1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure: Part 3 Stardust Crusaders

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Skiks, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Skiks

Skiks MUCH RESPECT

It's finally almost here have a trailer. Seems like there will be a character trailer every week for 4 weeks. If you want something to do in the meantime go watch Parts 1 and 2 right now.

2. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

Watched the first two OVAs just last November, lol. Have of yet to watch the movie and 2012 TV series, but from what I gather, the TV series is basically a prequel. Still, it looks like it's just going to be a reanimated Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, so I'm not going to get anything new out of it, probably. May watch anyway, though I really did prefer the dub over the sub when I was watching the OVAs (had to watch one episode subbed, didn't really enjoy that episode much), so I don't know how well I'm going to handle the sub.

Kinda weird, in all honesty.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  3. Skiks

Skiks MUCH RESPECT

Trust me Part 3 OVAs skipped a lot of the material to get to the main event with the big boss. Part 3 Anime is gonna have a few new things for sure.
    I wouldn't call the first parts prequels persay as they were made long before part 3. Jojo manga is basically a continuous story that's still published today.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  4. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

All right, but it still looks like we'll be going through the same things we've seen before reaching the "newer" additions. So would that mean this is going to be two-cour?

I said the TV series is a prequel, I understand the OVAs are Part 3. And I think I heard that Part 7 of the manga is still in the works, unless it recently finished. Or was that more for the English translation?

5. Eternal Darkness

Eternal Darkness Eternal Evil

I can't wait for the poses

6. Skiks

Skiks MUCH RESPECT

Part 3 is very long and should take a full season minimum. Part 7 ended and we're now on part 8. I dunno if the anime will ever get that far. The English manga sadly may never be picked up again in the USA due to copyright issues since some stands use song names or band names making it tricky to use here.

7. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

8. Skiks

Skiks MUCH RESPECT

Yes you should. This series to have more impact if you plan on watching this one if you get around to watching the last two parts.
    Edit:Avdul says hi.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    Ke$ha likes this.
  9. Eternal Darkness

The first episode was nothing short of great

Ke$ha likes this.
  10. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

I need to remind myself every Friday to get myself a snack before I watch an episode, because hot damn, all of that ham makes me hungry. The dub was still silly, but the original sure likes to accentuate its chewing of the scenery, lol.

It has a neat, clean style thanks to being digital, but I think I slightly prefer the gritty cel look of the OVAs better. Although I might actually enjoy this a little better since it's only 24 minutes long each and not 30 minutes, but I don't think it truly matters. I'm having some nice flashbacks to the OVAs, and it's surprisingly welcoming, it's like a nice refresher. The OVAs only had 13 episodes, but this'll be twice that length, so I'm looking forward to that.

I should get around to watching the prequel, though... been meaning to do that.

11. SlimeStack

SlimeStack Well-Known Member

It felt like I had died and gone to heaven when Crunchyroll announced that they got all 3 parts to the new JoJo anime. They also seem to have the entire thing uncut and uncensored too (I remember people being worried about licensing issues with the use of Roundabout and such).

First episode was amazing. I had no prior exposure to JoJo before the 2012 anime, so this is the first I'm seeing of Stands and they're ****ing awesome. The art style is fantastic too. Jotaro seems cool. Can't wait for more!

Ke$ha likes this.
  12. Charizard Champion#06

13. Skiks

Skiks MUCH RESPECT

14. Jolteon91

Jolteon91 iDOLM@STER Fanboy

I was wondering how they could make this show better than the first season, then they went and got Ono Daisuke to voice Joutarou.

First episode was great, eagerly awaiting more.

15. hawkeye721

hawkeye721 なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!

Pretty good episode, I expected them to cover more chapters though

16. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

That first episode is probably the best thing I've seen in anime since Gintama. I dare say it's even better than the first season was.

17. Charizard Champion#06

Colour me unimpressed by that OP. Nowhere near as godly as the first season's I'm afraid.

Good episode though, mostly because of ORAORARORAORA.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  18. Eternal Darkness

The new ED is great. Anyone who says otherwise is clearly wrong

19. hawkeye721

hawkeye721 なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!

It's not the ED. They announced via twitter the ED would premeir next week.

20. Eternal Darkness

Didn't know that. Still a good song