players running shops in your avenue unless you communicated with them in a specific way.

Any local wireless interactions, GTS Negotiations, and I believe random battles will give you information.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Well, yeah, the only problem is that none of my visitors are asking me those things. They all want a female clerk, and my Nursery clerk is male, unfortunately enough...

I'm very sure you should've read a part of my post that mentioned about soft-resetting the visitors generated by the game ;)

That really helps.

Also, I'll say it again, go to your office, talk to the "Future" NPC, and set the preferred shop as the Nursery.

k_tribal

Am I the only one obssessing and being anal about which shopkeepers should own a specific shop?
Like my first Nursery was managed by a Biker I think and it bothered me so much, until Hiker Jaylen came around wanting to open a Nursery (which I thought pretty adorable really) until FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY my Nursery is now being managed by Nurse Jess.

I'm at level 37 currently and over 500 people referred. I can't imagine how many it will take to level up to 100 :O

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
My Join Avenue is barely at Rank 9; I've only leveled it up by recommending shops to the characters that show up once a day, every day. I managed to upgrade the Markets into Shops at least, and I also changed the pattern on the ceiling. I also added a Cafe, although it's still at Rank 2. I don't even bother buying items there anymore. It's just something I maintain since it's fairly easy.

PsychicPsycho

I think mine is at level 12- like the previous poster, I've mostly used the once-a-day visitors to level it up. I think I've only got 7 people a day- is there a way to get more? I've been through all the Pokestar movies, but I've heard musicals can add fans, too- I haven't done any of those.

Also, how do you get gym leaders to come by? Cheren randomly showed up the other day, but he's the only one I've seen.
I'm very sure you should've read a part of my post that mentioned about soft-resetting the visitors generated by the game ;)
Ah, ok. I wondered why a particular Hiker's request changed after I turned off the game. At first, he wanted to go to a store with a country look, so I sent him to the Antique store, but he wasn't happy, which confused me. What's more country looking then that? To me no other store looks remotely countryish.

k_tribal

Also, how do you get gym leaders to come by? Cheren randomly showed up the other day, but he's the only one I've seen.
Ah, ok. I wondered why a particular Hiker's request changed after I turned off the game. At first, he wanted to go to a store with a country look, so I sent him to the Antique store, but he wasn't happy, which confused me. What's more country looking then that? To me no other store looks remotely countryish.

I don't think the Musical adds fans that go to your Avenue. I may be wrong but I think doing well in Musicals gives you fans that wait for you out in the lobby and give you props for future Musical use.

http://serebii.net/black2white2/joinavenue.shtml
^ list of recommendations for visitors

Country-looking is the Berry shop I believe.

k_tribal

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/661226-pokemon-black-version-2/64347250
^Magnemite Coil
The trick with coiling is to just keep changing parameters of your search. I find that alternating between levels 1-10/ANY in the US will eventually show a trader with an untraded Magnemite.

And as for Candyson's question, the Dream World is by far one of the best, I get 10-12 visitors every day from it. The only downside is, you can only do so when you have lots of contacts in the DW, and you can only do this once every 20 hours.

Lucille

Join Avenue was definitely a cool mechanic that was introduced. I'm only on Rank 5 right now... It's hard to remember to check back every day

Flame Mistress

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/661226-pokemon-black-version-2/64347250
^Magnemite Coil
The trick with coiling is to just keep changing parameters of your search. I find that alternating between levels 1-10/ANY in the US will eventually show a trader with an untraded Magnemite.
It's even better to switch between countries, since no one really bothers to look for them, so there are almost always some ungraded ones floating around from countries like Germany or Italy. It fills up your Geonet and Unity Tower, too, so it's doubly useful.

PsychicPsycho

I don't think the Musical adds fans that go to your Avenue. I may be wrong but I think doing well in Musicals gives you fans that wait for you out in the lobby and give you props for future Musical use.
Hmmm, perhaps I misunderstood then- thanks.
^Magnemite Coil
Oh, so basically making trades you don't really need to get more visitors. Lol, I'm an expert in that from doing my GTS thing (trading with all location).
It's even better to switch between countries, since no one really bothers to look for them, so there are almost always some ungraded ones floating around from countries like Germany or Italy.
Whenever I'm looking for a pokemon, the only contries I find worth the time to search for specifically are Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, S. Korea, the United Kingdom and the U.S.

k_tribal

Yep going in between 'popular' countries and switching between level parameters ANY, 1-10, and 11-20 is fun too. My favorite countries are NZ, FR, GBR, CA, and Espana. Sometimes Germany and Italy. If I'm bored I often try the unpopular ones too, I have this Magnemite from an African country I really really like. ;)

Hydreigon6507

I got my White 2 Join Avenue to Rank 17 the other day, and I have one shop of every type now (yay!). I got a Nursery by getting my Raffle to switch over (she wanted to), but it made it so I had to get a new Raffle. Ironically, my new Raffle is only Rank 2 or 3 and I got a PP Max the other day while my old one almost always gave me Berry Juice. Regardless, I finally met my goal of having one shop of every type. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.