• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Journeys still has 16 episodes left in Japan apparently

Bortgreen

UP NEXT: The calm before the Torrent
Didn't XY's final episode comprise of nothing but an unconnected story that had only Sycamore and Alexa as the main focus characters?

One of these episodes, likely the last one, could do something like that, with Sonia going over the legend of the two kings or something.
That was a special, the actual final episode is the farewell one(Clemont battle, the kiss etc)

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
What is even left to do with that many extra episodes? If it were like 3 or 4 more I could understand, but this just doesn't really add up

Ash vs Leon would take up a few episodes. Project Mew could be another multi-episode arc. After that? Maybe something that brings all of the old companions together to celebrate ash’s accomplishments. Or a final TR arc…
Wouldn't a Hisui arc be one of the more likely arcs will get before the SV anime.
This doesn't make sense. If the show really has so many episodes left, why start the PWC so early? Even if Goh were to do PM, I doubt it and the Leon battle would take up so many episodes. Hell, why finish Chloe's story so early?
If I'm right about the Hisui arc it will play out like how we got Episode N and the Declare adventures after the Unova league.

lolipiece

Peanutcase
Staff member

Jangobadass

NOBODY EXPECTS A PALDEAN INQUISTION!
My predictions for the plot for each of these 16 episodes
Ep 1: Koharu sitting on a chair
Ep 2 : Goh chasing after Mew
Ep 3: Goh captures Mew
Ep 4: Koharu walking from school to home
Ep 5: Goh captures more random Pokemon by just throwing poke ball at them
Ep 6: recap of the above 5 episodes
Ep 7: Koharu eating an omelet

Ep 12-15; Ash vs that one dimensional man in pwc
Ep 16: Bye Goh sweetie
Sounds fairly accurate *nods*

Though to add to Ep 5: Goh captures more random Pokemon by just throwing poke ball at them, then NEVER does anything with them

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
My assumption is that they didn’t want to show the non-Ash battles but backtracked at the last minute which is why we get their lacking quality. Under those assumptions, this batch is worse somehow.

It would be even worse if we go by their original planning, since the M8 would already be over by now. So that’s 16+ of who knows what.

With how it is now at least 3-4 of them will be for leon.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
It could be that Goh's and Chloe's plots got wrapped up this "early" because this section after Leon is being reserved for falling action after the climax. Something to happen for Ash so that he doesn't fall into the same top-of-the-mountain trap Leon did.

We still have an Isle of Armor left unexplored. Maybe Ash goes there next at Leon's insistence and Ash gets smacked down by Mustard? Bonus points, Mustard beats him with an Urshifu he just recently hatched and raised from a Kubfu, providing a direct parallel to Ash's star Lucario. Mustard would stop the angst character crisis before it gets started and psych Ash up for the next adventure.

Didn't Ash lose to Bea? Goh was substantially behind and had to catch up last minute to get in.
After his loss to her, Ash practically became unbeatable (and they literally said he was becoming unbeatable after that happened).
Johto being a laughingstock has nothing to do with a series supposedly being rushed.
They really couldn't make any more episodes for Johto anyway (and Alola, though given that was the latest region, they probably didn't want to give it too much focus).
Skipping most of Leon vs. Diantha gives us bigger surprises when he finally uses all his pokemon against Ash, similar to Kukui dropping a Venusaur and Empoleon on Ash out of nowhere - or how Paul used a substantially different team to what we expected.
Then why bother showing Lance's fight if it wasn't going to amount to anything for Diantha fighting Leon.
"The FACT that Ash vs. Leon MAY". Your literally stating what you indicate as an assumption as a fact.
Leon may just be more unbeatable than Ash, unless he gets Alain'd but still wins.

SatoSereFan224888

We still have an Isle of Armor left unexplored. Maybe Ash goes there next at Leon's insistence and Ash gets smacked down by Mustard? Bonus points, Mustard beats him with an Urshifu he just recently hatched and raised from a Kubfu, providing a direct parallel to Ash's star Lucario. Mustard would stop the angst character crisis before it gets started and psych Ash up for the next adventure.
Don’t like this idea. Besides I’d rather see Goh travel to Island of Armor than Ash.

Jeal

Didn't XY's final episode comprise of nothing but an unconnected story that had only Sycamore and Alexa as the main focus characters?

One of these episodes, likely the last one, could do something like that, with Sonia going over the legend of the two kings or something.
Oh yeah, this stupid special is one of the writers's biggest sins. How could they give us a completely pointless special over a special of Serena on Hoenn?

Soniman

Break the Limit
Oh yeah, this stupid special is one of the writers's biggest sins. How could they give us a completely pointless special over a special of Serena on Hoenn?
to this day it remains one of the most bafflingly written episodes that ever made it to air for how severely wasteful it was. A bunch of lore dumping for no reason when the season already ended, with lore that isn’t even relevant to the present given Xerneas and Yvetal’s zero involvement with the XYZ plot. I just want to know who that was for and why Serena’s ep slot was essentially wasted

Rune Knight

Heck yeah this pretty much nullifies most of my worries in regards to the finale being rushed. Now we definitely have room for more content being delivered at an appropriate pace.

My hope is that this will make room for a 4 episode PM arc (I don't think that we need more than that), a 4 episode Ash vs. Leon battle (though I would be fine with just 3), and 3 wrap-up episodes. The other 6-7 episodes could consist of further world-building, development, and maybe a few fillers/recaps if they need to.

Last edited:
Xerneas and Yveltal sure were done dirty in the main story, weren't they.

I guess that happens when you import a LEGENDARY GIANT ROCK (tm) from Hoenn, mix it up with unseen Mega Evolution energy, Zygarde Cells, and a Chespin.

...Yup. I can't still believe I keep writing all that nonsense together.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Xerneas and Yveltal sure were done dirty in the main story, weren't they.

I guess that happens when you import a LEGENDARY GIANT ROCK (tm) from Hoenn, mix it up with unseen Mega Evolution energy, Zygarde Cells, and a Chespin.

...Yup. I can't still believe I keep writing all that nonsense together.
Someone got paid to turn a SpongeBob rock joke into a plot point. I still can’t believe that

cricketlaxwolvesbandy

Top Talonflame: HIGHWAY TO THE DANGER ZONE!
to this day it remains one of the most bafflingly written episodes that ever made it to air for how severely wasteful it was. A bunch of lore dumping for no reason when the season already ended, with lore that isn’t even relevant to the present given Xerneas and Yvetal’s zero involvement with the XYZ plot. I just want to know who that was for and why Serena’s ep slot was essentially wasted
Beta Amourshipping but sadder
I ship those two