• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Journey to the Unown (528)

Dax

Legend
Anyone noticed the Breloom was pronounced differently, while it may have been more correct to pronounce it the way they did in the episode, it was kind of annoying.

I noticed it and it bothered me a bit since I'm a loyal fan of Breloom.

Rebeccag

I really enjoyed this episode although Ambipoms voice did annoy me slightly although it is amusing. I also liked the Ash/Kemny battle though and i liked kenny blushing at the end ^_^ that was cute. Jessie sitting on Kenny was so funny though ^_^. Overall best episode there has been for a while

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. It was nice to see Double Hit, though it could’ve been called something better (perhaps something like Double Strike or something). It was neat to see a Bronzong. It was cool to see an Energy Ball. I thought it was funny when Team Galactic’s leader caught Team Rocket. It was cool to see an Ambipom. It was rather funny when Jessie nearly crushed Kenny’s back.

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Something that Ipersonally didn't like is how they portrayed the move Flash. Instead of lighting the entire area and leaving it at that, it turned Bronzor into a levitating flashlight.

That really irked me...

I liked the episode until when Aipom evolved, I hated Ambipom in the first place then it got that dreadful voice. Something that did make me happy though is Dawn won't be using it hardly at all so I don't have to see it.

wtf PUSA

first you give Breloom a perfect voice and then....AmbiiieeeeeeeeeeeePAAAmmmmmmmm sounds like it was a f*cking fandub on youtube or something.

Sladazo

I liked the episode. Aipom evolved, and whenever evolution happens, it's exciting (for me anyway). The only problem I had with it was Ambipom's voice. When I first heard it, I thought of a human voice automatically because it sounded like one to me. It seemed to have gotten better though, but that might be since I had gotten used to it later in the episode.

Ivysaur92

I hadn't seen the episode since when it was in Japan, and I felt for the dub it was very good. Ash's voice didn't get on my nerves as much as usual either.

I have to give credit to the animation too, as this is one of those episodes where aipom looked great, and didn't have that (in my opinion) ugly petrified face.

Good to see Kenny and especially Prinplup and an overall good storyline. I liked the blatant shipping shown for Kenny to Dawn too.
Breloom was pretty cool in this, and I am once again reminded how great energy ball really does look.

Aipoms double hit was pretty snazzy too. I think even focus punch looked better than ususal in this!

As for Ambipom's voice.. I really didn't think it was that bad, and even if I do like the Japanese voice better, I will be able to tolerate this Ambipom.

Overall a good episode even if I do like aipom a lot better, and thank god the new voices are still getting better (because Ash still has a long way to go!)

One question before I am done though: Why didn't Dawn use the appeal with Aipom that she planned, as it is much better than the appeal she actaually does use in the next episode..

;190; ;394; ;388;

Kataphrut

This was a pretty good episode. Nice to see Kenny back again, but his voice actor sounded like she had the flu.

On the subject of voices, nothing wrong with Ambipom's voice. Once again, there are some people who are overeacting. It's not good, but it's not bad. It's just...adequate.
However, Saturn's voice makes him sound like Harley v1.1. Slightly deeper, but still utterly gay.

Meanwhile, I enjoyed this episode. Kenny as Jessie's cushion, the legendary "owww....my back" line from the aforementioned scene and the ever-changing Solaceon Ruins all provided laughs. Spot on.

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
Yes, really a great episode again!

Getting a first impression of Team Galactic´s evil plans was exciting as was the whole adventure within the ruins: The red light created a strange but appropriate atmosphere.

Waht pleased me most was that Ash was again shown as a real hero without any fear! Great, awesome, fantastic!

Our heroes trying to catch Dawn and Team Rocket made me laugh out loud but Jessie sitting on Kenny was especially hilarious! XD

Brock´s final closet comment was a successful finish of a even more succesful episode!

Marvelous episode, therefore 9 out of 10 point!!!

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
The first thing I like about it is that Dawn finally have an evolved pokemon!
The second thing is Kenny freaked out! (serves him right for calling Dawn "Dee-dee")

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
The sweet, sweet irony of a 4Kids VA being Ambipom's VA, which is a terrible voice by the way. I guess its automatically the greatest thing ever, huh?

I liked the episode. I guess Kenny's VA had a cold, because she sounded really off. Hopefully she's better next episode. Saturn was actually good, but now we need the other commanders...eventually. I loled at Kenny freaking out about the walls going crazy. He seems like a normal kid from Anywhere, USA, which is ok, who gets into these wacky situations with his Shonen buddies.

I like that he's not trying to be the next Drew, Gary, or even Paul. He's just Kenny from next door, a giant wuss stepping into the world of cockfighting/Pokemon.

Cobalt_Latios

Well, after finally deciding to watch this episode, I thought it was rather well handled.

Unlike the Luxray episode, I will make this short seeing as I haven't really that much to say about it... well except that there quite a few things that I liked.

Firstly, I still find it funny that even though the statues have "unown" writing on it, I laugh that if anyone takes the time to "pause" you'll notice that it's actually in Japanese. Funniest thing ever.

Next, the proper introduction of Saturn was great. It's neat the Team Rocket shows a flashback at their "order" from Team Galactic. Awesome, I had not thought this would happen. That and I really thought Saturn's voice suited it. Hopefully, once Mars, Jupiter and Cyrus appear, they'll get an equally appropriate voice. Good show PUSA! I also thought it was neat how they actually had three of the "Arceus Plates". I pretty much went wide eyed at this. Really cool, especially with the game connection and all. Interesting use of the Unown ruins. Very neat use. Curious to know exactly what that cube is going to used for...

Now on to Ash and friends... it was a little bit funny when just as Ash is about to figure out what Aipom evolves into, Kenny shows up. The battle between Ash and Kenny was ironic, firstly they say they're going to finish off their battle from before right? So, now that they have yet to finish this one, they might have to re-finish the battle later on. Doubt it'll happen though. And now I know where Energy Ball comes from (well, where Turtwig is trying to learn in the upcoming episode "Tanks for the Memories"... even if it hasn't yet aired in the U.S.). Now, I don't know, but I really hope the writers are not serious about the continual repeated use of that damned coin flipper. This is the third time I've seen it... Dawn better get something better soon, or I'll be even more irked.

Inside the ruins... well it was pretty entertaining. Ash remembers a valuable saying involving: "Whatever you're feeling, your Pokémon will feel the same". Wow, never thought Ash'd be that smart... right. Kenny being all freaked out was genius. Then the whole "Labyrinth" concept for the ruins was okay, and it really added depth to the already semi-labyrinth of the ingame ruins.

The funniest scene had to be when Ash and co., Dawn and Team Rocket meet up with each other. "Ash, why are you on the ceiling?"- "Uh, Dawn, I think you're on the ceiling."
Fog clears, and Dawn + TR come falling down, lol. I half expected Happiny to come out of it's pokeball and miraculously catch the entire group in it's gravity defying hold... not that hard to believe, but I'm glad they just came crashing down. Of course, had it happened, we wouldn't have the comedic scene with Jessie landing onto Kenny. That was fun.

I'm not as irked about the whole Ambipom pronounciation, or it's voice for that matter. Granted, seeing as how I can understand what's going on via "native tongue", the voices then come second, as I can easily just go along for the ride.

....*looks at above*, okay, maybe it's a bit longer than I'd thought it would be. Oh well.

Well, once again, I've watched and enjoyed another entertaining episode. Till next weekend!

~C_L~

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
Next, the proper introduction of Saturn was great. It's neat the Team Rocket shows a flashback at their "order" from Team Galactic. Awesome, I had not thought this would happen. That and I really thought Saturn's voice suited it. Hopefully, once Mars, Jupiter and Cyrus appear, they'll get an equally appropriate voice. Good show PUSA! I also thought it was neat how they actually had three of the "Arceus Plates". I pretty much went wide eyed at this. Really cool, especially with the game connection and all. Interesting use of the Unown ruins. Very neat use. Curious to know exactly what that cube is going to used for...

Now on to Ash and friends... it was a little bit funny when just as Ash is about to figure out what Aipom evolves into, Kenny shows up. The battle between Ash and Kenny was ironic, firstly they say they're going to finish off their battle from before right? So, now that they have yet to finish this one, they might have to re-finish the battle later on. Doubt it'll happen though. And now I know where Energy Ball comes from (well, where Turtwig is trying to learn in the upcoming episode "Tanks for the Memories"... even if it hasn't yet aired in the U.S.).

Nice summary which mentions exactly these scenes that I deem the best ones of this fantastic episode.
Unfortunately, the writers didn´t allow the battle between Kenny and Ash to be finished. They got out of this affair by just interrupting it, which at the same time is my only point of criticism.

Be it the Saturn´s impressive voice while watching the golden cube emerge from the ground or the awesome animation of Dawn running upstairs within the temple from different and changing perspectives or Ash´s encouraging words (btw, @Cobalt-Latios, they were: "If you act frightened, how are your Pokemon gonna feel? "), I was fond of almost every moment in this episode.
Now I´m really looking forward to coming to know what role this cube is going to play in the story about Spear Pillar (it´s so exiting and cool!) and how Ash is going to train Energyball to Turtwig. It´ll sure be a pleasure to see this attack when our grass pokemon finally masters it.

So another long week of waiting has to be borne, but the anticipation of many promising episodes fills my with joy and excitement.

I dare to assert that D/P has already become known as the most successful saga so far and I deeply hope they´ll keep on maintaing this development.

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
What does Energy Ball look like?

Edit: I saw it, looks like a green Zap Cannon, or more like a green electric Rasengan.

*groans* I saw it and it looks okay, but I was expecting something like the Infecto-blob from Ratchet and Clank 3, not this glowing Shadow Ball clone.

Seriously, I know the artists don't like to burn themselves out on creativity, but using the same stock footage and recoloring it doesn't make for a good attack animation. What's next? Aqua Tail being a blue Iron Tail? Ice Shard being a glowing white Poison Sting? C'mon, artists, get a little creative! :(

Still, the episode(which I had to watch on YouTube thanks to oversleep, thank goodness it was decent quality unlike last time) was great, but what does Brock know? How could he know that Aipom can evolve?

Starry Mew

The Sky Is The Limit
Team Galatic made an appearance again, Kenny is back and Aipom evolved into Ambipom. This episode sure has many surprises.

Edit: Rank up! (^.^)

Last edited: