• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jostling for the Junior Cup (751)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I loved that Trip defeated Burgundy so quickly. My favorite quote from this episode was when Dawn said "There sure are a lot of pains here"

J Ken

RAVE
This episode was so rushed. The only thing I liked was Trip and Alder's quick conversation and when he 1 shotted Burgundy. Dawn was also okay. But Georgia losing so easily to Dragonite was my biggest pet peeve for this episode.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I liked Alder at the beginning of this episode, with him trying to ask Cynthia for a date and still calling Ash & Trip by the wrong names.

The Cynthia vs Caitlin match was probably my favourite part of the episode. I thought that the two had a good rapport with each other and Caitlin seemed liked a very interesting character with the whole thing about how her and her Pokemon overcame challenges, etc. I was also impressed by Caitlin's Gothitelle - I thought Cynthia would win the battle, so I was surprised when the battle ended in a draw.

I found the rest of the episode kinda meh. The Trip vs Burgundy battle was boring to me. I figured that Trip was going to win, but I didn't think the battle would be so short and one-sided. I liked watching Dragonite take down Beartic, but it was a little disappointing that Iris won with a Pokemon that wouldn't listen to her IMO.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I liked the interactions between Alder and Cynthia here; it showed the contrast between their personalities. Seeing Burgundy appear before Ash and the others was interesting as well, including her little outburst at Dawn. Anyway, Cynthia and Caitlin's exhibition match, which was the most hyped moment of the episode, failed to impress me. It was supposed to get the participants of the tournament excited, but it was underwhelming imo. I screamed when my good sis Burgundy lost against Trip though; I know type advantages mean nothing, but she and her Darmanitan deserved better to be frank. And I liked that Iris beat Georgia even if most people were livid that she did. Dragonite being frozen solid before breaking out of the ice was the coolest part of the episode for me.

NPT

Just a member
Jostling for the Junior Cup!

So the Junior Cup tournament finally begins and it starts with Ash and Co. meeting up with their respective rivals.

Georgia and Iris were insulting each others as always, and Dawn thought Georgia was a pain?? Hahaha. . .Of course Dawn, anybody who thinks Iris is a pain is a pain to you. Geez, talk about being OOC.

Burgundy, as usual, trying to prove that he was better than Cilan. This time she 'talked' with Dawn too, her reaction to Burgundy was funny LOL.

Ash was trying to talk to the Unova champion Alder, who was hitting on the Sinnoh champion Cynthia. As expected, Trip was there too. It's funny when Alder mistook Ash and Trip's name for Ashton and Triston. Trip didn't seem to like the nickname and acted like a jerk.

The best part of this episode was Cynthia vs. Caitlin exhibition match, the rest of the battles seemed too short.

Especially with these battle competition-like episodes, you know that if you see either Georgia or Burgundy make an appearance, the other won't be too far behind more often than not.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Cool a new tourney. I liked seeing Alder and Cynthia talking, plus Caitlin and Cynthia's special exhibition battle was thrilling to watch as well. I was surprised by how stubborn Iris' new Dragonite was tho. ^^

Leonhart

Imagineer
I didn't like that the Pokemon World Tournament was watered-down here compared to how it worked in the games. I did appreciate Shirona's match with Cattleya, though. It helped set the tone for the beginning of the tournament. Shooti's Jalorda swept Cabernet's Hihidaruma, and Kairyu's win was cool.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I didn't like that the Pokemon World Tournament was watered-down here compared to how it worked in the games.

Well my best guess is that this tourney was different from the PWT from the games cuz it would've been hard to bring back alot of old gym leaders and champions into the anime. So instead the show's PWT was much simpler and less extravagant. ^^

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Well my best guess is that this tourney was different from the PWT from the games cuz it would've been hard to bring back alot of old gym leaders and champions into the anime.

All they needed to show was a few Gym Leaders, which would've been easy. Colress and Hugh should've shown up at least to mimic the games. :s

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Colress and Hugh should've shown up at least to mimic the games. :s

Well Colress was being saved for the Team Plasma arc in Episode N, tho I do wonder why Hugh wasn't shown in this tourney cuz it would've made sense. I guess the writing staff simply wanted to show recurring characters like Trip and Georgia instead.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Well Colress was being saved for the Team Plasma arc in Episode N, tho I do wonder why Hugh wasn't shown in this tourney cuz it would've made sense. I guess the writing staff simply wanted to show recurring characters like Trip and Georgia instead.

Colress could've shown up here as foreshadowing for Episode N, though. Hugh definitely should've shown up at least, but the BW writers seemed to have a phobia of showing B2/W2 characters. :/

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Meh this is where Dawn's guest appearance started becoming less interesting since she was pushed more into the background.

At least this started some decent Iris development episodes.
7/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
but the BW writers seemed to have a phobia of showing B2/W2 characters. :/

I dunno about that cuz we got several in this arc, but I would've liked if we had seen Hugh in the Pokemon World Tournament Junior Cup even just as a cameo cuz he was my favourite Unova rival hee hee.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Trip's progression in this tournament feels extremely artificial given that the last time we saw him in the series, he got his *** kicked by Bianca in Donamite's first round, and since they never bothered to delve much into how Trip actually TRAINS his Pokemon, it feels incredibly contrived that he went from going on a glamorous losing streak to being totally untouchable.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Trip's progression in this tournament feels extremely artificial given that the last time we saw him in the series, he got his *** kicked by Bianca in Donamite's first round, and since they never bothered to delve much into how Trip actually TRAINS his Pokemon, it feels incredibly contrived that he went from going on a glamorous losing streak to being totally untouchable.

He might've flopped in the last tournament, but we've always known that he was strong. So his strength here made sense.

Janovy

Banned
He might've flopped in the last tournament, but we've always known that he was strong. So his strength here made sense.
No it did not. A Serperior so fast it can basically teleport does not make ANY sense. Not to mention a Serperior whose moves OHKO an opponent despite type advantage. Ridiculous.

It was terrible. The writers can't seem to decide whether Trip should be mediocre or overpowered. It kind of sucks, since a win for Ash in one of these tournaments would have been nice.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
It was terrible. The writers can't seem to decide whether Trip should be mediocre or overpowered. It kind of sucks, since a win for Ash in one of these tournaments would have been nice.

If Ash had won, he would've lost to Alder later regardless, though. So I preferred seeing Trip win if only because Ash was saved the embarrassment of failing against Alder.