• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jostling for the Junior Cup (751)

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
WTF I cant ****ing believe it one shotted...?

First part of the episode was good, the rest was awful.

3 seconds battles, they exagerated on Dragonite, he could be badass and still take damage...

Shooti one shoting Cabernet with a Solarbeam on her fire type and Dragonite one shoting Beartic with Thunderpunch was dumb too, atleast have him use Flamethrower after that.

I hope the second round is better...

I'm waiting to see what they have after the tournament, to try and understand why this was so rushed.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
At least Ash, Iris, Cilan, Dawn and Trip all pass through the first round. I'm happy about that, even though I already knew about it.

An okay episode in my opinion.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
At least Ash, Iris, Cilan, Dawn and Trip all pass through the first round. I'm happy about that, even though I already knew about it.

Certaintly liked the first part and Dragonite badassness(exagerated thoughness though), I can't say I disliked the rest, I just didn't enjoy the super super rushing.

Lets hope next week isn't, rush rush rush Iris vs Hikari, to be continued.

Fairplay

So I guess Dawn's Mamoswine will also be beaten with an one hit.

Cheap episode. The first part with Shirona and Kaitlin was good, but the rest...

Animefan145

Well, that was boring. Blink and you could miss Ash, Cilan and Dawn's "battles". I know Iris is the main focus with her overpowered Dragonite (and its not like Iris actually did anything since Dragonite just did its own thing the whole time), but reducing everybody else to almost CotD status is a bit much too. And I know Burgundy is mostly there for humor but her Fire type getting KOed by a solarbeam is, ouch. Did Alder not look happy with that? No idea about what most of them are saying.

Ok exhibition match between Cynthia and Caitlin, not a great start to the tournament arc, but wasn't expecting much anyway.

Bisharp

DAMN.

No Masaomi in this tourney > : ( ?

Screw it, i hope we'll have another one with his appearance! He CAN'T be COTD! I won't believe it!

Okay episode i would give it an 8 out of 10, my score will most likely lift when i watch the dub

>Implying Pokemon current dub is good.

IcySealeo

The first round was a big disappointment. And I have a feeling that the next rounds will be as bad as this round.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Bleh, rushed battles are disappointing. But who am I to complain? I said I wasn't that interested in another battle tournament arc, I just watched them for the character interactions. For the record we know Cabernet's battling skills are good, Shooty's Jalorda must just be really strong to have one shot her Hihidarumat (and thus we didn't get to experience the former). Two days with no episode will make me impatient for this to be over.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
The first round was a big disappointment. And I have a feeling that the next rounds will be as bad as this round.

Well we got some good stuff on this episode, lets not forget he first part of it, so if Mamoswine vs Dragonite is good, I can live with the other 3 matches sucking...:S

IcySealeo

Well we got some good stuff on this episode, lets not forget he first part of it, so if Mamoswine vs Dragonite is good, I can live with the other 3 matches sucking...:S
Well, you can't know if Dragonite won't beat Mamoswine with OH as well...

Certaintly liked the first part and Dragonite badassness(exagerated thoughness though), I can't say I disliked the rest, I just didn't enjoy the super super rushing.

Lets hope next week isn't, rush rush rush Iris vs Hikari, to be continued.

22 minute show, to show the battles in better detail, you would need 30-45 minutes if this was a bigger arc, I don't know.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
22 minute show, to show the battles in better detail, you would need 30-45 minutes if this was a bigger arc, I don't know.

We just need to see Satoshi, Iris , Dent and Shooti vs Cabernet.

I guess they wanted Shooti to beat a "credible" oponent instead of a CotD and wanted him to be really dominant.

Well, you can't know if Dragonite won't beat Mamoswine with OH as well...

From the preview and summaries I doubt it, seems like they will be having trouble and Dragonite will eventually listen to Iris so he is probably going to get beat up.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Can't wait! Then the rest of the season

If you mean the unknown Post-Junior Cup-season not TR-plot related, then yeah, I really want to see that as well! :p

she's so beautiful! and i'm loving the tron setup :) also it looks like garchomp will have a tough time.

The 'Tron'-set up? Say what?

Cynthia won I think, not quite sure.

Dare Da? Garchomp.

Definitely not, the time ran out.

this saga just keeps getting better and better, that battle was at diamond and pearls standard :) and i loved the older music that was just played.

Six battles were three seconds long, we had SIX battles, in under THIRTY SECONDS!!! You can't say that the saga gets better based on one battle if the rest are done that badly. However, I liked Garchomp being smacked into a wall.

It starts right away with Burgundy's Darmanitan VS Trip's Serpirior. So Trip beats Darmanitan with Serpireor like people said.
Serperior uses Glare, Darmanitan paralyzed. Then, Serperior uses SolarBeam... WT?!?!?! he beats it with SolarBeam only!!

Galvantula was beaten with a Solarbeam as well, so yeah, and Darmitan was paralysed so it couldn't defend itself either.. I like Trip's directness though.

Dragonite broke out.

Dragonite runs through the blizzard and Thundepunch's Beartic, defeating Beartic.

Was it Blizzard? Or Icy Wind?

Every battle was 1hko......disappointing.......And Ash, Dawn and Cilan had like 2 second battles, this is too rushed.

I agree, I thought it was more disappointing that Ash faced the Karrablast out of everything participating.. Here's hoping he faces Reuniclus in the second round, but they'll probably go for
- Mamoswine vs. Dragonite
- Oshawott vs. Cinccino
- Stunfisk vs. Heatmor
- Chandelure vs. Reunclus

WTF I cant ****ing believe it one shotted...?

First part of the episode was good, the rest was awful.

3 seconds battles, they exagerated on Dragonite, he could be badass and still take damage...

Shooti one shoting Cabernet with a Solarbeam on her fire type and Dragonite one shoting Beartic with Thunderpunch was dumb too, atleast have him use Flamethrower after that.

I hope the second round is better...

I'm waiting to see what they have after the tournament, to try and understand why this was so rushed.

I agree. Pansage one shotting Galvantula with Solarbeam doesn't make too much sense either though..

It was a good episode, I just dislike some of the choices. We now know the four finalists, and we know that Ash and Trip are unofficially confirmed to be in the finals.

2nd
Iris vs. Dawn: Iris
Ash vs. CotD: Ash
Trip vs. CotD: Trip
Cilan vs. CotD: Cilan
3rd
Iris vs. Ash: Ash
Trip vs. Cilan: Trip
4th
Ash vs. Trip: Trip...

Three cotd battles in the second round? Well, luckily we know that Reuniclus, Heatmor and Cinccino passed. At least some interesting pokemon. I mean what would it have hurt if Trip faces a CotD in the second round anyway? Might as well have put Cilan vs. Burgundy in the second round, if they didn't care at all. But I guess this is the hype that Burgundy needs to undergo in order for Trip to shine...

So I guess Dawn's Mamoswine will also be beaten with an one hit.

Cheap episode. The first part with Shirona and Kaitlin was good, but the rest...

Nah, Dragonite is taking hits from Mamoswine, and even needs to resort to a fourth move.. -.-

However, no Flamethrower vs. Blizzard/Icy Wind? Why not Dragonite, why not create epicness.. -.-

Graham Aker

Major yawn. This episode was full on meh. Dragonite vs Beartic was crap (as were all the other battles involving the main character/rivals). Of course there's no real consequence for Iris. Because heaven forbid she lose early, and look really bad.

Last edited:

Nacreous

Fire trainer
They saved money on animation my not making some pkmn move too much like Trip's Serperior or Georgia's Beartic...the result was as expected...snake pkmn don't move at all and big pkmn abuse super strong moves for the "wow" effect

gliscor&yanmega

Saw the pictures, was a bit surprise at the episode. Entire first round; which is 8 battles plus the exhibition match, finished in one episode. I excepted the nobodies to have their battles short since they are nobodies, but Ash, Dawn, and Cilan being so short, I could understand the latter two but I wish Leavanny got a full battle here...and against something that wasn't a Karrablast(Or Golett for that matter). I had it in the back of my head Trip vs Burgundy would happen, I just didn't want to believe it, still, I like how a mistranslation turns out right, even if I would have prefer it to be wrong. Nothing much to say about Georgia vs Iris, already knew Iris would win, wasn't expecting a close battle, not sure how Georgia reacted but I'll assume she commented on Iris not being able to control Dragonite. Not surprised by Cynthia vs Caitlin, when I saw the timer I knew the battle wouldn't be finished, they probably weren't even fighting to beat one another, guess that's what you get from an exhibition match.

Interactions went kind of how I expected, Trip and Dawn didn't really say anything to each other it seems. Georgia didn't seem to say anything either to Dawn. But of course, Burgundy gets angry at her for whatever reason because that's how she's always like. I wish Bianca and Stephan were here, I'd bet there would be more interactions with them and Dawn, oh well. Alder and Cynthia interacting seems nice. Caitlin didn't seem to interact with anyone other then Cynthia, shame Ash and the others might not get a proper introduction.

The tournament certainly has changed a lot since first speculating on it...have to lower my darn exceptions(Well at less I wasn't expecting Gym Leaders from across the world to enter). I'm fine with the first round being finished in the first episode, as I said, I would have liked Ash to have gotten a full battle at less but oh well. I hope the finals are 3 vs 3 still, if things are going to be dealt with quickly, there should be plenty of time.

Overall, I was fine with this episode.

Last edited: