• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jostling for the Junior Cup (751)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
A boring episode overall. The only interesting things that happened was the character interactions with each other, particularly Dawn and Burgundy's lol, and the Cynthia vs Caitlyn battle. The rest of the battles were horrible, though Iris vs Georgia was okay. I'm ticked that Dawn didn't even get a full battle. I give this episode a 4 out of 10, it's the worst BW2 episode so far imo.

Last edited:

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
I liked the memory of showing the battle that Servine had with Snivy. It makes me wonder if they really are going to set them up to fight. I can see Snivy jumping up from that attack, or using attract to deflect that paralysis! I really hope they all of a sudden give her the contrary ability! lol..

As for the anger over the 1KHO matches, in my opinion, it seemed more like they just showed the finishing moves that Ash, Cilan, Dawn, and the COTD's had. I don't think all their battles went like Trips. -_-

I give the episode a 7.5/8 out of 10. I would like to see the Translations for some of the key parts that would be nice to understand.

I also wish we got to see the match-ups for the next battle, so we can see who Cilan is batting, since we know he may or may not get knocked out this round!

there WAS NO PARALYSIS, Cabernet's Daruma was just scared due to Leer's effect.

This episode made me not care about this show anymore, at its current state. And since we now know how the tournament will turn out there is nothing they can really surprise us with. So basically this is just a badly done filler arc and the writers don't seem to care much about BW or BW Season 2 as they did for DP, it seems.

Few, barely there redeeming qualities: sort of amusing character interactions.

I'm really starting to wonder why they even had Dawn compete in this...

The same reason Cilan and other characters are there, to fill in show time. Also it seems Dawn wasn't brought just for the tournament but for the whole Season 2 arc. She might get more focus in future episode.

Last edited:
This episode made me not care about this show anymore, at its current state. And since we now know how the tournament will turn out there is nothing they can really surprise us with. So basically this is just a badly done filler arc and the writers don't seem to care much about BW or BW Season 2 as they did for DP, it seems. Few, barely there redeeming qualities: sort of amusing character interactions.

If they didn't care, why are we now at 14 seasons and growing. Just becausee almost everyone hyped up not only BW but BW2, doesn't mean they don't care.

nuzamaki90

there WAS NO PARALYSIS, Cabernet's Daruma was just scared due to Leer's effect.

I'm pretty sure Serperior did use Glare. In the anime, there is no paralysis effect unless it's from electric attacks, Darmanitan didn't move obviously because it was paralyzed from Glare, that's what other Pokemon did when they got hit by Glare in past episodes.

But anyways, I wont say this episode was bad, I just wish it could have been like a 1 hour special I guess. Seeing how much they promoted this and made it look like this might even be better than the Pokemon League. Plus, if it was 1 hour, I would easily be able to bare the fact that I have to wait another 2 weeks just to see Dawn and Iris battle even though we already know Iris is gonna win -_-

And I can understand the annoyance of all the OHKOs. I mean Trip's was bad too but at least Burgundy TRIED to do something.

dman_dustin

Here's the previously unknown complete voice cast list. The one we had until now only listed the actors, not the roles they played.

Huh, so I guess just because Team Rocket's VA's are listed doesn't mean it's for Team Rocket. Odd though that they basically some "crappy" Pokemon role, oh well.
=================

So much for Ash battling his Leavanny with a CotD's Reuniclus. I was expecting a move too.

Oh well, can't say I liked this episode, but I guess YAY Leavanny got a win. Shame about the stupid situation Pansage beating Galvantula like that. Stunfisk weeps greatly for a win, too bad it's never going to happen.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I'm more surprised as to how low-key Dawn is in this tournament. Her only win is a 2 second battle with Piplup.

I'm really starting to wonder why they even had Dawn compete in this...

As I've said since the start, they were more interested in bringing back Piplup then her and Piplup has been doing a lot.

Huh, so I guess just because Team Rocket's VA's are listed doesn't mean it's for Team Rocket. Odd though that they basically some "crappy" Pokemon role, oh well.
=================

So much for Ash battling his Leavanny with a CotD's Reuniclus. I was expecting a move too.

Oh well, can't say I liked this episode, but I guess YAY Leavanny got a win. Shame about the stupid situation Pansage beating Galvantula like that. Stunfisk weeps greatly for a win, too bad it's never going to happen.

May happen in the next episode, If he advances again and uses his 3, I'm thinking it will be Crustle vs wtv Shooti throws at him, personally I would like to see Conkeldurr.

gliscor&yanmega

You know...this mistranslation reminds me of the April Fool's "Ash's Palpitoad" thread...both were right and a lot of you knocked them down. After looking at the for scan with the trainers, kinda could tell Trip was gonna fight Burgundy.

Of course people will knock the mistranslations down, as they are wrong. Yah Burgundy and Trip ended up battling, but it didn't say so in the scan.

Rohanator

It's a good thing I don't really care about Cabernet, otherwise I might be a tad bit upset. But I'm not, Trip utterly destroying his first opponent was necessary to get him Alder's attention. Beating a somewhat major character can only help him. And I really don't think all of the battles were OHKO's, they just showed the finishing moves (as someone already pointed out). Dragonite battle was alright though I would've liked a Flamethrower in the end, guess he got a critical hit with that Thunderpunch, welp, hax happens, gotta live with it. :p The only thing that kinda upset me was that Leavanny got such an unimportant battle, I usually expect great things when the reserves are being used. But oh well, still screen time.
The first part with the interactions and the exchibition match was really good. Battle wise this is the weakest first round of the BW tourneys though, easily. But the animation in the next episode looks great, I'm really going to enjoy Iris vs Dawn, for sure. With Trip's determination to fight Alder, Krokorok evolving and possible Ash vs Trip in the finals, I'm sure the rest of the tourney will be great to watch.

Even though the battles were short, I still enjoyed this episode a lot. Burgundy is still a joke but at least she has a new pokemon. Leavanny got a win and so did Pansage (but I agree Stunfisk needed it more).

I liked that Iris and Georgia was the last match and the only full battle we saw, it kind of said that Iris's battle is the only important one :)

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Even though the battles were short, I still enjoyed this episode a lot. Burgundy is still a joke but at least she has a new pokemon. Leavanny got a win and so did Pansage (but I agree Stunfisk needed it more).

I liked that Iris and Georgia was the last match and the only full battle we saw, it kind of said that Iris's battle is the only important one :)

Yeah, plus I found the match well put, since Dragonite is my favorite Dragon:D

The only part I liked about this episode was Caitlin's debut. I want to know what she talked about with Cynthia. I'd like to think their conversation mentioned Caitlin's past Frontier Brain status or something. That's what I got from the pics at least, though knowing how BW2 has been lately, I kinda doubt the writers would add anything like that in the episode. >:

This tournament was way too over-hyped for nothing. I'll only watch for the animated battles, however few there may be.

Also...I think Hikari might actually stay until the League. It's obvious Bianca and Ke~nyan~ won't be appearing during the WT (unless I've missed something) so to have her in the OP with them seems kinda strange if they plan on leaving her off beforehand. And this is coming from a fan of hers who doubted she'd even appear in BW at all.

RickHoenn

Banned
I think this episode was nice, 8/10. Alder, Cynthia & Caitlin. <3

I'm happy Leavanny got another win! :p I would have liked a longer battle tho. I feel like 22 minutes aren't enough for these tournament episodes lol. D:

Iris' Dragonite is a freaking overpowered beast. yay for Iris!

It seems like they're hyping for Trip umm.. Nice to see Georgia and Burgundy again.

Last edited:

battlemaster123

Wait wouldnt catlins appearnce in the anime mean that the pokemon world has aged and that ash couldnt possibly be ten?

Janovy

Banned
The only part I liked about this episode was Caitlin's debut. I want to know what she talked about with Cynthia. I'd like to think their conversation mentioned Caitlin's past Frontier Brain status or something. That's what I got from the pics at least, though knowing how BW2 has been lately, I kinda doubt the writers would add anything like that in the episode. >:
Wait!

sunyshore said:
am surprised nobody is mentioning how many cryptic references cynthia and caitlin made to caitlin's past, including cynthia mentioning how caitlin had lots to overcome herself (her out of control psychic powers?) then caitlin pausing to remember (to herself, not out loud) she has "you" to thank for her being able to grow up, with a soft flashbacky feel, what i thought was an obvious reference to darach.

basically 90% of their dialogue was cryptic references to caitlin's youth at the sinnoh battle frontier.

She did make a reference. :p

She did make a reference. :p

asdkfjsadkfj YES. I knew it. I was also wondering why nobody here was questioning this. It seemed pretty obvious and I'm so glad it's confirmed. This episode suddenly got so much better for me, if just for that scene. ;_;

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!

Which proves how screwed over this tournament is. What is the point of Georgia and Burundly as rivals if they always lose?

And Dawn only gets one short 5 second battle.

Janovy

Banned
And Dawn only gets one short 5 second battle.
Hey, she's getting a sweet battle in the next episode.

I'm quite happy that Mamoswine actually seems to be making Dragonite struggle.

thunderblade12

Review of episode:

This episode was the accumulation of everything I hate about Best Wishes. As soon as Georgia and Burgundy appeared with their usual bickering I felt an annoyance I've never felt with this show before and thought to myself "What's the point of sitting through the same shtick at every toutnament? They're both going to lose the first round anyway." But damn if that disappointment didn't continue as the episode went on. The battles were all pointless. Not a one of them was worthwhile. At least the previous two tournaments had at least one memorable battle in each episode of the tournament. The longest battles were Caitlin vs Cynthia and Iris vs Georgia and even they were a massive disappointment. I still say they might as well write Burgundy off the show. They've dug her grave and now they're just spitting in it. She didn't even order an attack before losing. When I'm wishing a CotD could have taken a recurring character's spot in any given situation, you know there's a problem. Burgundy was treated no better than any of the other CotDs in this episode and having her at this tournament at all seems like a huge waste. Ash, Cilan and Dawn's battles were painfully short, especially since we know that's pretty much going to be Dawn's only on screen win in her entire cameo. I really hope they add something for her before she leaves because right now her cameo feels about as special as when Angie, Luke or some other mostly useless character tags along with Ash and co. for a few episodes. People might say "yay, Leavanny got a win" or "Good, Trip is finally showing progress" but will anyone really remember Leavanny's 3 second battle against a Karablast at the end of Best Wishes? Will anyone actually take a win against Burgundy, a character who never got an on screen victory, seriously? This is the same fanbase with people who said Infernape wasn't that strong despite it's countless victories just because it used it's completely legitimate ability a few times. Georgia might as well not even be Iris's rival any more either. Not only did Dragonite beat Beartic, it did so flawlessly. None of it's attacks seemed to phase it in the least and it beat it with a single hit. No one seemed to care at the end of the battle that Dragonite didn't listen to Iris either, so don't play that card. It's probably an issue that will resolve itself in this tournament just like Emolga's laziness "issue." I've also come to realize how two-dimensional Georgia and Burgundy both are compared to other rivals in the series. Their entire gimmick is that they show up, yell a bit and act as cannon fodder in a tournament. The only bright side to this episode are an Unova Elite 4 member FINALLY appearing, even though this late in the game I doubt that means the others are on their way, and Trip showing the same distaste in Alder that may lead to some development at the end of this tournament (at least that shows the writers haven't completely forgotten how to maintain continuity.)

3/10 (Awful)

*Puts up flame shield*