• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus: What are your thoughts?

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
Im saying you should listen to real music,but if you dont,then thats ok. But that was before I knew you listened to all those types of music. Also,I never said that Jb and miley cyrus are only for 7 and 9 year olds.

No, that last part was for someone else. And what makes Miley Cyrus fake music or JB fake? It's weird how people think one things fake and the other is real.

Rex Kamex

The jonas brothers are THE GAYEST PEOPLE TO EVER BE ALIVE honestly you just wouldnt tire of beating them up and plus their p*****s so they wouldnt fight back they'd worry about their queer hairstyles and miley rus is just annoying I just what a horrible accident to happen to he so I wouldnt need to ever listen to jher again

That would make things worse. For her fans AND the people who don't like her. The fans wouldn't take it, and the people who hate her won't stop hearing the news about her accident. The Jonas Brothers have a bodyguard, anyway...

nintendude 64 said:
Have you even tried listening to some real artists/bands?

That depends on one's definition of "real artists/bands."

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Personally, I find their music a bit mediocre. Nevertheless, they worked hard to get to where they are. I don't hate them, as I've never met them and it's just a bit extreme to hate someone one has never met.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Just know that neither of them are credible musicians. They are just a bunch of hyped up wanna pop stars. I just hate how ssome people think they could be better than some of the best musicians of all time

Seriously....No way in hell will the Jonas Bros. be as good as The Beatles. I mean.....ITS THE FREAKING BEATLES!!! The greatest band of all time. No way will they ever be on thier level. Same goes for Hannah Montana. Its about time she and how ever many other personalities she has to fall off the radar already

Rex Kamex

You know this is kinda off topic, but I still think I might as well mentiont his here. I forgot, has it already been said on this forum that younger Jonas brother Frankie Jonas and younger Cyrus sister Noah Cyrus are having voice acting roles in the movie Ponyo?

Honestly, it makes me want to watch the movie now. Not that I had anything against it before, I just wasn't motivated before. I know someone's gonna get on me for saying this, even though it's NOAH Cyrus and FRANKIE Jonas? Do I think they got these roles because of their older sister's fame? Yes. But I don't care negatively. But I know that some people will bash these two based on the fact that they're related to the other Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus.

And the "Beatles best band" thing is not only alliteration, but an opinion.

Last edited:

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I do not wish death apon them. I just want thier music to die in a fire. To me, it's ear bleeding. Their own music (IMHO) is pathetic and they should be banned for doing cover ups (Infact, I think they broke a holy law). Seriously, if I hear that horrible cover up of "Hello Goodbye" again, I will want to scarafice Kittens to Khonshu (The Egyptian god of Silence) to make them forever silent.

But they do not deserve to die, the just need to produce better music. The REAL singer who needs to die in a holy fire is Seth Dub and his cRap.

mangaeyes

Personally, I find their music a bit mediocre. Nevertheless, they worked hard to get to where they are. I don't hate them, as I've never met them and it's just a bit extreme to hate someone one has never met.

I disagree. I think Disney saw them and there eyes turned into $$ signs and they quickly snatched them up. Its luck, in my oinion, but then again I donot know the whole story behind their "success".

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
You know this is kinda off topic, but I still think I might as well mentiont his here. I forgot, has it already been said on this forum that younger Jonas brother Frankie Jonas and younger Cyrus sister Noah Cyrus are having voice acting roles in the movie Ponyo?

Honestly, it makes me want to watch the movie now. Not that I had anything against it before, I just wasn't motivated before. I know someone's gonna get on me for saying this, even though it's NOAH Cyrus and FRANKIE Jonas? Do I think they got these roles because of their older sister's fame? Yes. But I don't care negatively. But I know that some people will bash these two based on the fact that they're related to the other Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus.

Yeah, I saw the trailer on YouTube. They were really good; they sounded like innocent enthusiastic kids without being irritating. Can't say I'm surprised, though; Disney have provided good dubs for Studio Ghibli films on a whole.

I'm a big Jonas Brothers fan, so obviously i don't have any problems with them, they worked hard to get to where they are.
As for Miley Cyrus, im not a fan of her. End of story.

Kitsune

This Place is Death.
I think they're both overrated, and don't listen to them. I don't really mind them or their success, though.

I do get pi$$'d, however, when people compare the Jonas Brothers to The Beatles. I'm like
"ohm...
lolwhut?"

And it's as if they're aware and they like it, hence their mediocre Hello Goodbye cover.

Last edited:

Rex Kamex

Yeah, I saw the trailer on YouTube. They were really good; they sounded like innocent enthusiastic kids without being irritating. Can't say I'm surprised, though; Disney have provided good dubs for Studio Ghibli films on a whole.

And also, Disney hired the siblings of Disney relatives, which is why I'm not too surprised. I'm actually surprised that no one here complained about this happening though, not that I want people to.

nintendude 64

Dropped my balls!
No, that last part was for someone else. And what makes Miley Cyrus fake music or JB fake? It's weird how people think one things fake and the other is real.

Well I would just think that alot of people dont consider any disney band to be "real",mostly due to it being more marketed toward children(that DOESNT mean its only for kids) and that what with being a band marketed toward children and all, that there music is going to be considered rather mediocre to the majority of the general public that isnt kids.

What I find annoying is that it seems anyone that has an acting position on Disney, also can miracously sing and thus come out with an album... D:

I'm talking about those side characters in Hannah Montana as welll as others.

nintendude 64

Dropped my balls!
What I find annoying is that it seems anyone that has an acting position on Disney, also can miracously sing and thus come out with an album... D:

I'm talking about those side characters in Hannah Montana as welll as others.

Well I would think its because the disney company wants money and nothing else. For example,if a side character from hannah montanna comes out with an album,kids will see it and say "omg shes from hannah montanna! Hannah Montanna can sing well,(I personally dont think so) so I bet she'll be good too!" Then they buy said album and disney earns more money. Simple.

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
At first, I didn't pay much attention to the Jonas Brothers, but when I heard they were being compared to The Beatles, that definitely got my attention, and made me start disliking them.

Then I heard their covers for Hey Jude and Hello, Goodbye, and that just pushed me over the edge. (Not to mention their American Pie cover. Ugh.)

Neekerisanni123

Kanbei <3 _ <3
I HATE them. I think that they're overrated, full of themselves, and just kill music. I think everyone knows that copy & paste thing about Miley/JB jumping off of a skyscraper, 95% would cry? I don't have it in my siggie, but I would be LMAOOTF at the crying people. Of course it's just my opinion ;)

I hate them too. I want to kill them. >: P

First off: To each his own style of music. That being said, never claim something is bad when you haven't heard it. Also people who claim old music is bad because it is old, have a free signpost through the head. Cheers.

I dislike the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus because the EPITOMIZE the idea that it's more important for a band to have charisma than actual music skills. When looking at them subjectively, both are mediocre at best. Their guitar work is NOT Joe Satriani, Jimi Hendrix or Jan Akkerman. Their singing is NOT Frank Sinatra. And they covered the Beatles into. People rarely like these two bands for the music, they like them for the people behind the music.

It's business. Disney business. They are VERY good at taking something, and then making it popular, at the cost of losing the actual essence (Winnie the Pooh, I'm glaring at you.). But face it, they're just trying to make a living. Hating them to the point of wanting to kill them is the OTHER side of the fanboy spectrum, and just about as bad IMO. Just don't listen to them, and you'll probably be fine.

Kitsune

This Place is Death.
First off: To each his own style of music. That being said, never claim something is bad when you haven't heard it. Also people who claim old music is bad because it is old, have a free signpost through the head. Cheers.

I dislike the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus because the EPITOMIZE the idea that it's more important for a band to have charisma than actual music skills. When looking at them subjectively, both are mediocre at best. Their guitar work is NOT Joe Satriani, Jimi Hendrix or Jan Akkerman. Their singing is NOT Frank Sinatra. And they covered the Beatles into. People rarely like these two bands for the music, they like them for the people behind the music.

It's business. Disney business. They are VERY good at taking something, and then making it popular, at the cost of losing the actual essence (Winnie the Pooh, I'm glaring at you.). But face it, they're just trying to make a living. Hating them to the point of wanting to kill them is the OTHER side of the fanboy spectrum, and just about as bad IMO. Just don't listen to them, and you'll probably be fine.
Couldn't have explained it better.

treespyro

Vintage much?

That is basically correct.

You others should be ashamed of yourself wanting to kill them