• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Journeys still has 16 episodes left in Japan apparently

Rune Knight

...I know that it's just me clinging on to hope... but maybe there are a few good possibilities...

1) They got in trouble for announcing the number of episodes left and OLM told them to take it back.
2) The season is actually going to have more than 54 episodes.
3) The count is slightly off by just a bit.

Since they usually release episodes in increments of 12, maybe the actual count is 48 or even 60; however, being real, it's most likely that there will actually be 42, and that they'll release the first 2 parts in 15 the 3rd in 12. I really hope that's not the case.

I really hope that's not the case. I mean, I might as well play Sonic 06 at this point; yeah it was rushed, but at least the Hedgehog got a smooch.

...Well... maybe there will be enough time for Goh to give Ash a smooch.

Sorry, bad jokes get me through dark times.

Last edited:

AARTX

Dead inside…
Wait I’m confused. Was the episode count a mistake or the inclusion of the episode count was the mistake?

Rune Knight

The idea that they were perhaps asked by OLM to reclarify on the post makes sense to me.

Perhaps they are counting on the audience to assume that there are only a few episodes remaining in order to avoid people from potentially narrowing down how the ending will play out; after all, no episode after JN127 has been revealed, and that airs next week.

And they probably would want to take every precaution necessary since so much content had been leaked.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
That’s not how PR for an international company works.

And there you go.

Yup. It's not as if I already pointed it out that anything regarding the Dub is a credible source.

Aaand this saga continues being a joke on the big picture.

Dub talking sh*t out of their necks has no influence on the show being produced by a Japanese company.. It's obvious at least ten to twelve episodes got cut due to Covid-related delays and forced upon breaks due to a horrid timeslot.

AARTX

Dead inside…
Unclear.

There's a possibility they released information that was not meant to be known yet, and were asked by OLM or TPCi to remove it. Editors note doesn't specify which it is, just that the 'details about the number of episodes were included in error'.

I'm honestly leaning towards the idea that they accidentally leaked something and were instructed to remove it.

They never made any mistakes regarding episode counts in their previous press releases, so it would be highly unusual if they did so now.
Maybe a surprise villain arc reveal LMAO

Locormus

They never made any mistakes regarding episode counts in their previous press releases, so it would be highly unusual if they did so now.

This was the first series that got to the end phase while there were a multitude of forced breaks and covid-related delays.

So unusual, but it can be explained easily with them thinking 'normal episode count' without even communicating with the production company to become aware of the situation regarding the episodes that got cut.

Rune Knight

Yeah.

Someone pointed out that in the previous press releases, the "approximate" episode counts they released were completely accurate.
So the idea that now they made such a big mistake is a bit hard to believe.

For whatever reason, they're hiding the actual episode count now compared to the previous seasons.

I agree, and it's an odd coincidence that they would re-clarify their initial statement right after it happened to get so much attention when they could have just left it alone. It sort of rouses more suspicion.

Last edited:

Locormus

I suppose that would be a reasonable explanation.

I guess only time will tell...

In my eyes, it's kinda like this situation (abbreviated and condensed for the example):

OLM starts production of episodes, they state to TPCi that they'll produce 30 episodes. After the original airings, TPCi announces a 10 episode season. This spans episodes 1-10.

Meanwhile, OLM has gotten production issues due to covid and had to cut a few episodes (lets say two), but is largely ahead. TPCi announces another 10 episode season. This now compromises Episodes 11-22 (but TPCi is unaware of the cuts, due to bad communication with OLM).

Then OLM wraps up production on Journeys. TPCi announces a final batch of ten episodes. But lo and behold, there were only eight left to release. They quickly post an editors note stating the original noted number was off.

AARTX

Dead inside…
Yeah, I dunno what's up with that. I saw people speculating that Leon would end up using Eternatus vs Ash, which would be f*cked up, to say the least.

Now that I think about it. Since next episode is kind of a nostalgia trip for Goh, Eternatus is there to remind him about the darkest day arc.

What bugs me is that there wasn’t any special preview after Ash v Cynthia.

Rune Knight

Also, the first batch of episodes for Ultimate Journeys is confirmed to be 12.

So ultimately (no pun intended), I like to believe each batch will consist of 12, 12, 15, and 15 respectively, which would sum up to a total number of 54.

Last edited:

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years

UnovaMaster

Take a nap, Locormus, masdog was still right

It's still four batches being released, and with the choice of 12 for batch 1 that could easily mean up to approximately 48 episodes

Which means up to JN141 in Japan, the series is still not ending in 2022 :)

UnovaMaster

and yeah if 54 is a leak Japan didn't want known, it would suggest they want viewers to think the series ends by November.....

perhaps because it spoils Ash loses to Leon in their first full battle?

SatoSereFan224888

We have merch of the starters and legendaries using anime renders and they are coming around november so still weird
But that doesn’t mean the SV anime will start in November. Maybe the animators are practicing drawing the starters for future reference.

SatoSereFan224888

But as Locormus pointed out, maybe COVID-19 and the production issues let to the number of eps being cut down and there was some sort of miscommunication between the parties.
COVID really screwed up production. Plus I though the new games wouldn’t release until next year because COVID probably screwed up development of SV but I guess the developers were able to work on it from home.