• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Journeys still has 16 episodes left in Japan apparently

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

doofinc

get rillaboomed
I'm still on the side that the retracted episode count is still correct. I don't think Project Mew is getting off screened - unlike Lillie in Sun/Moon, Ash and Goh are "dual protagonists" so it seems wrong for Goh's goal to be off screened. It feels like they want Masters 8 to finish before Scarlet and Violet to get the Galar aspects finished before then.

Also there being another source for that episode count before the official TPCI announcement implies to me it was at least correct at the time; it's possible that it changed since then, but with the Scarlet/Violet anime being AFK, I'm gonna lean towards it being real until proved otherwise.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I'm still on the side that the retracted episode count is still correct. I don't think Project Mew is getting off screened - unlike Lillie in Sun/Moon, Ash and Goh are "dual protagonists" so it seems wrong for Goh's goal to be off screened. It feels like they want Masters 8 to finish before Scarlet and Violet to get the Galar aspects finished before then.

Also there being another source for that episode count before the official TPCI announcement implies to me it was at least correct at the time; it's possible that it changed since then, but with the Scarlet/Violet anime being AFK, I'm gonna lean towards it being real until proved otherwise.
Lets predict!
Id say 4 episodes for Project Mew at the minimum and 2 episodes to say goodbye at the minimum would happen so thats 6 episodes covered. Im assuming the 16 episodes after Ash vs Leon Part 4 is based on not counting the recaps, which is likely as it is the dub count, so that means we have to account for 10 more episodes. I doubt we are getting a DA arc lol, sooooo its very possible those 10 episodes could be used to maybe conclude the series as a whole if this is indeed Ash's last series? Im still not confident on Ash's last series being this tbh, but if it was the case I could see those 10 episodes being used for TR arc featuring Giovanni and the future of Trio, and some episodes for the companions and their goals?
But if it isnt the end of Ash, another possibility is those 10 episodes can feature a Galar aftermath arc where Leon sets up the Battle tower and has substantial interactions with Hop finally and we see more galar elements, and maybe 1 or 2 episodes about Chloe finally getting closure (and hopefully one that involves eevee evolving)

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The combination of

- Leon's insecurity about being the best
- The parallels presented between him and Ash
- Leon having Cinderace and Intelleon, in effect representing the Ash vs. Goh battle that didn't happen
- Lucario dipping out early vs. Leon despite the greater hype/buildup it's received compared to Lycanroc before it
- The piece of detail that Lucario won't Mega Evolve unless Ash's and his hearts are truly in the moment and connected
- And Lucario not getting a Mega vs. Mega Duel at all in JN despite the opportunity coming up multiple times

leads me to think that there is still one more battle left for Ash after M8 that will cover all these bases at once, getting Lucario one last hurrah and getting Ash out of that mindset. Who would battle him is unclear Misty but it doesn't feel like we're quite done with Ash's battles in JN yet.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I think the additional 16 episodes that were revealed by the TPCI/Netflix press release before it was redacted is more or less correct. The count might be off by a few episodes, but I don’t see a significant change for that number. If the number of episodes was incorrect, as some have argued, they would have just released an updated press release with the corrected episode count.

Yeah, there have been some production difficulties, but I think these are going to amount to nothing more than delays in the grand scheme of things.

I’m not sure how they would use all of these episodes. I’m sure some will be used for Project Mew. But I’m not sure what the rest would be used for. That said, I am curious to see the direction the show takes after Friday’s episode.

What is clear, though, is that there has been no sign of JN ending on Friday or a Gen9 anime that will be starting “soon-ish.”

Ryker101

Project Mew’s gonna be concluded in these eps for sure, I’m just surprised they’re finishing M8 first

Aside from that, I guess they could show off the rest of the Galar characters. Like how that Wyndon ep was showed the rest of the mons

Soniman

Break the Limit
I’m wondering if they’re stalling for a SV anime why not just take a break to get their production issues sorted out instead of keep having to make episodes? Not that I mind, gives JN more time to breathe but I’m of the mind that if a SV anime does exist we ain’t seeing it until next year

Gingertail24

I wonder. If the episode count was right, why did they redact it anyways. I feel like they are still uncertain of the episode count and just decided to scrap the statement all together and just leave the episode count all together.

Also if we are possibly seeing Project mew, what was the point of goh leaving in the first place. Wether he is in the stadium or not, PM arc would be after M8. So why have GOH leave?

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
I’m wondering if they’re stalling for a SV anime why not just take a break to get their production issues sorted out instead of keep having to make episodes? Not that I mind, gives JN more time to breathe but I’m of the mind that if a SV anime does exist we ain’t seeing it until next year

A hiatus requires the production committee members agreeing to having a hiatus. The thing is that the only people who care about the quality of the anime are the ones who make it, not the rich executives who sit around doing zero work all day. Tomiyasu and friends would do anything to improve the quality and production schedule but they have no power to stop the broadcasting of new episodes to build up a backlog of episodes nor do they have the ability to just make new, fully-trained animators appear out of thin-air.

jrizza88

Meteorite
Lets predict!
Id say 4 episodes for Project Mew at the minimum and 2 episodes to say goodbye at the minimum would happen so thats 6 episodes covered. Im assuming the 16 episodes after Ash vs Leon Part 4 is based on not counting the recaps, which is likely as it is the dub count, so that means we have to account for 10 more episodes. I doubt we are getting a DA arc lol, sooooo its very possible those 10 episodes could be used to maybe conclude the series as a whole if this is indeed Ash's last series? Im still not confident on Ash's last series being this tbh, but if it was the case I could see those 10 episodes being used for TR arc featuring Giovanni and the future of Trio, and some episodes for the companions and their goals?
But if it isnt the end of Ash, another possibility is those 10 episodes can feature a Galar aftermath arc where Leon sets up the Battle tower and has substantial interactions with Hop finally and we see more galar elements, and maybe 1 or 2 episodes about Chloe finally getting closure (and hopefully one that involves eevee evolving)
If only they have Ash lose, and Leon somehow proposes that he studied via videos (I know super far-fetched...) that Ash should re-challenge him with his OG mons + Pikachu to give us our dream 6 vs 6 we wanted. That way they both do only use one gimmick each. I know, this is an extreme pipe dream at this point.