• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure: Part 3 Stardust Crusaders

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Still amazing as always. That OP is great, like how it looks and all that.

Since I haven't read the manga, I can't exactly say which scene is closer to the manga: the girl from the OVA (whom I think called herself Jojo's girlfriend even though it was clear he didn't care for her) being the one who was possessed, or the nurse. Jojo got stabbed with different writing utensils when comparing the two, but it was in the same place. I'm tempted to say the nurse stabbing the student in the eye was the one in the manga, though now I question why the OVAs changed that scene... so perhaps it's this particular adaptation that's different?

Either way, I'm not complaining because it was still awesome.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT

Since I haven't read the manga, I can't exactly say which scene is closer to the manga: the girl from the OVA (whom I think called herself Jojo's girlfriend even though it was clear he didn't care for her) being the one who was possessed, or the nurse. Jojo got stabbed with different writing utensils when comparing the two, but it was in the same place. I'm tempted to say the nurse stabbing the student in the eye was the one in the manga, though now I question why the OVAs changed that scene... so perhaps it's this particular adaptation that's different?

The OVAs don't care much for accuracy. This adaption like the last two is word for word. Theres plenty of changes here and there that will make this worth watching. Next week's opening scene will hopefully fix the small thing that always bugged me about the OVA when they deal with the thing in Kakyoin's head.

Abstinence Pistols

The second episode really got me hooked on this one. My problem with the first two was that they dragged out scenes way too long, but they seemed to do it well so far. Granted, the Kakyoin fight was pretty short, and that is my main concern for the rest of the series - since SC is basically just them fighting their way to Egypt for the entire middle part, if they don't pace the fights well it'll be a real chore to watch.

Skiks is right, the OVA makes a lot of weird changes whereas this adaptation is as faithful to the source material as possible. Some of the other notable changes in the OVA is that Kakyoin's hair is brown, not red, and they meet Polnareff on the ship and skip over Hong Kong entirely.

The OVAs don't care much for accuracy. This adaption like the last two is word for word. Theres plenty of changes here and there that will make this worth watching. Next week's opening scene will hopefully fix the small thing that always bugged me about the OVA when they deal with the thing in Kakyoin's head.

What was it? I only saw parts of the OVA.

Also, for anyone who's read the manga - when does the Part 5 translation really get bad? I've heard there are a lot of segments notorious for being awful but I'm near the end of the Sex Pistols arc and so far it's passable.

Last edited:

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
The second episode really got me hooked on this one. My problem with the first two was that they dragged out scenes way too long, but they seemed to do it well so far. Granted, the Kakyoin fight was pretty short, and that is my main concern for the rest of the series - since SC is basically just them fighting their way to Egypt for the entire middle part, if they don't pace the fights well it'll be a real chore to watch.
Well Araki was more wordy early on so I didn't mind it too much. When action was needed it certainly delivered.
What was it? I only saw parts of the OVA.

Also, for anyone who's read the manga - when does the Part 5 translation really get bad? I've heard there are a lot of segments notorious for being awful but I'm near the end of the Sex Pistols arc and so far it's passable.
The OVA changed something almost insignificant but had no reason to do so
In the OVA when Jotaro manages to remove the Flesh Bud from Kakyoin he throws it outside only for Avdol to burn it to cinders. In the Manga it's Joseph who destroys it using his Ripple ability. It might have been fine if the OVA was trying to avoid the use of the ripple altogether but it shows up a few times during Darby's battle and also when Dio himself is after Joseph.
As for the manga you might be reading the new translation and I really don't think the new translation went beyond the sex pistols. It's manageable after that but the issue is mostly how the older translation doesn't show Giogio's personality too well so he comes off a bit stiff. It's not as bad as duwang basically.

Abstinence Pistols

Well Araki was more wordy early on so I didn't mind it too much. When action was needed it certainly delivered.
I think it depended on the fight, personally. The ACDC (or Esidisi, take your pick) fight in particular was pretty bad for this. There certainly was a lot of action, though.
The OVA changed something almost insignificant but had no reason to do so
In the OVA when Jotaro manages to remove the Flesh Bud from Kakyoin he throws it outside only for Avdol to burn it to cinders. In the Manga it's Joseph who destroys it using his Ripple ability. It might have been fine if the OVA was trying to avoid the use of the ripple altogether but it shows up a few times during Darby's battle and also when Dio himself is after Joseph.
I see. It did a lot of stuff like that, I noticed. I'm not sure why they changed a bunch of insignificant details other than they just didn't care, but oh well.

As for the manga you might be reading the new translation and I really don't think the new translation went beyond the sex pistols. It's manageable after that but the issue is mostly how the older translation doesn't show Giogio's personality too well so he comes off a bit stiff. It's not as bad as duwang basically.
You're right, the retranslation just got a new addition but it finishes the Sex Pistols arc and that's all they have so far. That's a relief, though - I've heard everything from "it's okay" to "it's literally unintelligible". I was considering going straight to Part 6 until the retranslation was done.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Good Lord, this world is made of nothing but ham. Freaking sucks I can only consume that ham once a week, because I can't get enough of it. I really do love how it's just taking it's time, yet being so captivating. It's going much smoother than the OVAs did, and it's only been three episodes.

Okay, now I really have to go watch the prologue series. It's probably just as hammy, and it should help satiate everything if I take it all in at once.

Oh my God, I still can't stop laughing once the credits started. I was all "This beat sounds familiar", and then the lyrics began, and I'm shaking in mirth. So freaking perfect. Are they keeping this for the next several weeks, or what?

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I like how they were all in step at the end. It was great

I swear it gets better with every episode

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Goddamnit, censorship... at least the 2012 season should now have uncensored episodes available.

PFFT, they're constantly yelling, and yet no passenger nor flight attendant is telling them to be quiet. The ham must be the norm in this world.

"I'm never riding in a plane with you again." XD Oh Jojo.

Yesssss, Jean-Pierre! I enjoyed him in the OVAs, so I was getting excited to him joining the group.

I'm loving Fridays more and more.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
ORORORORORORORORORORORORO

Yes

Abstinence Pistols

Goddamnit, censorship... at least the 2012 season should now have uncensored episodes available.

I do hope they drop the censorship a little bit moving forward. There's still plenty of good ol' gore to go around, but later in Part 3 there are some scenes that get pretty gruesome. And Part 4 especially has some pretty nasty stuff. It would be a little different without it.

I dunno. That sounds really silly but it's always seemed like just part of Jojo for them to casually throw in all this macabre stuff, it feels different without it.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I do hope they drop the censorship a little bit moving forward. There's still plenty of good ol' gore to go around, but later in Part 3 there are some scenes that get pretty gruesome. And Part 4 especially has some pretty nasty stuff. It would be a little different without it.

I dunno. That sounds really silly but it's always seemed like just part of Jojo for them to casually throw in all this macabre stuff, it feels different without it.

Well unfortunately, it looks like the show's airing on public television, so they have to censor the gore. We should at least thank our lucky Joestars that David Production knows how to properly censor something unlike a certain studio that also starts with "D".

But yeah, I can imagine it might get frustrating later on now that you mention it.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
"Now that the flesh bud is gone, we can be buddies." XD Joseph is a jokester behind that hammy manliness. Speaking of ham, I ate bread while watching this episode, and I could taste all of the ham like I really was eating a ham sandwich. It was delicious. That fight between Jean-Pierre and Avdol was awesome.

And speaking of:

[img139]http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b633/lilbird92/7744d5d6-6380-46d4-8997-ac90b0dd77d0_zps3cd1ad2c.png[/img139]

What is with that pose, oh my God, I love this guy.

I didn't want to bring it up earlier for some reason, but Dio's seiyuu is Koyasu Takehito, whom I know best as Nougami Neuro. His sexy voice is forever engraved into my eardrums.