• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Join Avenue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
So far only Skyla visited me. Rank 19 or 20, I believe. When she gave me 1,000 points I nearly had a heart attack! Is there any way to make their visits more regular or is it completely based on luck?

I managed to get a Nursery right after talking to a second or third fan right after they told me I could build them. So lucky!

^ That's positive
I love join avenue! Recently used it to train a timid latias with ?/?/30/?/?/30 IVs (used the person in gear station)! And the thing is, I wasn't even trying! I just wanted to catch latias in white 2, and 30 ultra ball and much head banging later, I had an unintentional timid latias with decent IVs!
Also, I would like to point out that, to my knowledge, the shop you open is determined solely by your ID number. The "future" assistant allows you to change the shop that more fans go to. For instance, if you set your "future" shop to cafe, it would be more likely for your fans to want to go there.

Last edited:

Rakurai

It's not determined by your ID if you connect with a player via certain methods I've mentioned multiple times previously.

I can confirm that from linking with my brother over local wireless, as his character would always open the shop he chose as his future, and his character would also offer to change their current shop to whatever was currently selected as his future if they had opened a shop already.

MasterK

Just an empty shell
I love Join Avenue! It's an excellent feature, in my opinion. The shops are also very useful.
The only Gym Leader I ever got was Marlon. I remember it well.

"Oh hey, another person. Hey, he's got blue hair, is he an ace-OMG THATS MARLON!"

He asked for a shop with a nice carefree nature. I recommended him to my Raffle Shop, and he loved it, and I was relieved.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
So a few days ago, I asked whether or not the shops that NPC fans wanted changed somehow, and the answer I got was that they could be soft reset. Which is nice and all, but now I'm not getting any different results from soft resetting before I enter the Avenue for the day anymore. ):

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
^ You're just unlucky. I've SR for the fans and I have gotten different outcomes at times.

I don't know... I've soft reset my game like twenty or so times already. They would always change their responses after one or two soft resets, but now they don't change them at all.

I can tell they're NPC fans, too, because they don't say anything along the lines of "Hey, how was that Magnemite that I traded over to you?" or anything like that. :/

Rakurai

I added an antique shop to my avenue for the first time earlier this week out of curiosity.

I place its usefulness lower then the lottery, since most of the non-Hard Stone items are pretty worthless, whereas you can never have enough PP Ups and Rare Candies.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
The only gym leaders that visited mine were Marlon,Cheren(Twice),Roxie,and Elesa(I think).

Most of my shops are level 8 or 9 Except the nursery and the berry shop. I can never find anyone who likes those two places

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Most of my shops are level 8 or 9 Except the nursery and the berry shop. I can never find anyone who likes those two places

then set your preference to either one of those two shops

R_N

I added an antique shop to my avenue for the first time earlier this week out of curiosity.

I place its usefulness lower then the lottery, since most of the non-Hard Stone items are pretty worthless, whereas you can never have enough PP Ups and Rare Candies.

I actually love the Antique shops
Yeah getting things like Float stones or Hard Stones blows but the additional fossils, Shards (especially these, can never have enough shards), and evolution items are always nice to get.
Plus they're cheap and they benefit the most from leveling up if only by virtue of having more than 1 shot at getting anything good like the Lottery.

Scrufox86

I have one of each of the shops in my join avenue. The only thing that is bugging me right now is reading about training level 10 and 20 for dojo but not knowing how to unlock them?

pink

Pink Trainer
I have one of each too, I feel the raffle is pretty much useless, but I kinda like the fact i have one of each... I'm a huge fan of the antique shop, I just save before and buy everything, if i get enough "good items" then i just go, if not, i soft reset lol, I've got a looot of evolution stones this way, and shards... gotta love shards XD.

Meowth City

Staff member
Yeah, I think the antique shops have more use than the lottery. I don't really have an immediate need for any of the items given as prizes. Antique shops are the only way to get multiples of the Cover/Plume fossils as far as I know, so that's a good thing. In fact, I'm considering replacing my museum from a Black 2 game with one from White/2 for this reason or have them both. Not to mention, I'm still holding out for a Sacred Ash if I'm lucky.

In other news, I'm going to be opening all four florists over time, in order to get those exclusive berries. Not all at once, mind. I think, in the end, I'll keep one or two after I'm done with that.

Kian D

Grandmaster of time
I visit the raffle shop most of the time ( So that one day I could get my hands on that master ball!!!!)

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I don't use it at all.

A lot of people are just too lazy to develop their Join Avenue. I was like how you are, too, but when I found out the plethora of advantages, I just couldn't resist.

It's not that hard to develop your Avenue, either. All it takes is a lot of time, though, which is a good thing, since the rewards you get are well worth the wait. :)

Rakurai

It's so much more convenient to just be able to go to Join Avenue, and buy all of the EVs I need for my Pokemon in about two minutes of time then it is to infect them with Pokerus, then go fight some 30ish battles to max them out

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
It's so much more convenient to just be able to go to Join Avenue, and buy all of the EVs I need for my Pokemon in about two minutes of time then it is to infect them with Pokerus, then go fight some 30ish battles to max them out

Yup, there's almost no point in getting Pokérus anymore for practical purposes. :p

I find that the free level-up meals and training programs there are also really helpful, although that's pretty much saving five minutes over sacrificing 12000 Pokédollars.

My White2 avenue is now rank 22 with a rank 10 beauty salon set up by my Black2 character. His next-highest ranked shop is a rank 8 café set up by my White1 character, and the rest of his shops are random fan-made shops all ranks 5-7.

My Black2 avenue just hit rank 20 this morning, and has two rank 8 shops set up by my White2 (raffle shop) and Black1 (café) characters. The rest of her shops are ranks 4-7 and fan-generated.

Status
Not open for further replies.