• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Journeys still has 16 episodes left in Japan apparently

DuskAstral

If that's true, then maybe we'll see "Galarian Star Tournament"?
This would be a chance to properly introduce the hitherto undisclosed Galar Gym leaders.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I forgot Dawn was in the opening, that gives me hope she’ll get a few more episodes before this series ends!

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
Interesting that they'd claim there are 54 episodes left, especially since I can't imagine them showing the three recap episodes (due to them being very Japanese-geared). The way things are quickly wrapping up, there'd have to be a whole new arc if there are really that many episodes left.

I forgot Dawn was in the opening, that gives me hope she’ll get a few more episodes before this series ends!
Eh it was the same as Marnie/Piers and some other characters in that opening. I don't think she'll appear again when the series is winding down, they still have to wrap up Gen 8 properly.

AJ97

I have no time to waste to be honest. I have a life (unlike a lot of people here looks like), and I am not gonna write an essay on why the first part and the third part of Ash vs Cynthia were terrible in both writing and animation, since a lot of people already did it.
I agree regarding animation.
However, what battles would you rate as better in terms of Battle Choreography (versus Episode 1)?

I'd argue Ash vs Cynthia does a really good job in terms of this and is arguably even better than the opening of Ash vs Paul (A battle which to date is held to such high standards)

ShadowForce720

Me hoping it's a typo and there's actually 44 instead of 54.
I highly doubt they would make such a mistake as accidentally having a typo like that and putting the wrong episode count.

If they say Ultimate Journeys has approximately 54 episodes then it means it’s going to have any from 53-55 episodes, it’s unlikely that they would put 54 instead of 44 episodes.

I agree regarding animation.
However, what battles would you rate as better in terms of Battle Choreography (versus Episode 1)?

I'd argue Ash vs Cynthia does a really good job in terms of this and is arguably even better than the opening of Ash vs Paul (A battle which to date is held to such high standards)
Even then the animation only took a hit in the third episode, first two looked good. I also think the third episode has some nice looking moments like Lucario struggling to get the Aura Sphere up through the Max Airstream and into GMax Togekiss face.

AJ97

Even then the animation only took a hit in the third episode, first two looked good. I also think the third episode has some nice looking moments like Lucario struggling to get the Aura Sphere up through the Max Airstream and into GMax Togekiss face.
It's good for Journey's standards, but nowhere close to Anime standards. The animation is not on the same level as the Kalos League battles for example.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
No way, this is awesome news. I guess the order came in at the last minute so they're being wonky with the scheduling, thus the recaps.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I highly doubt they would make such a mistake as accidentally having a typo like that and putting the wrong episode count.

If they say Ultimate Journeys has approximately 54 episodes then it means it’s going to have any from 53-55 episodes, it’s unlikely that they would put 54 instead of 44 episodes.
Exactly. Press releases aren't quickly typed up and emailed out. They're reviewed and at least double-checked. That doesn't mean mistakes don't happen, but key information is validated before its sent out.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Me hoping it's a typo and there's actually 44 instead of 54.

Or 45...

Could you imagine, ha ha ha...

I mean… 6-7 is the exact number of episodes that would release if the new anime starts with SV.

I don't know what to think... Guess we will have to play the waiting game until titles are announced next week and maybe a CoroCoro or a Pokefan...

Meanwhile, some data that in times of chaos like this is always good...

Pokémon DP: No idea of when it was announced…

Pokémon BW: First announcement 8 of August the following weeks they started releasing trailers in which they revealed Ash brown eyes and Black Team Rocket remember all that fuss?, the anime was released a month after on September (Do you remember?) 23

Pokémon XY: Wow this was first teased in a magazine in July despite being released in mid-October 3 months of promos

Pokémon SM: Announced mid-September. Released Mid-November

Pokémon Failure: Announced First of September, teasers each week. Go Satoshi revealed at the end of the Month. Released Mid-November

Pokémon SAVE ME PLEASE Scarlet Violet: Don't know what the hell is going on here.

We should have something by now...

AJ97

They probably realised that they can easily sell Games and no longer need the anime to help promote/sell more games like before. They hardly did any justice to Galar and left the Gyms out which was arguably the best part of Sword and Shield. Yet, they sold more than enough copies.

Maybe with this realization, they will stop following the old formula like they did in Journeys and continue to treat the anime as a separate entity and not as a tool to sell more games.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I see. Wouldn't that mean that, if they thought SV anime was coming, they got ready to finish Project Mew and PWC only to realize the plans have changed? That seems kinda inconvenient for them.

And in that case, they'd have to figure out what to do with the extra episodes, no?
I wonder if they found out they're getting cancelled, and these last episodes are meant to wrap up Ash's journey...