• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jostling for the Junior Cup (751)

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Wow, what a rushed episode. *sigh*

-Cattleya was the high point of this episode for me. I loved her, she was enjoyable and cute. I really liked her references to her veiled past with having something she needed to learn to control(Psychic talents and her emotions). Not to mention her interactions with Shirona were awesome. She's really one of the few members of the Four Heavenly Kings that I truly have enjoyed watching, ever in the series. Especially when everyone but Shin'ou Fire King seemed fairly underwhelming. She's so compelling and cute that it's a shame she didn't get more than this. She was great and I really wish the exhibition match had gone on longer, because this is just the type of thing I wish I could have more of in a battle. They are one of my favorites aspects of this show. I really wish more could have been done. If Cattleya was gonna debut anything it should have been the Jello Bear XD Gothiruselle is somewhat fug and I've never cared for it, Mr.Nobody should have just used Gothiruselle and Cattleya should have debuted the Psychic Gelatin Cell XD She needs to go crazy with her Psychic powers at some point, or flashbacks or something. Or appear some point after the league. I'm just hoping that Shaga and Shizui's debuts aren't just for a exhibition match.

-Wow, Takegami, you can't write battles to save your life.(This is the same guy behind Cabernet VS. Satoshi, Cabernet VS. Dento, Dento VS. Pinot Noir, Yakon VS. Satoshi(Mijumaru's part was okay though), and Satoshi VS. Kamitsure IIRC) Takegami's battle writing skills have a bit to be desired, because his writing of them feels so stiff. He doesn't seem to know how put true suspense in without it simply being so...stale. Not to mention very one-sided. The battles themselves sucked ***. Pochama beating Murando was beautifully animated and cute and showed how strong Pochama was taking out the dog like that, one second KOs all around still were crappy.

-The titular attraction of this episode I was looking forward to was crappy. I realize Kairyu is a powerful Pokemon but even he was damaged by an attack from Sanzandora. It was pretty ridiculous how Kairyu just stood there against Ice Beam, I'm okay with Hidden Power and Focus Blast. But, God did they go overboard on Kairyu endurance. One-shotting it with Thunder Punch was crap too.

-I officially have decided I'm getting sick of Battle Tournaments. The first episodes are always the same ****. If I had my choice Langley and Cabernet would have not been in this tournament at all. They're so rushed as well.

-Langley, I'm glad she called out Kairyu's win over her. It truly shows that Langley's loss didn't really count since Kairyu did everything by itself. Not being in sync with your Pokemon.

-Cabernet...ugh...why..just why?

I'm really really hoping the next episode is something special, because I'm really optimistic and I truly hope the next gives some worthwhile battles.

Last edited:

uber gon

Accept Change
So either Trip has like a truck load of rare candies, EV supplements, and feathers somewhere, or he REALLY likes using that Serperior and now its like level 80 amongst level 50 opponents. Personally I'd like to tink Trip did a Chuck Norris on Serperior to make it strong.:)

._. DP battles went downhill? Like which ones? I watched DP for the battles. BW I watch just for the humor (there have been a few good battles in BW, but still it's not as battle heavy as DP, and nor do I think is it meant to be)

I don't care much for battles any more, but it gets me pretty mad knowing that the final Pokemon episodes that I actually have time to watch in the summer are being focused on this tournament. It's just like the first Don Tourney but longer due to breaks. >.<;

Well i'm ok with the battles not being battle heavy in the BW series, the DP series focus way too much on battles instead of the humor/fun adventure, but since the DP series was more darker and more serious then the past sagas before it, they couldn't do any of the funny/humore type stuff.

Last edited:

saladin

The quality of trainers in this tournament is very poor, all battles finished with one strikes, this is not good i think. The stamina of Iris' Dragonite is unusual ^ he took 2 ice beams and onr Blizzard which made 1860 hp number of damage on base %) . It's cheats like Snorlax in battle with Gretha :)

thunderblade12

I don't think the gym battles are that bad, even though they don't come anywhere near being as good as the gym battles from AG or DP, and even a lot of the battles in these tournaments are decent enough. They're generally as good as the typical contest battle from AG or DP. The battles this episode were just lazy though.

Here's a recap of each (of the "major ones")

Caitlin vs Cynthia:
- Gothitelle uses a move that prevents Garchomp from moving.
- Gothitelle uses Psychic to smash Garchomp into a wall.
-Garchomp hits Gothitelle in the gut with Dragon Rush.
- Garchomp tries to use Draco Meteor. Gothitelle blows up the meteors with Thunderbolt.
- Both pokemon's Brick Break collide.
- Time is up

Burgundy vs Trip:
- Serperior uses Leer.
- Damanitan is stunned.
- Serperior uses Solarbeam.
- Darmanitan is down

Iris vs Georgia:
- Beartic uses Hidden Power.
- Dragonite ignores Iris's command to dodge and swipes the Hidden Power away.
- Beartic uses Focus Blast.
- Dragonite stops Focus Blast with it's hands
- Beartic uses Ice beam which Dragonite allows to freeze it
- Dragonite breaks free of ice
- Dragonite rushes forward and uses Thunder Punch
- Beartic is down

The majority of Hoenn/Sinnoh battles would have had 20 bullets at least.

I just went back and rewatched Burgundy vs Ash, Iris and Cilan on Youtube... Against Ash and Iris she actually didn't too horribly. Dewott vs Excadrill is actually a decent battle. I wonder if they were just trying to make Trip seem like an unstoppable powerhouse the way they did with Paul at the Tag Battle Tournament and it just happened to be at Burgundy's expense... Still though, she's probably the worst character to choose for something like that considering she's never actually won anything.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
So either Trip has like a truck load of rare candies, EV supplements, and feathers somewhere, or he REALLY likes using that Serperior and now its like level 80 amongst level 50 opponents. Personally I'd like to tink Trip did a Chuck Norris on Serperior to make it strong.:)
Or, like, Burgundy sucks *** in battling and is too consumed by her hatred and craziness to do well?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I don't think anyone cares the COTD battles were skipped, but I find it bizarre more time wasn't devoted to Dawn's battle. I mean she's only going to be around for a limited time and this was her only win in this tournament. Feels really strange to just treat Dawn like she was a random character.

Janovy

Banned
I don't think anyone cares the COTD battles were skipped, but I find it bizarre more time wasn't devoted to Dawn's battle. I mean she's only going to be around for a limited time and this was her only win in this tournament. Feels really strange to just treat Dawn like she was a random character.
Ash was treated that way and Cilan was treated that way.

Besides, Dawn will be getting spotlight in the next episode. So why are you talking like that?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Ash was treated that way and Cilan was treated that way.

Ash and Cilan are current main characters and will have many more on-screen battles in the future, Dawn won't.

Besides, Dawn will be getting spotlight in the next episode. So why are you talking like that?

Wow, so Dawn gets only one full battle...in which she loses. No matter how good her next match is, the fact that her only win is brushed over in 3 seconds and she is taking out as early as the second round makes you feel her inclusion was rather pointless.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Guess they figured she already battled Dent, will soon battle Iris, and has yet to conclude her match with Dent, or have a decent one with Ash, that they can devote and develop those battles to come more efficiently, since she's hanging around so much.

Janovy

Banned
Wow, so Dawn gets only one full battle...in which she loses. No matter how good her next match is, the fact that her only win is brushed over in 3 seconds and she is taking out as early as the second round makes you feel her inclusion was rather pointless.
It doesn't make me feel like it's pointless because:

1) Mamoswine is actually putting up a challenge.
2) This battle will force Dragonite to start listening Iris or at least consider it.

So no, Dawn being here isn't pointless.

I am Lu

May didn't win her match either. And, besides, if Dawn is sticking around for a while, maybe we'll get to see her battle again. I suspect we'll see Dawn vs. Ash right before she leaves.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Or, like, Burgundy sucks *** in battling and is too consumed by her hatred and craziness to do well?
Right on the latter, but with the former; Burgundy's battling skills were shown to have improved since her battle against Cilan in BW019.

It's more like:- Burgundy's fine in battling, but is too consumed by her hatred, craziness and obsession with besting Cilan to actually win.

But it's just here that we didn't get to experience that, instead Burgundy was fobbed off all so they could show how powerful Serperior is.

Dax

Legend
Right on the latter, but with the former; Burgundy's battling skills were shown to have improved since her battle against Cilan in BW019.

It's more like:- Burgundy's fine in battling, but is too consumed by her hatred, craziness and obsession with besting Cilan to actually win.

But it's just here that we didn't get to experience that, instead Burgundy was fobbed off all so they could show how powerful Serperior is.

Her battle skills improved? She couldn't even move her Darmanitan. She didn't improve. She got worse.

Her battle skills improved? She couldn't even move her Darmanitan. She didn't improve. She got worse.

Revenge blinds the mind. She sucks, no questions asked.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Um, uh what? Didn't you even read my post properly? What I was saying is her battle skills were shown to have improved from the Don Battle and especially in the Donamite, but here we didn't get to experience that. Instead Cabernet was fobbed off all so they could show how strong Shooty's Jalorda is. I never once said they improved in this episode, I was referring to the past battles after her fight against Dent in BW019. Cabernet was basically treated like a character of the day here- she'd suddenly disappeared after her loss. At least we know Cabernet will be in the next episode.

Long story short: Cabernet's loss was disappointing because we didn't get to witness her doing well in battle like in those Don George tournaments.

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Instead Cabernet was fobbed off all so they could show how strong Shooty's Jalorda is.

I think they should have shown this differently, in my opinion. If they wanted to show Serperior to be strong, they could have shown Cabernet's Hihidaruma strong. Like it using Flare Blitz and Jarlorda taking the hit and surviving it. Instead, it just looked like Serperior beat a weak Darmanitan. -_-

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
The best parts of this episode were Iris against Georgia and the exhibition match. Everything else was so rushed it felt pointless. I don’t know how they could possibly feel it a good decision to rush things so much.

The only thing I’m happy about is the disapproval Iris got from Alder, Cilan and most importantly Georgia. I’m expecting this rivalry to take a new turn now since Dragonite’s victory represents more how amateur Iris is rather than her strength.

Burgundy keeps being the butt monkey of this show. I don’t even know why she exists. She serves no purpose. At least Georgia's rivalry is getting a new dimension but Burgundy just keeps being an idiot and has absolutely no effect on Cilan’s journey. He deserves something better.

Iris getting shamed was awesome, too bad the other rivals suck.