• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Joke Teams/Underdogs. First comes laughter, then comes tears.

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
Anyone who has played PBR wifi long enough will have most likely run into one. Discuss your experiences with joke teams/underdog teams.

Joke teams are teams that have been intentionally put together with no thought/the sole intention of stiffling a chuckle out of you. For example, a team of Mudkips, Bidoofs, or Spindas. Most rarely do these teams actually win or are supposed to try to win.

Underdog teams on the other hand were made to win. However, they're mostly composed of Unevolved/NU pokemon. Despite this, their tactics and strategy have been known to completely counter other teams, most often by sacrificial Explosions/Destiny Bonds. Anyone who has ever fought one of these teams will know that they took effort and time and herald the players skill.

An example of a joke team.

An example of an Underdog team.

I've fought a team of Spindas before. They were abnormally tough mainly because of Teeter dance and Thrash but i managed to beat them. I also fought a team of Plusles and Minuns but i also managed to beat them as well.

Last edited:

*Picachu&Pichu*

<- I want my milky!
I once fought a team of 6 Kakuna. Obviously, I won.

I also once fought a team with only 5 pokemon. That person clearly didn't get far in his D/P game before starting PBR. I kind of felt bad destroying him with my uber team.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
hm, the only thing i can remeber was a team of plusles and minums, i lost to those but i learned alot thanks to that, earthquake works perfectly i noticed.

I fought a team full of Bidoof that just knew Explosion and had Choice Bands last week. It was hysterical, but yeah.

There's also people who go in with teams of just Meme Pokemon, like Mudkip, Seaking, Snorlax...

I went up against a kid who had Satoshi's team from the Anime...it was funny how easily I whipped it.

But yeah, they can be funny, but teams of NU Pokemon are actually fun to use. I have a NU team on Shoddy, too. xD

Empoleon Bonaparte

Japanese usually have the most creative teams.... I once fought a team with 5 Vigoroth and a Slaking. I was swept by 2 of the Vigoroth..... But that was way back when I just got PBR and never heard of tiers.
By the way, that Underdog team example is just sick. Love the music and the Rattata.

Zimiii

Keep going, Jack \o/
Japanese usually have the most creative teams.... I once fought a team with 5 Vigoroth and a Slaking. I was swept by 2 of the Vigoroth..... But that was way back when I just got PBR and never heard of tiers.
By the way, that Underdog team example is just sick. Love the music and the Rattata.

That music is from a finnish band, Nightwish (Hometown: Kitee). Yay for Finland ^_^

wichu

I haven't been against any fully-unevolved/NU teams yet; however, I have battled a couple of Pikachu. I have one on my own team, so it's interesting to see how other people use it.

I don't think I've been against any themed teams either; however, I suspect that *Picachu&Pichu* faced off against the infamous Kakuna Man. You might want to have a look at this; it was submitted by a user named 'The Great Kakuna Man' (his 2 posts are the first version, which is no longer up, and the Platinum-enhanced version). I don't know if it's the same person, but there is a chance...

But I have created my own unevolved team; however, I haven't uploaded it to PBR yet, and besides, it's supposed to be for 6v6 battles. And yes, I have used it on D/P, and yes, I did win (against 3 different people).

Sobooboo

R U Happy 2?
I fought a team once that used a bunch of the baby pokes like magby, pichu, elekid, igglybuff, togepi(I think), and I can't remeber the last. They all had a focus sash so it was not a very fun battle but it was far more entertaining than all the people who use a pass full of legends.

*Picachu&Pichu*

<- I want my milky!
I don't think I've been against any themed teams either; however, I suspect that *Picachu&Pichu* faced off against the infamous Kakuna Man. You might want to have a look at this; it was submitted by a user named 'The Great Kakuna Man' (his 2 posts are the first version, which is no longer up, and the Platinum-enhanced version). I don't know if it's the same person, but there is a chance...

This was long before Platinum came out, but the trainer's name was Kakuna Man, so I guess that was him.

I remember coming across a trainer that had Ivysaur, Charmeleon, Wartortle, Bayleef, Quilava and Crocanaw. I didn't see the logic behind it at all.
Although I was lead to believe that it may have been a younger trainer, who only uses their favourite Pokemon.
I wiped the floor with them with my Garchomp haha!

*Picachu&Pichu*

<- I want my milky!
I remember coming across a trainer that had Ivysaur, Charmeleon, Wartortle, Bayleef, Quilava and Crocanaw. I didn't see the logic behind it at all.
Although I was lead to believe that it may have been a younger trainer, who only uses their favourite Pokemon.
I wiped the floor with them with my Garchomp haha!

That sounds like a rental pass. Did you get his friend pass and take a look at the pokemon?

RaiBlade

ɾαρτυɾε
I faced a team of five Squirtle and a Mudkip,they all had Hydro pump and Blizzard. think they are cheat....
They were really powerful!

I remember facing a team of six Spiritomb with ridiculously high defensive stats and Hypnosis.It took me a while until I defeated that team..... ><
But it was fun!

Last edited:

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
I fought this guy with a team of six leafeons. and the weirdest part was that they all had legit sets, one had power herb +dig (probably a way to counter steel types) one had choice scarf, another choice band, a special sweeper, a staller, and a salacflail one. It was the weirdest thing I'd ever seen, he really milked leafeon for all it was worth! I mean, it'd be one thing to use a team of something like Lucario, with it's versatile movepool, but not leafeon, grass is a terrible type defensively. I ended up battling him twice on random wifi on seperate occasions.

Someone sweeped me with a Yanmega once, the most annoying move possible, bug buzz, omfg that thing gives me a headache. I turned it off XP

That second video is how PBR videos should be, edited, and make the sweet parts last longer. That took a whole lot of luck though.

I only got into NU once, with a preset team, against another NU, and I won somehow. It took a hell of a lot more strategy that the OU, which just gets lame after a while, but that only made victory sweeter.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Some total idiot came out with 2 feebas, drapion, seviper, and 2 mewtwo, and the guy sent out the 2 feebas.

THEY EXPLODED ON ME.

Then mewtwo comes with phychic and wipes my team clean.

My friend made this team! (and im calling him a idiot.)

He went on wifi with it, too.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I've battled a team full of Eevee. An easy win for me. I've never battled any other gimmicky teams or underdogs.

*Picachu&Pichu*

<- I want my milky!
Yesterday, I fought a team of 6 pokemon that were apparantly caught, and not trained:

-Onix
-Golduck
-Wooper
-Quagsire
-Psyduck
-Golbat

Regardless of which 3 he chose, my Pikachu could sweep the whole team.

MKFC

Shade of Blue
I once fought a team of a Metapod, a Kakuna, a Silcoon, a Cascoon, a Magikarp and a Combee. I sweeped that team with my Electivire without taking a single hit.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
All I get to battle is eight year old noobs with their precious Dialga, Torterra, and the like.
:(
I wish I could see a joke/underdog team..

tom-tom

Furret <3
well if you lost to the 2 vigoroths howd you know he/she had 5 of them and a slaking