• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Journey... Across Oz?

danburite

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN
I've searched, and I didn't see any info on this, which is weird, because this is BIG.

http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendo/news/index.php

Nintendo Australia is FINALLY doing a Pokemon event!! They don't have many specifics as of yet, but if it's anything like the Journey Across America tour, I think we can expect to finally get Celebi, and possibly the other promo Pokemon.

IT'S ABOUT BLOODY TIME, TOO!

If I can get to the Indooroopilly Shopping Centre or the Logan Hyperdome, i'm going to try my hand at the vid game championships. I'll probably be defeated in the first round, but we'll see. OH, how we'll see!

Discuss.

Last edited:

danburite

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN
Server stuff seemed to knock this off first page (roughly 2 days without a chance to reply didn't help, either) so... bumpy bumpy!

I know there's plenty of Aussie fans on these forums, so make your voice... er, keyboard heard!

danburite

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN
So did I... right before the server went down. I did a search, so maybe we posted ours at roughly the same time?

Whatever, yours has more posts. :)
Close please!

metalx42

dp trainer
people are makin threds about this all the time why doesnt some one make one thread and we all go to that one
ps i am gonna use my swampert vanasaur and a typhlosion im trainin from level 85 for the tourny

The hacker deleted all threads made on JAOZ including mine. I went today and it was really good, here is my report which I wrote for the Pokemon Australia Club here at Serebii Forums:
Well I have returned from JAOZ, It was very crowded and you could hardly move since the event area was closed off with Barricades but it was good.

I managed to win a Pokemon 10th Anniversary Frisbee since I answered a question, but others who answered questions got Munchlax Dolls, Pokemon Mysery Dungeon, DVDs, etc.

For the Game Championship, you just need your game since you use their GBA and Cable. You use 3 Pokemon and if they are not Lv:100 then don't bother entering.

Nintendo Australia tried to get Mew, Celebi and Deoxys but America are using them for their event at the moment but once they do get them, they will give them to us.

The two Nintendo People talked about the Wii and how they have been playing Wii all week, they also mentioned PBR which they called "Pokemon Battle" since the name will change and they mentioned D/P. The people from Nintendo said that if you don't pre-order a Wii then you will miss out cos they are hot.

They had cool prizes from America's Pokemon Centre like a Pikachu Plushie on a 1 and a PokeBall, 1 rare Munchlax Doll, Pokemon MD, DVDs and Black DS Lites.

They revealed that Thursday 28th at 7am till 8am, Channel 10 will air the Pokemon MD special and have a special competition for it too. This is also the same day MD is released it Aus.

The free SMS gift is a pretty cool Badge that has the Pokemon 10th anniversary logo on it.

No Plushies or anything Pokemon is for sale at JAOZ so if you want those really rare Plushies then you gotta be the lucky person the people chose to answer a Pokemon question. I was chosen but all I got was a Pokemon frisbee.

I played MD and Ranger, Ranger seemed alot more fun then MD but I dodn't play very long, they had many DS games there to play.

A man in a Pikachu costume came for abit and I took a photo of my cousine with Pikachu. I think I was right in a photo Nintendo took for their site so if I see myself I will post it here.

You could battle with Trading Cards or learn how to play the Trading Figure Game, there was also colouring in.

There was a Pokemon Dash jumping tunnel thing for people under 6 years old.

BlackFireCharizard

Master of Charizards
And yet...........ENGLAND STILL HASN'T HAD A CHANCE TO GET MEW,CELEBI,JIRACHI OR DEOXYS!

nintendofreakgcn

Seeker of the truth
I'll be at the one in Western Australia. I'll enter the tournament, but I'll probably get my hide whooped. I'm in the process of playing the games like crazy to get a squad of Level 100s ready.

danburite

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN
people are makin threds about this all the time why doesnt some one make one thread and we all go to that one
ps i am gonna use my swampert vanasaur and a typhlosion im trainin from level 85 for the tourny

Hmm. That could be why I asked for this one to be closed. At the time I made this, there was only one other thread. It's not my fault people keep making them!
And while i'm on the subject, WHY the hell isn't there a stickied one yet!? The JAA got stickies, why not JAO?

BlackFireCharizard said:
And yet...........ENGLAND STILL HASN'T HAD A CHANCE TO GET MEW,CELEBI,JIRACHI OR DEOXYS!

Yeah... neither have we. Apparently they made some bull**** lie about America still using Celebi at their event. (which ended LAST MONTH, might I add)

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
*Sniff* It's lucky for most of you... none for me nor any of my friends...
There is no event in SA :(

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I might go if they are close enough to me, but not an hour or half an hour away... do we know the locations they are going to?

Krucifier

Rainbow Trainer
err......I made A thread about this 2 MONTHS ago, it's in 3rd gen general discussion

Totoro

O hai you guysh !
All I can say on the event was that is was fully shitté.

Enough said.

Acheront

Ugh... those shiny Pokemon such as Ho oh and stuff are all obtained by a cheating device. Check where the Pokemon have been caught. You can see that Ho-oh was obtained in Victory Road - not possible unless a cheating device was used. I suggest you remove them from your game. :D

scythian_reaper

EXC355UM DOMU5
I didnt see this thread so I made my own... but I guess I'll post the info I have in here...

Nintendo held a pokemon tour here in Australia... and here is a report for anyone who is interested...

Thanks to Pyro for the write up, videos and more pics coming soon.

Pokemon Tour 2006 - Chadstone, Victoria

Well we all had a fun day for starters, im sure you would agree anyway :p
It was better than I expected it would be, the seriously brought out all the big guns for this event. More staff, more stuff, more fun. The events also seem to be growing in popularity.
DSC00075.jpg

That was taken in the morning from the top floor. Down there it was body to body jam packed with poke fans. Everyone trying to get a good line of sight at the 3 competition stands where the duels took place. It seemed that everyone who competed had their fair share of legendaries. Some of the "illusive" pokemon in the game just seem common. Everyone had either a Groudon or a Kyogre or even both. Some were packing Mewtwos and even saw a Ho-oh once or twice. Also managed to get a good look at some of the older legendaries like Zapdos. His pals Arti and Moltress were left on the shelf this time round.

Here's some young poke fans getting right next to the stage and training hard.
DSC00084.jpg

look at them go! =D

There was a "Best Dressed" award or some might call it Cosplay. There was:
Ash Katchem (sp?!)
DSC00099.jpg

Ash Katchem 2
(Very illusive didnt manage to get a picture)

Team Rockets very own Jessie
DSC00097.jpg

And the winner Little Pikachu who was the crowd favourite by a mile.
DSC00101.jpg

Apart from the actual Pokemon Video game championship there was a Pokemon dash blow up maze thing happening for the smaller children
DSC00090.jpg

A very intense Pokemon TCG battles with the National Pokemon Card Champion!
Winners would recieve a gym badge and a booster pack!
DSC00092.jpg

There was also some "colouring-in" tables which a few of us had a bit of a go at.
Here's chrono getting caught colouring in with his mates, one of the kids looks asleep! >.<
DSC00103.jpg

And shapies pro pikachuTEC
DSC00087.jpg

mad colouring skills there. Big future in modern art ;)

The special gift that comes from being a www.nintendo.com.au member which I suggest you sign upto right now because you get exclusive details about the Wii and stuff. (They take care of me so I pimp them out XD)
DSC00091.jpg

Now the competition.

I havent finished uploading all the 20+ videos I took (bloody camera phone only records in 1m parts T_T)
So Ill add to this write-up by tomorrow with videos and some other things that went down.
I tell you now, keep an eye out for this write-up it was a killer tournament and resulted in Nintendo Aus's first EVER female winner.
Big stuff.

More soon, Exc will be adding his photos and crap >.>

~PyroZeroX

NEXT DAY...
Well today was no where near as much people as yesterday, but it was still fun as and had plenty of competiton.
A few of the finalists from the day before came back the next day for a 2nd chance, plus a few other pros they werent at the Chadstone event.

After an hour and a half drive (would have been less if I didnt stop at Dandenong Plaza, and then realising I wasnt in Fountain gate)... I arrived at about 9.30pm and there was already a line of nearly 100 people... and alot more missed out for coming like 15-20mins after me...
Spots fill up quick, so be early Ladies.

I got position 92 and then realising I was only 3 people away from the bother of Chadstone's winner and first female tour winner ever... Julia.
And according to her he is better and was also using her Cartridge... Great news for me... >_<
But lucky I didnt have to face him once through out the whole day, came close a few times though.

After I found out my brother deleted my game a few days before the tour... I got to some intense Pokemon training Beating the game and getting 3 Lv.100 pokemon in 2 days, then another 2 more by the next day...I really need sleep and I am suprised I made it there without falling alseep on the long and boring road.

Day one Team Included... Kyogre, Groudon and Latias... they didnt do too bad, but I needed a better team and I knew I would train hard and get one on the next day.
Day two Team Included...Kyogre, Groudon, Latias, Blissey and Mew2
This was a much, much better team... I didnt really use anything other then my Highly EV trained Mew2 for the first 3 rounds... but in the 3rd round this 12 year old kid tried to use Fissure on my mew2 and for a second I thought it hit, but thankfully it didnt and my Mew2 was already powered up and took care or all his 3 Pokemon.

A few people that returned were Attila (Top 4) and his brother (1-2 round), Steve (2nd in Chadstone), Golden Pheonix (Top 4 in Chadstone), plus a few more of the regulars that are always at these awesome tours, Like Wayne who is 90% of the time the first person in line.

A few new people like Mossimo, Ashley (Winner), James (Zelda.1) and a few others that I didnt get thier names, but I call them by thier Pokemon...eg.
Lugia Guy, Blissey dude, Orange Sableye guy and Julia's brother....

Most of the people I mentioned before destroyed everthing in their path for the first few rounds... except Julias brother who had some bad luck in the 3rd round cause Ashley OHKO'ed his Blissey with Sheer COLD and then it went down hill for him from there... 0_0
If you read this...Bad luck dude, this is Pokemon after all... I was sure you were going to make top 4 pretty easily.
James also had an upset loss from this young girl (forgot her name)... he was doing very well up until that point, a few people made some n00b mistakes like picking the worng move... just be careful cause it lags alittle and people press it too many times and pick the wrong move or Pokemon.
Attila's brother did much better today, but just lost in his match that could have gone either way.

Top 16 time...
Attila smashed his opponent in this round thanks to his Registeel...
Steve also didnt have many problems here
We lost Orange Sableye dude in this round
Two good friends had to face each other and put on a great show for the crowd....

Now my Match...
Me vs Ashley (The winner of Fountain Gate)
My team - Starter Kyogre. then Mew2 and Groudon
His Team - Starter Kyogre. then Mew2 and Umbreon

Both of us send out Kyogre, hes one had Quick Claw so it was faster...
He uses Thunder... I made a mistake of Having thunderbolt and not thunder...
And other thing I did wrong was not switch out to Groudon so it would be a sunny day and his Thunder would have had a less chance of hitting... but I guess you learn from your mistakes.
Hope you guys learn from mine.
Anyway I cop 2 Thunders and he takes a T/Bolt and gets paralysis... I could tell I had more S.attk then he did cause my T/Bolt did almost as much damage as his Thunder.

Anyway, I call out Mew2... And Calm Mind away...I get in 1 C/M ... then he calls out his Umbreon...and calls back his Kyogre, which is still below half health and also Paralyzed.
So I Calm mind again as he Shadow Balls... but thanks to the Calm mind they dont do much damage but still gets me low and he takes some Major damage from my Ice-beams and finally faints.

Then he calls out his Mew2.... I get thundered and faint but not before I do some major damage with Ice-Beam... so I call out groudon
He uses Recover and I used Earthquake and he gets hurt bad...and it looks like he is going down, but it stops on 2HP Left... *_*
So he uses Ice-Beam which is super effective, but I dont faint and I KO him with another earthquake...
But cause he survived with 2 HP and and got that I/Beam in I was low on health, had he not got it... it would have been...
My Full health Groudon Vs His Below Half health Paralyzed Kyogre... but it wasnt meant to be..
So then even though he is paralyzed thanks to his Quick Claw he gets a Water spout in and my Groudon faints cause it was on just over 100 HP...
It was a good match, damn those 2 Health points though.... ^_^

Top 8 time....
Main Events...

Attila Vs Steve *Chadstone rematch*
Steve beat Attila the day before and Attila wanted revenge for it... so he made sure he had a counter for him incase he came today which he did.

*Video coming soon*

Ashely, Mossimo, steve and the Jirachi dude made it through

Final 4...

Jirachi dude Vs Steve

*Video coming soon*

Mossimo Vs Ashley

*Video coming soon*

And then the Final match for world domination...
Ashley Vs Steve...
Great match to watch, some bad luck on Steve's part but thats Pokemon...

*Video Coming soon*

And here are some pics of the events of this weekends events...

The Chadstone Crowd, probably the biggest crowd I have seen in any tour.

Kalum and Kat getting us pumped up.

Crono lookling like Chopper gets up to thank the crowd for thier votes and picks up his Idol Award that arrived from the U.S

One of the dudes that won a DSlite... a few people missed out cause that werent around when they called thier name... and you can also see the Chaddy Champ in the Bsckground.

The nice folks at Nintendo... Stacey and Elle

The curly brothers, some of the pros of Chadstone

Me with the Chaddy Champ... Julia... She is a great and Humble champion.

Pikachu on stage... someone gave it too many Protein Vitamins for the Vitamin Guru dude.

Pryo, Me, Nintendo chick, Steroid Pika, Chopper, Toad, Sharpie and Dark Yoshi.

This time with Charmander..

It was starting to get cold.

Above:Kalum with a very nicely done Ash...even the lighting things on his Cheeks...
Below: Chopper (Crono aka Jamie) and wayne with Ash

Me and Jamie with the National TCG champ... Marcus... I dont think he lost one match on both days... hes insane at it...X_^

Final Summary: well another very succesful weekend by Nintendo here in Melbourne...
For some reason this event was more fun then the last tours, probably cause I didnt expect much from Pokemon that I trainied in 3 days.. so I say to you guys.. Just go and have fun, dont worry about how well you will go, just play... you'll have heaps more fun, people were losing and laughing about it.
Plus they gave away like 3 Black DSlites to random people... and the trivia is a great part of the day if you aint competing, you could score yourself cool prizes like...
Mystery Dungeon Blue rescue team and the GBA advance one too
Pokemon toys
Pokemon frisy's
Pokemon Series 1 and 2 on DVD
Pokemon Movie 8 DVD
And heaps more
Man, even though it was such a long drive I would go every day, thats how fun these days were, plus I made heaps of new friends in the past two days, and I'm sure I will see them in upcoming tours, when ever that may be..
Thanks again Nintendo for another awesome day, we really appreciate everything you guys do for us, and thanks to Kalum, Kat and the rest ot the Nintendo crew for keeping everything running smoothly...
Looking foward to the next time we meet guys...

P.S... Crono... Kat says Shave that Chopper Facial hair... :p

Random video of me looking around, few familiar faces in it, plus you see Tibs and Attila in it, plus Marcus and a few others...I think the dude with the Atari T-Shirt is from A-N...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izttYYQLZBI

Acheront

Top 16 time...
Attila smashed his opponent in this round thanks to his Registeel...
Steve also didnt have many problems here
We lost Orange Sableye dude in this round
Two good friends had to face each other and put on a great show for the crowd....

How embarassing. The MC made the whole crowd stare at me and my friend on stage >__>. And he won me by luck with his Sword Danced Groudon's EQ on my Suicune, which also gets my Resting Regice and Mewtwo. Ugh stupid Choice Band of his. :p

Last edited: