• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Journey to the Unown (528)

uber gon

Accept Change
*groans* I saw it and it looks okay, but I was expecting something like the Infecto-blob from Ratchet and Clank 3, not this glowing Shadow Ball clone.

Seriously, I know the artists don't like to burn themselves out on creativity, but using the same stock footage and recoloring it doesn't make for a good attack animation. What's next? Aqua Tail being a blue Iron Tail? Ice Shard being a glowing white Poison Sting? C'mon, artists, get a little creative! :(

Still, the episode(which I had to watch on YouTube thanks to oversleep, thank goodness it was decent quality unlike last time) was great, but what does Brock know? How could he know that Aipom can evolve?

Got a pic of that weapon or a vid of it being used?

Anyway, it was kinda neat how Ash said it was about time Turtwig learned something new.

dman_dustin

*groans* I saw it and it looks okay, but I was expecting something like the Infecto-blob from Ratchet and Clank 3, not this glowing Shadow Ball clone.

Seriously, I know the artists don't like to burn themselves out on creativity, but using the same stock footage and recoloring it doesn't make for a good attack animation. What's next? Aqua Tail being a blue Iron Tail? Ice Shard being a glowing white Poison Sting? C'mon, artists, get a little creative! :(
Even though Shadow ball did come first I like energy ball better (in terms of coloring) though its understandable why energy ball look a lot like shadow ball (they're basically the same exact move only ones a ghost type and the other is a grass type)

uber gon

Accept Change
Even though Shadow ball did come first I like energy ball better (in terms of coloring) though its understandable why energy ball look a lot like shadow ball (they're basically the same exact move only ones a ghost type and the other is a grass type)

The artists could've added something to distinguish it at least.

HoennMaster

Well, Shadow Ball is usually pure black or has purple and black electricity around it, while Energy Ball look kind of clear and has a green swirling effect around it.

AdvanceX

Glacier Trainer
Best animation that has been shown in the anime for a LONG WHILE!! I hate how rare stuff like this pops up

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
All those times Brock said people have secrets, I was waiting for Ash to say Pro. Ivy.
I wanted to see him say that sooo much.
I guess everyone has just forgotten.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Team Galactic has failed to interest me in the least in their anime appearances. Team Magma and Team Aqua were far more interesting, and at least their plot was easy to follow. I mean, even in the games the Team Galactic plot stinks (why doesn't the time/space distortion do anything, like devolve/level down your pokemon or something? At least in the RSE games there's weather effects).

The unown plot wasn't that great, and it got repetitive, but it was great to see Kenny again, and the part where the one group ends up on the ceiling was hilarious. I also liked that Team Rocket didn't blast off, and at least Aipom evolved. Other than that, I didn't care for this episode.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
I have to admit the show wasn't as amusing as the dubbed version then as the original one, but they ha to add something plot related sooner or later...

lunarshadow

Hadou Aprentice
The unown plot wasn't that great, and it got repetitive, but it was great to see Kenny again, and the part where the one group ends up on the ceiling was hilarious. I also liked that Team Rocket didn't blast off, and at least Aipom evolved. Other than that, I didn't care for this episode.

You know, I'd hate to agree with you, but I was really hoping for a better plot with those Unown. Ambipom's evolution was for the better though, but it unfortunately didn't even help her in the next episode. Other than that, the animation as said before was definitely top class.

Did anyone else find it odd that when Kenny says "I'm going to see Dialga and Palkia." (or something similar), Ash and Dawn reply like it's nothing, and then freak out? That seemed incredibly weird....

Anime-Ash

I loved this episode. Canada finally got to see Aipom evolve. The animation was perfect, and I felt like, because of the animation, it was like a movie. It was a really good episode.

Anime-Ash

I loved this episode. Canada finally got to see Aipom evolve. The animation was perfect, and I felt like, because of the animation, it was like a movie. It was a really good episode.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
It was nice to see Aipom finally evolve, it's a shame it had to happen with Dawn though.

ccangelopearl1362

Male Galactic Grunt: "Splash Plate set."
Female Galactic Grunt: "Iron Plate set."
Saturn: (couple of seconds later) "Draco Plate set."

While Kenny was in the process of exchanging tips about Energy Ball with Ash -- and teasing moments with Dawn -- Team Galactic was busy retrieving a mysterious cube from the Solaceon Ruins. The plates corresponded to Dialga and Palkia's types perfectly, and the resulting disruption in the Unown from Saturn's Bronzor's Confuse Ray threw the monument into turmoil. It may have been just as well that Aipom would evolve into Ambipom after learning Double Hit earlier, and I could only chuckle with bemusement as Brock talked about certain secrets in Kenny's closet at the end. Kenny may not have guessed why Ash, Dawn, and Brock were startled to hear him mention Dialga and Palkia, but I don't doubt at all that those two legendaries will become even more important in the future.

Rommath

▲_▲
Team Galactic gets their first proper role, and Ambipom evolves. A nice episode overall, another Unown episode was a good idea.

Glad their following the anime way with certain evolutions, Ambipom learning Double Hit was a worthwhile measure.