• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
We have a trailer now.
I'm just worried about the pacing. Part 1 isn't exactly known for it's good pacing. I was hoping they would fix it so people don't shy away from this show when it gets good. This Anime as Araki puts it is a celebration of Justice and Evil. The Joestar family are all heroes you wanna root for while their villians become people you love to hate. Have some Character Designs:
[IMG139]http://cs316617.userapi.com/v316617898/6491/swH_3nCGp_Q.jpg[/IMG139]

Last edited:

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Well in case no one has seen the subbed version of the Trailer. Just so people realize they are totally avoiding the juiciest parts of the story. I do wonder how well it will do.

sparky3000

few more days, can't wait

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
I love the manga, easily one of my favorites, along Gantz, Battle Royale, Elfen Lied and Bleach.

Can't wait to see Dio Brando being a dick in the the anime.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I had class today in a large auditorium. It's fairly slanted, even more so than a typical movie theater so that everyone can see the front. The class is culture studies, I'm in the animation course in college and culture studies is where we learn about classic films and how they impacted culture and stuff, blah blah blah. It's actually been an interesting class so far. Except there's this specific group of dumbass tumblr girls who sit near the front with their Macbooks open the whole time.

Like I said, the room in on a slant, so everyone can see what they're doing on their laptops. We often are shown films and example clips or even documentaries in the class so when the lights dim their glaring bright Macbooks screens get really damn distracting. One of them has a My Little Pony desktop and is constantly on some kind of instant messager and tumblr and Facebook instead of paying attention. One class she was painting a Sailor Moon image in Photoshop with the smallest goddamn brush size you've ever seen. She was so dumb that she just kept colouring her image like she was using a pencil crayon instead of increasing the damn brush size. That got pretty distracting, mostly because of how pants on head retarded it was. It's like trying to watch a movie but there's someone eating their popcorn with chopsticks in front of you. This girl is not the girl I'm talking about.

The stupid moron I'm talking about is the other girl with a with a glaring Macbook in class who doesn't pay attention. She's the "self-proclaimed weird girl" type. You might know this type. The one who you can tell is almost bragging about how against-the-norm their choice of media is. The one who when the teacher asks "what are some different movie genres" and people say "action" and "romance" she says "Japanese psychological horror". Oh yeah, she's full on weeaboo. She makes AMVs. She goes through her tumblr full of yaoi in class. She goes to Japanese sites full of LancerXKayneth doujins that she can't even read throughout class in the auditorium (which sucks because I think Fate/Zero was a great show and that gives people a terrible impression of it). If she ever gets on topic of something she's interested in she'll make sure to say the gory details about HOW SOMEONE EATS THEIR OWN ARM FLESH AS LOUD AS SHE CAN SO EVERYONE IN THE ROOM CAN HEAR on purpose so that they think she's weird. There's an even worse girl in my course that EVERYONE hates and she's an even bigger weeaboo but I'm not getting into that.

Anyways, she posted how she would do watch the Jojo premiere in class on Facebook last night. She's a huge Jojo fan. She reads it in class in the computer labs. She'll yell and rave about how ridiculous and wacky the series is. She rewatches the trailer for the anime and game at any chance she gets. So on Facebook I replied and I said "Don't watch anime in class..." She then said she wouldn't. That had me a bit relieved. Since I'm a big fan of anime, her stupid antics usually leave me feeling like an idiot-by-association. I don't constantly project my interests like a moron though. Then, of course, in class I see her streaming the goddamn premiere. Then she starts torrenting the video via the school's network and then she starts making gifs to post to tumblr. ... ****.

I'm not a person who hates a series because of how stupid their fanbase is. I find that to be dumb. And in no way am I saying that this is the exception to that rule. This is my only encounter with anyone from the Jojo fanbase. But Christ, I hope this isn't the retardation that you people have to deal with on a regular basis.

This was mostly just an excuse to rant, thanks for reading I guess.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
...Well, I liked the first episode. Seemed a bit rushed, but if it's been going on for 25 years, I'm not too concerned about it

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
I had class today in a large auditorium. It's fairly slanted, even more so than a typical movie theater so that everyone can see the front. The class is culture studies, I'm in the animation course in college and culture studies is where we learn about classic films and how they impacted culture and stuff, blah blah blah. It's actually been an interesting class so far. Except there's this specific group of dumbass tumblr girls who sit near the front with their Macbooks open the whole time.

Like I said, the room in on a slant, so everyone can see what they're doing on their laptops. We often are shown films and example clips or even documentaries in the class so when the lights dim their glaring bright Macbooks screens get really damn distracting. One of them has a My Little Pony desktop and is constantly on some kind of instant messager and tumblr and Facebook instead of paying attention. One class she was painting a Sailor Moon image in Photoshop with the smallest goddamn brush size you've ever seen. She was so dumb that she just kept colouring her image like she was using a pencil crayon instead of increasing the damn brush size. That got pretty distracting, mostly because of how pants on head retarded it was. It's like trying to watch a movie but there's someone eating their popcorn with chopsticks in front of you. This girl is not the girl I'm talking about.

The stupid moron I'm talking about is the other girl with a with a glaring Macbook in class who doesn't pay attention. She's the "self-proclaimed weird girl" type. You might know this type. The one who you can tell is almost bragging about how against-the-norm their choice of media is. The one who when the teacher asks "what are some different movie genres" and people say "action" and "romance" she says "Japanese psychological horror". Oh yeah, she's full on weeaboo. She makes AMVs. She goes through her tumblr full of yaoi in class. She goes to Japanese sites full of LancerXKayneth doujins that she can't even read throughout class in the auditorium (which sucks because I think Fate/Zero was a great show and that gives people a terrible impression of it). If she ever gets on topic of something she's interested in she'll make sure to say the gory details about HOW SOMEONE EATS THEIR OWN ARM FLESH AS LOUD AS SHE CAN SO EVERYONE IN THE ROOM CAN HEAR on purpose so that they think she's weird. There's an even worse girl in my course that EVERYONE hates and she's an even bigger weeaboo but I'm not getting into that.

Anyways, she posted how she would do watch the Jojo premiere in class on Facebook last night. She's a huge Jojo fan. She reads it in class in the computer labs. She'll yell and rave about how ridiculous and wacky the series is. She rewatches the trailer for the anime and game at any chance she gets. So on Facebook I replied and I said "Don't watch anime in class..." She then said she wouldn't. That had me a bit relieved. Since I'm a big fan of anime, her stupid antics usually leave me feeling like an idiot-by-association. I don't constantly project my interests like a moron though. Then, of course, in class I see her streaming the goddamn premiere. Then she starts torrenting the video via the school's network and then she starts making gifs to post to tumblr. ... ****.

I'm not a person who hates a series because of how stupid their fanbase is. I find that to be dumb. And in no way am I saying that this is the exception to that rule. This is my only encounter with anyone from the Jojo fanbase. But Christ, I hope this isn't the retardation that you people have to deal with on a regular basis.

This was mostly just an excuse to rant, thanks for reading I guess.

Wow........I live for comedic gems such as these........ThanK yoU.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
It's like trying to watch a movie but there's someone eating their popcorn with chopsticks
This is gold. Also, take their Macbooks. Tell them to get a real laptop to distract class with.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Well I liked the episode and I have a feeling their rushing through the first parts to get to the fun action parts. They did capture the magnificent bastard Dio pretty well. Those manga sound effects and the poses were a bonus.

Well, that was completely sodding ridiculous and stupid. Hilarious and fun, though. I'm not sure if it's meant to be a parody but if it is it's an effective one. Time will tell if it can keep up the entertainment value.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
The new episode has a deliciously old school anime opening. Dio and Jojo's feud died down for about 7 years only to start up again as soon as it's found out Dio was poising George Joestar. The secerts of the Stone Mask are revealed a bit this episode and will show up more next episode.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
I am in love with the ending music.

The second episode was great. I am loving the unique style they created for this series.
**** will get real in the next episode.

sparky3000

can't wait till new ep!! ^u^

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
Am I allowed to talk about the Duwang subtitles?

sparky3000

watch ep 3, pretty awesome,

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
"URRRRRRRYYYYYY!!!"

"Joooooooooooojooo!"

"Goodbye, Jooojo!"

Episode 3 was the best one so far.
And Speedwagon ftw.