• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jostling for the Junior Cup (751)

Janovy

Banned
If Ash had won, he would've lost to Alder later regardless, though. So I preferred seeing Trip win if only because Ash was saved the embarrassment of failing against Alder.
Trip's victory was complete BS though.

First his Serperior is super OP against literally every other trainer here and then it is laughably weak VS Alder.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Trip's victory was complete BS though.

First his Serperior is super OP against literally every other trainer here and then it is laughably weak VS Alder.
Not that I'm justifying the power fluctuations but Alder is a Champion. They are stupid OP so while Serperior may seem OP against a bunch of League level trainers Pokemon it wouldn't translate to any kind of success against a Champion. I'd expect any Pokemon we saw in the tournament to look weak against Alder.

Janovy

Banned
Not that I'm justifying the power fluctuations but Alder is a Champion. They are stupid OP so while Serperior may seem OP against a bunch of League level trainers Pokemon it wouldn't translate to any kind of success against a Champion. I'd expect any Pokemon we saw in the tournament to look weak against Alder.
That's not the problem, it's that just in the previous episode Serperior had no problems dodging Pignite due to being severely faster. However in this battle, Serperior's amazing speed seems nonexistent just so Trip can lose the battle. I mean, Pignite and Bouffalant have identical base speed.

Technically, Trip could have used Glare and then spammed Dragon Tail.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was terrible. The writers can't seem to decide whether Trip should be mediocre or overpowered. It kind of sucks, since a win for Ash in one of these tournaments would have been nice.

At least in this episode, Shooti proved that he was indeed worthy of being Satoshi's regional rival since his battle was phenomenal. Jalorda was handled well.

Daizy

I call you honey
Most of the Pokemon battles were rushed and the one battle that was prolonged was pretty dismal. I mean as others have said, Dragonite surviving an Ice type attack and winning was dumb.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
All the battles were rushed. Cynthia vs Caitlin was the highlight of the episode. It was also the first time a Champion’s pokemon got thrown around like a rag doll lmao.