• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Journey To The Starting Line! (014)

gentwoer

I watched this episode because the premise sounded cute.

It was pretty bad.

Gilbert's problem seemed to be that he was a lazy entitled little brat so why was the lesson suddenly to be more brave and less cowardly? Ehh. Also he's suppose to be 10? His voice is way too deep. Even Gary had this nasally quality that made him semi-believable for a tween. Gilbert's voice was ridiculous. We're talking Shingo from the Viz dub of Sailor Moon inappropriate

Didn't Delia call Mr.Mime Mimey? Now he's just Mr.Mime? At least she taught him Psychic.

I do like that Ash's Bulbasaur got a lot of focus he was always my favorite of Ash's Red/Blue starters in the Indigo League seasons

The music was entirely 4KIDS stock music from season 1, no?

There was a completely random bit where the characters are like those aren't Mankeys those are Primapes. Easy mistake to make? Is that a 4kids writers trying to save face for all the times they screwed up Pokemon names?

The whole thing had a very Nick JR feel to it. Is that typical of a Chronicles episode?

Leonhart

Imagineer
The whole thing had a very Nick JR feel to it. Is that typical of a Chronicles episode?

Some of these special episodes have a solid basis, but the execution of the plot isn't always good. This episode is a good example of a decent idea gone bad.

Daizy

I call you honey
This episode was ok... Man, Gilbert was really annoying for most of this episode, but did start understanding Pokemon better as the episode went on.

He was a spoiled kid and even after he began bonding with Bulbasaur I didn't think his sudden 180 turn was realistic. He seemed like such a newb.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
He was a spoiled kid and even after he began bonding with Bulbasaur I didn't think his sudden 180 turn was realistic. He seemed like such a newb.

Well he was literally a newbie, but I found him redeemable because he reminded me of how Satoshi acted when his journey began.